The Football thread: first TOTW hypeeee

Comments

• YOLOT0URE
    7908 posts League Winner
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Gueye has handed in a transfer request. Move to PSG likely then.

Frees up Nkunku to join us. The lads got sauce, buzzing for more sauce with Laca and Auba

Yeah looks brilliant signing, another midfielder that can slot right in alongside the other 7 central midfielders you have. May aswell play no defence and play 6-3-1. Must be buzzing to avoid strengthening your defence again
  • Arsenalfan97
    9015 posts League Winner
    YOLOT0URE wrote: »

Frees up Nkunku to join us. The lads got sauce, buzzing for more sauce with Laca and Auba

Yeah looks brilliant signing, another midfielder that can slot right in alongside the other 7 central midfielders you have. May aswell play no defence and play 6-3-1. Must be buzzing to avoid strengthening your defence again

Nah don’t worry Xhaka at cb :s
  • Davisto
    6916 posts Big Money Move
    AqW9JbQ.jpg

Even misses on paper :joy:
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2019

can't blame the lad, hope we manage to get a decent fee out of them and reinvest in a front man. Maybe we can do a swap deal for Cavani...
  • Antparry92
    20574 posts Club Captain
    Is this not the best bit of keeping you’ve seen for a while :joy:

• LFC Simon 98
    21435 posts Club Captain
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Saw they’ve been like 23 wins 0 loses 278 scored and 0 conceded this season.

And people wonder why the women’s game gets no respect
  • Summer69
    1538 posts Play-Off Hero

The last goal, the lady goes to get the ball? they are 32-0 up, not 2-1 down!!
  • LFC Simon 98
    21435 posts Club Captain
    Summer69 wrote: »

The last goal, the lady goes to get the ball? they are 32-0 up, not 2-1 down!!

Wants to complete her quadruple hattrick
  • LFC Simon 98
    21435 posts Club Captain
    Mane signed a new deal couple days back

Means in the last 12 months or so VVD, Alisson, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Fabinho, Keita, Robbo, Trent, Gomez, Wilson all signed long term contracts. Spine of the team being well looked after
  • Tof33z
    VVD out for Leicester game apparently
  • LFC Simon 98
    21435 posts Club Captain
    Tof33z wrote: »

He’s got a cold. Better tighten up
  • Keano
    20135 posts Club Captain

If he is it could be a much trickier game for Pool... could show people how they are without one player... who arguably is their best player this season (you can say Salah, but i feel without Salah they'll still score & get results, without VVD they conceed a lot more than they have & arn't top of the league right now).
  • Tof33z
    Keano wrote: »

If he is it could be a much trickier game for Pool... could show people how they are without one player... who arguably is their best player this season (you can say Salah, but i feel without Salah they'll still score & get results, without VVD they conceed a lot more than they have & arn't top of the league right now).

yep , be interesting to see how they cope, though Leicester are mostly dirt this year. Still, punting the long balls to Vardy could be a test for Lovren etc
  • LFC Simon 98
    21435 posts Club Captain
    edited January 2019

yep , be interesting to see how they cope, though Leicester are mostly dirt this year. Still, punting the long balls to Vardy could be a test for Lovren etc

More worried about Matip. Lovren will be grand. Usually plays well against lower teams.

It’s the fact our backline is so disjointed. Trent injured, Milner suspended, Gomez injured, Matip/Lovren/VVD all carrying knocks etc.

So unlucky with injuries recently, whoever’s RCB will likely have either Fabinho or Gini playing RB. Can see that being tragic
  • Tof33z

More worried about Matip. Lovren will be grand. Usually plays well against lower teams.

It’s the fact our backline is so disjointed. Trent injured, Milner suspended, Gomez injured, Matip/Lovren/VVD all carrying knocks etc.

So unlucky with injuries recently now

you have the firepower, just got to do well up front and score more than them. Can't afford one of those nervy/stuttery games you've been doing

Look on the bright side, it's practice for Bayern
  • Keano
    20135 posts Club Captain

you have the firepower, just got to do well up front and score more than them. Can't afford one of those nervy/stuttery games you've been doing

This basically. Which might sound bitter from a United fan, but without VVD your defence looks pretty mediocre imo, Robertson is great, Lovren always has a mistake in him, Matip is okay but not the player you lot thought you were getting, Milner is aging & not a LB (even though he's one of your hardest workers), TAA/Gomes look solid but are stil both inexperienced & show fragile moments in their game.

You need to do a United, go on the front foot & just simply.. outscore them, though I hope Leicester smash you 5-0 & Vardy runs up to the camera shh'ing & then dabs infront of the Liverpool fans.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21435 posts Club Captain

Aye that was basically our tactic second half vs Palace. It’s a good plan B to have considering we spent the last 3 years just forgetting about even trying to defend
  • LFC Simon 98
    21435 posts Club Captain
    edited January 2019

This basically. Which might sound bitter from a United fan, but without VVD your defence looks pretty mediocre imo, Robertson is great, Lovren always has a mistake in him, Matip is okay but not the player you lot thought you were getting, Milner is aging & not a LB (even though he's one of your hardest workers), TAA/Gomes look solid but are stil both inexperienced & show fragile moments in their game.

You need to do a United, go on the front foot & just simply.. outscore them, though I hope Leicester smash you 5-0 & Vardy runs up to the camera shh'ing & then dabs infront of the Liverpool fans.

Aww no I’d fully agree. Alisson gives good confidence and I think Robbo is top 5 LB’s around at the minute. Lovren is good if someone can hold his hand.

Gomez and TAA will be stars but like you said need more experience

The rest of them are pretty useless
  • Keano
    20135 posts Club Captain

Aww no I’d fully agree. Alisson gives good confidence and I think Robbo is top 5 LB’s around at the minute. Lovren is good if someone can hold his hand.

I can see you playing a more defensive minded midfield due to your lack of VVD at the back though which might hold your creativity to your forwards off.
  • LFC Simon 98
    21435 posts Club Captain

I can see you playing a more defensive minded midfield due to your lack of VVD at the back though which might hold your creativity to your forwards off.

Fabinho masterclass incoming
  • Keano
    20135 posts Club Captain

Wouldn't be surprised at Fabinho, Henderson & wijnaldum (would've said Keita, but he's been worse on form than Wijnaldum).
  • Milner
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite

They signed Pickford?
  • LFC Simon 98
    21435 posts Club Captain

Wouldn't be surprised at Fabinho, Henderson & wijnaldum (would've said Keita, but he's been worse on form than Wijnaldum).

I thought Wijnaldum was gonna be gone last summer but he’s been our best CM this season
  • Keano
    20135 posts Club Captain

I thought Wijnaldum was gonna be gone last summer but he’s been our best CM this season

he's turned things around for sure, kept Keita out of the team a fair bit, would've said Henderson too, but i think he keeps himself out of the team :trollface:
  • Antparry92
    20574 posts Club Captain
    Milner wrote: »

They signed Pickford?

Good ol’ t-Rex arms would have flapped at them as well :joy:
  • Tof33z
    Milner wrote: »

They signed Pickford?

I can post you some Alisson gifs if you want....

anyway Pickford's the least of our issues
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    34618 posts National Team Captain

She the actual GK? Or someone that volunteered because there was no other option. Lol.