• Crossland
    8144 posts League Winner
    Well played Watford :)
  • Dan is Clutch
    25460 posts Player of the Year
    Don’t let me down tomorrow please West Ham. :grimace:
  • Orison
    49482 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Arsenal should have conceded 5 in that 2nd half and that's me being generous.

Got abolutely dominated by Watford. 31-7 shots lmao.
  • Tof33z
    6885 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 15
    Crossland wrote: »
    Well played Watford :)

Immense second half after being so dire in the first

Arsenal mentaity is banter level.
  • Shshj
    4222 posts National Call-Up
    Luiz at fault again?

pep-1.jpg
  • Southgatology
    624 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pepe dropping a 0/10 performance and Watford having 28 attempts to 7... ooooof
  • Tornado31619
    17367 posts World Class
    Two years on, Troy Deeney has been proven right once again.
  • ccooaattssyy
    8229 posts League Winner
    Embarrassing.
  • Pugzilla
    16420 posts World Class
    edited September 15

You can’t say anything about him it’s only 5 games where he’s done nothing.

Edit: He won the “dribbled past Van Dijk 2019 award”
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21442 posts Club Captain
    Orison wrote: »
    Arsenal should have conceded 5 in that 2nd half and that's me being generous.

Got abolutely dominated by Watford. 31-7 shots lmao.

Same Watford who had 2 goals coming in to this game
  • Alex_cr
    5245 posts Big Money Move

Just needs a goal.... or to take a shot... or to be in position to shoot 😬
  • TakeItSlow
    7538 posts League Winner
    Definitely the worst performance i've seen since the Palace 3-0 away trip and 3-3 Bournemouth. Alan Smith said the players don't really know what Emery's tactics are. I'd have to agree with that, they look lost at times.
  • Dan is Clutch
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Definitely the worst performance i've seen since the Palace 3-0 away trip and 3-3 Bournemouth. Alan Smith said the players don't really know what Emery's tactics are. I'd have to agree with that, they look lost at times.

The playing out of the back is just pure suicide. You look like conceding nearly every time you do it!
  • Orison
    Arsenal has now faced the most shots of any team in the top 5 leagues.

Luiz was a good deal tho, really strengthened their defense... :trollface:
  • TakeItSlow
    7538 posts League Winner

The playing out of the back is just pure suicide. You look like conceding nearly every time you do it!

Especially with Sokratis and AMN on the right. Obviously our best defence is missing 3 players at the moment, but doing that EVERY time is not on.
  • EddieFicio
    21881 posts Club Captain
    edited September 15
    RappSnitch wrote: »
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    I hope Caraballos has a good season

Hopefully he can take Ericksson’s spot in the TOTS this year.

Its hard because Ericsson and his teammate Sony are known for being a deadly partnership
  • Dan is Clutch

Especially with Sokratis and AMN on the right. Obviously our best defence is missing 3 players at the moment, but doing that EVERY time is not on.

It’s obviously instructed by the manager to do it but you’d think that somebody on the pitch would just say stop doing it after you’ve lost the ball a few times and got away with it. Crazy football really.
  • Orison

It’s obviously instructed by the manager to do it but you’d think that somebody on the pitch would just say stop doing it after you’ve lost the ball a few times and got away with it. Crazy football really.

Dunno where this came from. Quite a few teams try it and it doesn't pay off for a single one of them. Only creates dangerous situations.
  • TakeItSlow
    7538 posts League Winner

Something isn't right at all.
  • ha032742
    35285 posts Moderator
    Rob Holding will sort it out
  • Pugzilla
    16420 posts World Class
    ha032742 wrote: »
    Rob Holding will sort it out

Yes I’m buying that a Scottish Prem player, a glorified RW, and Rob Holding are going to save that defense.

WaIT TiLL wE GeT OuR rEAL DefEndERS BaCK

• TakeItSlow
    7538 posts League Winner
    Bellerin - Luiz - Holding - Tierney

Gives me more confidence but the same mistakes will be there.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17801 posts World Class
    Bellerin - Luiz - Holding - Tierney

Gives me more confidence but the same mistakes will be there.

Which one of them is going to do the defending?
  • Gyan_33
    30634 posts National Team Captain
    I want Holding to come back and let 5 goals in every week just so all Arsenal fans can shut up about him being the Messiah aka "like a new signing"
  • ha032742
    35285 posts Moderator
    edited September 15
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    I want Holding to come back and let 5 goals in every week just so all Arsenal fans can shut up about him being the Messiah aka "like a new signing"

I don’t know if you are aware but Saliba is the best U21 defender in the world...I’ve heard he’s the new VVD.
  • Gyan_33
    30634 posts National Team Captain

I don’t know if you are aware but Saliba is the best U21 defender in the world...I’ve heard he’s the new VVD.

Yes and Cabellareros and Torriereriaro is the best midfield duo since Xavi and Iniesta.
  • Pugzilla
    16420 posts World Class

Yes and Cabellareros and Torriereriaro is the best midfield duo since Xavi and Iniesta.

All trolling aside I wonder how much of Arsenal’s issue is that their backline gets very little support from the midfield.

• Crossland
    8144 posts League Winner

Something isn't right at all.

It's cause everyone knows Arsenal are just there for the taking so they shoot on site 😂
  • ha032742
    35285 posts Moderator
    edited September 15
    Pugzilla wrote: »

All trolling aside I wonder how much of Arsenal’s issue is that their backline gets very little support from the midfield.

A lot of is because of the midfield I feel. There’s very little protection of the back 4 in the games I’ve seen which means Luiz rushes out of position at least once game in a desperate attempt to stop a counter but just leaves a massive gap in defence which is inevitably exploited.