The Football thread: first TOTW hypeeee

Comments

• Gyan_33
    30579 posts National Team Captain
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    If they stopped all international football tomorrow meaning no more Euros or World Cups I honestly wouldn’t care.

It's a weird one. I **** hate the qualifiers but I love every single minute of the tournaments.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17775 posts World Class
    If they stopped all international football tomorrow meaning no more Euros or World Cups I honestly wouldn’t care.

Nah. As much as I hate international breaks. A World Cup is one of the most magical months. The amount it means every game is incredible
  • Crossland
    8135 posts League Winner

Nah. As much as I hate international breaks. A World Cup is one of the most magical months. The amount it means every game is incredible

+1
  • LFC Simon 98
    17775 posts World Class
    Brb away to YouTube to watch ‘2010 WORLD CUP ALL GOALS ENGLISH COMMENTARY’ for about the 100th time
  • Orison
    49426 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited September 12
    2014 germany-brazil absolutely iconic game.

Everybody was in utter disbelief.
  • Alex_cr
    5219 posts Big Money Move

Yeah in all reality I probably wouldn’t. It’s just 2 weeks without regular football so early in the season! Don’t think I’m really thinking objectively 😂
  • Orison
    48 team WC might be shambles tho. We will see.
  • Crossland
    8135 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »
    2014 germany-brazil absolutely iconic game.

Everybody was in utter disbelief.

The 1-7 mauling 😂
  • Gyan_33
    Brb away to YouTube to watch ‘2010 WORLD CUP ALL GOALS ENGLISH COMMENTARY’ for about the 100th time

I was 14 years old and had to cycle for an hour every day to get from school to my house. After the school bell I ran towards my bike, got home in 45 minutes, turned on the tv and was just in time for South Africa v Mexico to kick-off.

TSHABALALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • RealM
    5803 posts Big Money Move
    Gyan_33 wrote: »

I was 14 years old and had to cycle for an hour every day to get from school to my house. After the school bell I ran towards my bike, got home in 45 minutes, turned on the tv and was just in time for South Africa v Mexico to kick-off.

My school set up mini tv's in the lunch area and had the World Cup on at lunch time. :#
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21423 posts Club Captain

Hopefully the minnows sneaking in will go for it and open up but I fear more buses parked :(

Yea international breaks are a necessary evil I suppose but they ruin the flow of the club season and most supporters just hope for no injuries.

@LFC Simon 98 2010 Forlan :love:
  • Tof33z
    6885 posts Big Money Move
    They could just do qualification alphabetically. Most of the good teams would still get in, and Scotland's chances would be unaffected
  • Gyan_33

Hopefully the minnows sneaking in will go for it and open up but I fear more buses parked :(

Yea international breaks are a necessary evil I suppose but they ruin the flow of the club season and most supporters just hope for no injuries.

59f.png

947c0f97c23d1dc00e926e477e862c5c.png
  • Tof33z
    6885 posts Big Money Move
    RealM wrote: »

My school set up mini tv's in the lunch area and had the World Cup on at lunch time. :#

I work for a consultancy company in a big bank. Bank revoked all our guest WiFi access as we all broke it streaming the world cup. Went down well that
  • Azof
    16762 posts World Class
    RealM wrote: »

We had it in the assembly hall, our year had done our leaving exams so we were free just to go watch games all day.
  • Orison

It's going to be endless bus parking. Even the big teams are bus parking counter attacking merchants these days. It's sad.

Also next WC is the winter one. Absolute F to watch a WC while it's raining and probably freezing.
  • Orison
    That's what happens when you pay the mafia instead of the people who are supposed to renovate your dressing room :trollface:
  • Finesse_4days
    7610 posts League Winner
    edited September 12

Yeah in all reality I probably wouldn’t. It’s just 2 weeks without regular football so early in the season! Don’t think I’m really thinking objectively 😂

I dont understand how people say it is a 2 week break when in fact it is a 1 week as there is always around a week between prem games anyway.
  • Pietu
    2565 posts Fans' Favourite

59f.png

Is it bad that I don't know who the first duo is? :lol:
  • LFC Simon 98
    17775 posts World Class
    Pietu wrote: »

59f.png

They look a lot different now.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21423 posts Club Captain

"LFC Simon 98" 2010 Forlan :love:

It's going to be endless bus parking. Even the big teams are bus parking counter attacking merchants these days. It's sad.

Also next WC is the winter one. Absolute F to watch a WC while it's raining and probably freezing.

France sitting deep against Myanmar just to unleash Mbappe on the counter :sweat_smile:

Still cant believe that WC is happening :# I know Fifa is corrupt but damn.
  • Pietu

59f.png

Who are they?
  • Alex_cr
    5219 posts Big Money Move

I dont understand how people say it is a 2 week break when in fact it is a 1 week as there is always around a week between prem games anyway.

Because there’s always some midweek stuff on. Very rarely does a day go by without some sort of decent football on. Don’t really get what’s hard to understand?
  • Crossland
    8135 posts League Winner

59f.png

Who are they?

Jenner sisters,Kylie and Kendall
  • Pietu
    Crossland wrote: »

59f.png

Who are they?

I atleast have heard about them but know absolutely nothing about them
  • Gyan_33

59f.png

Who are they?

Good
  • Pietu

59f.png

Who are they?

Good

But couldn't care less about them
  • Orison
    edited September 12

59f.png

Who are they?

Good

One of them is the youngest selfmade billionaire iirc.

Gotta respect it. Nobody in that family seems to be smart, but they must have a very good management and now they are rich af.
  • Tornado31619
    17341 posts World Class

Was buying into that until Crouch ! 😂

Was buying it until no torres

The full article is on BT’s website. He’s mentioned IIRC
  • Pietu

59f.png

Who are they?

Good

One of them is the youngest selfmade billionaire iirc.

Gotta respect it. Nobody in that family seems to be smart, but they must have a very good management and now they are rich af.

Yeah but don't care, money isn't the most important thing for me