The Football thread: first TOTW hypeeee

Comments

• Alex_cr
    5219 posts Big Money Move
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    What if eric from the pub turns out to be dier

As part of Brexit we’ve identified that Eric Diers actually from Portugal, so we’re kicking him out.

I heard that as part of any deal he’ll be allowed to stay. Better hope we get a hard Brexit
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21423 posts Club Captain
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    And you outright said favourites going into a final don’t matter. It’s completely down to luck

That’s a bit different.

I literally said the exact same thing as Orange. :( You just don't like me.

Our young Simon has grown up to be quite petulant, hasn't he :(
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21423 posts Club Captain
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    What if eric from the pub turns out to be dier

As part of Brexit we’ve identified that Eric Diers actually from Portugal, so we’re kicking him out.

I heard that as part of any deal he’ll be allowed to stay. Better hope we get a hard Brexit

If that is Eric Dier under a soft Brexit I'd hate to see a hard Brexit :#
  • El_Nino
    3539 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 10
    Tournaments are weird. One off matches don't always go to the better team or even the team that played better that day. Much harder to fluke it over the span of a 38 game season.

In the real football section they discovered its completely down to luck. Ain’t that right @El_Nino
    Very true @LFC Simon 98 Through many careful research methods, such as but not limited too the very scientific eyeball test, I can confirm everything ever is just luck.

• LFC Simon 98
    17784 posts World Class
    And you outright said favourites going into a final don’t matter. It’s completely down to luck

That’s a bit different.

Your a sound bloke. But you say dumb stuff. As we all do tbf

That’s a bit different.

Our young Simon has grown up to be quite petulant, hasn't he :(

You can’t tell me what to do no more
  • Summer69
    1363 posts Professional
    I genuinely think if England click and have a bit of luck we could beat anyone 4-0, at the same time we could equally lose to any team in the world 4-0 quite easily.

I think the euros will be close, the stand out teams at the moment are france, Holland, England and CR7 but spain, germany and Italy could always turn up.
  • Crossland
    8135 posts League Winner
    edited September 11
    Summer69 wrote: »
    I genuinely think if England click and have a bit of luck we could beat anyone 4-0, at the same time we could equally lose to any team in the world 4-0 quite easily.

I think the euros will be close, the stand out teams at the moment are france, Holland, England and CR7 but spain, germany and Italy could always turn up.

England always stand out in the qualifying stages and look great but when it gets to knockout football totally different ball game.

France will be the team to beat as always and it's going to Be interesting to see how Holland do they have everything needed to win the tournament kind of like England but usually fall flat on their face like England once they start playing the big boys and the real pressure is on !
  • Tornado31619
    17341 posts World Class
    edited September 11
    :joy: :joy: :joy:

EDIT: he’s actually a 79. My bad.
  • LFC Simon 98
    17784 posts World Class
    Wouldn’t have surprised me tbh
  • Alemas_2012
    15680 posts World Class

You actually posted that without even looking at the comments that all said he was 79?! :joy:
    I wasn't sure whether you actually believed that or you were laughing at the fact that they posted "fake news"...
    Do some fact checking, will you? :D A check on Futhead, Futwiz, or Futbin takes a couple of seconds...
  • Alemas_2012
    15680 posts World Class
    edited September 11
    On the subject of Futhead, they continue having problems with displaying the correct strong foot.
    Now everyone's right-footed.
    Guess they've resurrected the "righties" and wiped out the lefties now, @Davisto? :trollface:
  • Tornado31619
    17341 posts World Class

You actually posted that without even looking at the comments that all said he was 79?! :joy:
    I wasn't sure whether you actually believed that or you were laughing at the fact that they posted "fake news"...
    Do some fact checking, will you? :D A check on Futhead, Futwiz, or Futbin takes a couple of seconds...

Alright, calm down :lol:
  • Davisto
    6351 posts Big Money Move
    On the subject of Futhead, they continue having problems with displaying the correct strong foot.
    Now everyone's right-footed.
    Guess they've resurrected the "righties" and wiped out the lefties now, @Davisto? :trollface:

@Alemas_2012 heard it was boris :trollface: but yeah glad it got fixed 😊 can start checking WR now
  • TakeItSlow
    7521 posts League Winner

He does this a lot, let him be.
  • Summer69
    1363 posts Professional
    Crossland wrote: »
    Summer69 wrote: »

England always stand out in the qualifying stages and look great but when it gets to knockout football totally different ball game.

France will be the team to beat as always and it's going to Be interesting to see how Holland do they have everything needed to win the tournament kind of like England but usually fall flat on their face like England once they start playing the big boys and the real pressure is on !

True, but so did spain, Portugal and Greece. Im not saying we are going to win it, just saying might have one stand out game and beat a big team and then get smashed by albania
  • Gyan_33
    30592 posts National Team Captain

Honestly this time is the worst in terms of people who can't be bothered to check things. Even when Futhead got the skill moves wrong, people got mad at EA instead. "HAHAHA ÖZIL 3* SKILLS?!?! OMG EA LOGIK **** U EA", not realising that literally hundreds of players got wrong skill moves (even defenders with 1* skills).
  • Orison
    49429 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Some people are too busy posting instagram and twitter ****. Ain't got no time to check if it's actually true what they are copy and pasting.
  • Finesse_4days
    7620 posts League Winner
    An England side with Keane and Barkley starting is going to achieve sweet **** all and I am an optimistic England fan, the defending last night was criminal, I also don't think Rice is that great and we don't need him in the same side as Henderson.
    I would like to see us play:
    Pickford
    Arnold Gomez Maguire Rose
    Henderson
    Madison Winks
    Sancho Kane Sterling

• Crossland
    8135 posts League Winner
    An England side with Keane and Barkley starting is going to achieve sweet **** all and I am an optimistic England fan, the defending last night was criminal, I also don't think Rice is that great and we don't need him in the same side as Henderson.
    I would like to see us play:
    Pickford
    Arnold Gomez Maguire Rose
    Henderson
    Madison Winks
    Sancho Kane Sterling

Defence and Midfield weak AF would be ripped apart by a big nation imo
  • Tornado31619
    17341 posts World Class
    If only KDB picked England :lol:
  • Dan is Clutch
    25443 posts Player of the Year

Rice’s stats over the last 2 games. 1 mistake means he’s now not good enough according to some morons.

I think people seem to forget he’s a 20 year old CB playing in midfield for only the 2nd season. Give him a chance Ffs.
  • Apollo
    15653 posts World Class
    edited September 11

Rice’s stats over the last 2 games. 1 mistake means he’s now not good enough according to some morons.

I think people seem to forget he’s a 20 year old CB playing in midfield for only the 2nd season. Give him a chance Ffs.

Genuinely baffles me how people have decided he had a terrible game because of that one misplaced pass. Outside of that pass he was excellent.
  • jenksiee123
    21728 posts Club Captain
    edited September 11
    giphy.gif
    It’s nearly back
  • Crossland
    8135 posts League Winner
    Rice does look great and needs to be starting all games for sure but who to play with him is the question !
  • Apollo
    15653 posts World Class
    Crossland wrote: »
    Rice does look great and needs to be starting all games for sure but who to play with him is the question !

Rice
    Winks - Maddison
  • Finesse_4days
    7620 posts League Winner
    Rice is a decent prospect but I don't think he is a good as Henderson for playing out from the back and against teams like Kosovo we shouldn't be playing with 2 holding players. Probably a better CB than Maguire and Keane wouldn't mid seeing him used there.
  • Apollo
    15653 posts World Class
    Rice is a decent prospect but I don't think he is a good as Henderson for playing out from the back and against teams like Kosovo we shouldn't be playing with 2 holding players. Probably a better CB than Maguire and Keane wouldn't mid seeing him used there.

Yeah I completely agree that Southgate played it too safe against the smaller teams, Rice and Henderson didn't both need to play. Rice, Winks and Maddison is the midfield I'd play against the better teams, can bring in a more attacking option for Winks against the smaller teams.
  • Dan is Clutch
    25443 posts Player of the Year

This i do understand. He is learning and improving on his game coming out from the back, it will take time and games for him to improve at that.
  • TakeItSlow
    7521 posts League Winner
    The thing is doing that against such poor opposition is different to doing it in the big games.
  • Tof33z
    6885 posts Big Money Move
    not sure you can say he played it too safe when they conceded 3 :)