The Football thread: first TOTW hypeeee

Comments

• TakeItSlow
    7974 posts League Winner
    Yeah if Hazard is 90m in the last year of his contract then Sane is 150-200m
  • Tornado31619
    17874 posts World Class
    TakeItSlow wrote: »

Sané worth as much as Neymar :lol:
  • TakeItSlow
    7974 posts League Winner

Not sure what’s funny about that?
  • Summer69
    1396 posts Professional
    yeh for me sane is easily worth £125/150 million, the guy is class and really young.
  • Crossland
    8391 posts League Winner
    edited August 13

Differences are Neymar was never worth 200m,realistically he was a 90-100m player,Transfer fees are rarely what a player is actually worth !

Sane is easily a 125M + player in today's market if not more
  • TakeItSlow
    7974 posts League Winner
    Crossland wrote: »

Differences are Neymar was never worth 200m,realistically he was a 90-100m player,Transfer fees are rarely what a player is actually worth !

Wouldn’t listen to him. He probably values Pogba at around 150m. In which case if he doesn’t value Sane at around the same price he is a joke.
  • jenksiee123
    21947 posts Club Captain
    Neymar would be worth more now anyways. He went for £200 mill or whatever 2 years ago, prices are even more inflated now.
  • Crossland
    8391 posts League Winner
    edited August 13
    Neymar would be worth more now anyways. He went for £200 mill or whatever 2 years ago, prices are even more inflated now.

Why would he be worth more I'd say less the guy has hardly played for a year and has accomplished nothing footballing wise realy !
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    32185 posts National Team Captain
    Summer69 wrote: »
    yeh for me sane is easily worth £125/150 million, the guy is class and really young.

And doesn’t spend half a season on vacation
  • Summer69
    1396 posts Professional
    Summer69 wrote: »

And doesn’t spend half a season on vacation

I don't know if sane has a sister or not...…...
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21796 posts Club Captain

Why would he be worth more I'd say less the guy has hardly played for a year and has accomplished nothing footballing wise realy !

You can say a lot about Neymar but to say he's accomplished nothing football-wise is a bit far lol
  • ChrisDotGaming
    1220 posts Professional
    Everton were desperate for a CB and he’s a free agent now :D

• arsenalap
    6091 posts Big Money Move
    You realise part of a players value is commercial appeal.

Pogba has it. Neymar has it. Sane does not really have it..
  • Thefranchise92
    3890 posts National Call-Up
    https://www.football365.com/news/top-ten-kneejerk-reactions-to-the-opening-weekend-2

for those that like to make predictions on players and teams based on 1 weekend
  • Sercs
    18708 posts World Class
    OGS is out of his depth in the prem, he’s just not good enough as a manager. The squad united have is good enough for top 4 this year but they still play counter football against small sides, DDG bailed them out on Sunday with some great saves and Chelsea missed good chances.

Intrigued to see how they get on moving forward
  • BrentfordFC
    12460 posts Has That Special Something
    arsenalap wrote: »

Are you inSane? :trollface:

He’s loved by German fans tbf. Just not a big name. Needs a more popular move like Madrid or Barca
  • BrentfordFC
    12460 posts Has That Special Something
    Sercs wrote: »
    OGS is out of his depth in the prem, he’s just not good enough as a manager. The squad united have is good enough for top 4 this year but they still play counter football against small sides, DDG bailed them out on Sunday with some great saves and Chelsea missed good chances.

Gunna win the league now :trollface:
  • Thefranchise92

i think lampard is as per the article. he only retired 3 years ago, got his badges a year ago and barely set the world alight at derby. Larger managers have shrunk at chelsea. At united we have a degree of patience and soljskaer has been coaching for a few years now winning the league with molde who had never previously won a league title. yes different and smaller league but still quite impressive.

He is probably slightly out of his depth in the prem, but where better than a club he atleast knows and players who respect him. he showed in his run and pre season he can atleast motivate them for periods. honestly think our late season slump was because of lack of fitness his game required the players had been playing low block football all year, were then required to buzz around. it caught up with them. a full pre season would have done his ethos a world of good. like klopp and poch they regurlarly do double sessions in pre season to get players ready for the intensity of the press during the season
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    Oh man, that attack of SMN+Greezemen+Dembelay <3
  • Couchy
    9505 posts League Winner

Not good enough... yet has victories over Poch, Tuchel and Sarri in his first what 25 games as United manager.

Not sure what game you were watching on Sunday but just to check, are we all back to rating De Gea again? I heard he was finished.
  • Tornado31619
    17874 posts World Class

Wouldn’t listen to him. He probably values Pogba at around 150m. In which case if he doesn’t value Sane at around the same price he is a joke.

I personally don’t value Pogba at 150m. Next year I’ll gladly take 100m for him.

Paris will sell Neymar at a loss, but he will still go for at least 150m. Hazard was 130m, right? Sané goes for no more than that. He’s an amazing player, but he can’t touch Hazard or Neymar, whether that’s on the pitch or through their marketability. And that’s regardless of age.
  • Thefranchise92
    i think pogba gets a lot of stick tbh even from me but all attacking players lose the ball. its the stuff he does in his own half that pisses me off ( not tracking back, unnecessary skills). pogba maybe not in style reminds me of yaya, he can do a job in a deeper role like at barca but he's best with a dm next to him (de jong,barry,fernandinho) to let him play his best game

I personally don’t value Pogba at 150m. Next year I’ll gladly take 100m for him.

Paris will sell Neymar at a loss, but he will still go for at least 150m. Hazard was 130m, right? Sané goes for no more than that. He’s an amazing player, but he can’t touch Hazard or Neymar, whether that’s on the pitch or through their marketability. And that’s regardless of age.

• Crossland
    8391 posts League Winner
    edited August 13

You can say a lot about Neymar but to say he's accomplished nothing football-wise is a bit far lol

Ok fair enough he has accomplished a bit but nowhere near what he could and probably should have given the right attitude,look at him playing for Brazil at Majors he spends more time on the floor diving or being blown over by the wind and complaining to the Ref's than he does on his feet his whole attitude towards the game is wrong for me
  • Alemas_2012
    15856 posts World Class
    maymanpele wrote: »

@Gyan_33
  • arsenalap
    6091 posts Big Money Move
    arsenalap wrote: »

Are you inSane? :trollface:

He’s loved by German fans tbf. Just not a big name. Needs a more popular move like Madrid or Barca

Sane has 4.6m Instagram followers.

Pogba has 37m.

Neymar has 124m.

German fans might love him but globally Pogba and Neymar have 10x the appeal, which has a big impact on a transfer fee when you're looking at players going for 150m plus.

Sane has the benefit that he is talented, young and quite unique in his style, coupled with City having no need to sell, which brings his price up.

But comparing his fee to Neymar and Pogba is silly as it's a whole different ball game.
  • Gyan_33
    31389 posts National Team Captain
    maymanpele wrote: »

@Gyan_33

He's trying way too hard at this point, don't feed the troll ;)
  • Edu
    6759 posts Big Money Move
    OTW Neymar in Madrid or Barcelona?
  • Sercs
    18708 posts World Class
    Couchy wrote: »

Not good enough... yet has victories over Poch, Tuchel and Sarri in his first what 25 games as United manager.

Not sure what game you were watching on Sunday but just to check, are we all back to rating De Gea again? I heard he was finished.

There is a reason why he’s managed Molde, then sacked as Cardiff manager then back to Molde and nobody has ever touched him since apart from United given his status as a legendary bench player.

Yes he beat those coaches but he also got beaten 4-0 by Everton, smashed by Pep at home, losing both home and away to Barcelona, lost to wolves, lost to Cardiff at home (looool) and then drew to Huddersfield away(looool)

He’s not good enough - United squad is good tho
  • TakeItSlow
    7974 posts League Winner
    edited August 13
    Death, taxes, Couchy getting gassed over one win against a poor side in the premier league.

You love to see it. God knows how unbearable they’d be if they actually won something.
  • CeeQue
    11379 posts Has That Special Something
    Edu wrote: »
    OTW Neymar in Madrid or Barcelona?

Doubt he even leaves P$G this summer. If by pure cash Madrid. But with us I don't think we have the funds/players for the move to happen.