Comments

• arsenalap
    6013 posts Big Money Move
    arsenalap wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.

And then Martial and Rashford would take advantage of Bellerin once again being out of position.

No because the ball would be in the back of the net via Auba.

But if we played arsenal we would probably play a slightly more defensive game. Chelsea dont have any weapons. And our defense is better than yours and our midfields is probably better but your attack demolishes ours but yeah. The truth will be revealed. I just think its naive to put gameplans down to one game against completely different opposition and also against someone like ole gunnar who seems to taper his team and tactics unlike pep or wenger

Minus Pogba your midfield is pure trash. We have no mids better than Pogba but 4 mids better than the rest of yours.

So our mdifield is better than yours. You can only play 2/3 mids at one time unless your playing a diamond which i dont think you play. Whats arsenals best midfield now
    Torreira, ceballos and ozil/mkhi?

Vs Pogba, Mctominay/Matic, Gomes/Pereira..

Yes matic has slightly declined and so the other two are young. But ceballos is untested in this league and ozil and mkhi are finished at top level. Then its a straight shoot out between torreira and pogba ( who i hate btw)

Our main midfielder (sadly) is xhaka, Pogba easily better than him.

After that Torreira, Guendouzi, Willock, Ceballos and Ozil are miles ahead of your midfield options. Not even counting Mikky because he’s trash.

Doesnt matter about squad options..just talking about starters. Likely starters are the ones listed. How many games has willock to be in there, ceballos too. He could be your fred.. dont know how you can say ceballos is better without him kicking a ball. Reputation in a different league maybe, premier league, no. Ozil is finished too, which is a shame cos hes one of my favourite players of this gen ( that game against Leicester last year was a masterpiece but seems to be the exception rather than the rule)

Ozil isn't finished. Find that argument a ridiculous one by people who dont watch him.

Sanchez and Miki are finished, Matic too for that sake, but Ozil has something to give at a high level.

Also find it ridiculous how people say.. oh they haven't played in the prem before so they must not have ever played football before.

Fred came from the Ukrainian league ffs. Cebellos has come from Real Madrid off the back of two u21 team of the tournaments back to back and a very good season before the Madrid move. The madrid move was a mistake, but anyone can see hes a good player.

In fact your whole post was ridiculous tbh mate. United dont have a better midfield than us, Pogba doesn't make your midfield better than ours alone..

If ozil isnt finished then Emery seems to not want him anyway. So hes finished at arsenal. It doesnt matter where a player came from this is a different league. Diego forlan was **** at united then left to spain and became one of the best strikers of his generation. Mkhi was a monster at dortmund and has been a puppy in the prem. Different leagues different demands, nothing is certain in football

In what way does Emery not want him? He played 24 games in the prem last season in between injuries. He started off out of favor but eventually became a starting player till his injuries.

Now he isn't in the side because him and Kolasinac are being attacked by gangs.

Of course nothing is a cert, but people who just say, oh it's a different league, they haven't played football till they come to the prem really annoy me.

Look at the player, look at there they come from, look at the skill sets they have.

The only issue I have with Cebellos is that hes on loan, but equally he will want to prove himself.
  • TakeItSlow
    7825 posts League Winner
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

And then Martial and Rashford would take advantage of Bellerin once again being out of position.

But if we played arsenal we would probably play a slightly more defensive game. Chelsea dont have any weapons. And our defense is better than yours and our midfields is probably better but your attack demolishes ours but yeah. The truth will be revealed. I just think its naive to put gameplans down to one game against completely different opposition and also against someone like ole gunnar who seems to taper his team and tactics unlike pep or wenger

Minus Pogba your midfield is pure trash. We have no mids better than Pogba but 4 mids better than the rest of yours.

So our mdifield is better than yours. You can only play 2/3 mids at one time unless your playing a diamond which i dont think you play. Whats arsenals best midfield now

Yes matic has slightly declined and so the other two are young. But ceballos is untested in this league and ozil and mkhi are finished at top level. Then its a straight shoot out between torreira and pogba ( who i hate btw)

After that Torreira, Guendouzi, Willock, Ceballos and Ozil are miles ahead of your midfield options. Not even counting Mikky because he’s trash.

Doesnt matter about squad options..just talking about starters. Likely starters are the ones listed. How many games has willock to be in there, ceballos too. He could be your fred.. dont know how you can say ceballos is better without him kicking a ball. Reputation in a different league maybe, premier league, no. Ozil is finished too, which is a shame cos hes one of my favourite players of this gen ( that game against Leicester last year was a masterpiece but seems to be the exception rather than the rule)

I mean even you surely can’t deny that in a midfield 3 you’d rather have two of Torreira, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Willock, Ceballos or Ozil ahead of McMarmite, Lingard, Pereira, Fred, Velma and Daphne.

Mctominay is actually decent and so is pereira and lingard. Fred i agree and dont get the others

They’re all crap and wouldn’t get into Everton.
  • EddieFicio
    21934 posts Club Captain
    McTomato is a pes embassador tho
  • Thefranchise92
    3884 posts National Call-Up

Ozil isn't finished. Find that argument a ridiculous one by people who dont watch him.

Sanchez and Miki are finished, Matic too for that sake, but Ozil has something to give at a high level.

Also find it ridiculous how people say.. oh they haven't played in the prem before so they must not have ever played football before.

Fred came from the Ukrainian league ffs. Cebellos has come from Real Madrid off the back of two u21 team of the tournaments back to back and a very good season before the Madrid move. The madrid move was a mistake, but anyone can see hes a good player.

In fact your whole post was ridiculous tbh mate. United dont have a better midfield than us, Pogba doesn't make your midfield better than ours alone..

If ozil isnt finished then Emery seems to not want him anyway. So hes finished at arsenal. It doesnt matter where a player came from this is a different league. Diego forlan was **** at united then left to spain and became one of the best strikers of his generation. Mkhi was a monster at dortmund and has been a puppy in the prem. Different leagues different demands, nothing is certain in football

In what way does Emery not want him? He played 24 games in the prem last season in between injuries. He started off out of favor but eventually became a starting player till his injuries.

Now he isn't in the side because him and Kolasinac are being attacked by gangs.

Of course nothing is a cert, but people who just say, oh it's a different league, they haven't played football till they come to the prem really annoy me.

Look at the player, look at there they come from, look at the skill sets they have.

The only issue I have with Cebellos is that hes on loan, but equally he will want to prove himself.

Yeah i didnt say he wouldnt make it. But its certainly not a given no matter the circumstances. I never even said if you dont make it in the prem your rubbish. I think you may be projecting general naysayers onto me. Even if ceballos doesnt make it here he is still a quality player just not suited to a specific league. Mkhitaryan could probably do a decent job in bundesliga and sanchez in calcio a

Okay the ozil predicament may have just been due to his wages and wanting to offload him. But yeah, things like gang attacks could **** with you. London is hella dangerous..imagine if ceballos gets onto a similar predicament that could play a part in his settling
  • Thefranchise92

I mean even you surely can’t deny that in a midfield 3 you’d rather have two of Torreira, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Willock, Ceballos or Ozil ahead of McMarmite, Lingard, Pereira, Fred, Velma and Daphne.

Mctominay is actually decent and so is pereira and lingard. Fred i agree and dont get the others

They’re all crap and wouldn’t get into Everton.

Lol fair enough
  • ccooaattssyy
    8406 posts League Winner
    edited August 12
    I still don’t rate our midfield (Arsenal) that highly.

Xhaka - whole load of yikes. So sloppy.
    Guendouzi - Young, hungry but still progressing - limited in quite a few areas.
    Willock - Young, still raw but full of energy.
    Ozil - big money, not shown up in a big game in a long, long time.
    Elneny- surplus to requirements.
    Ceballos - still adapting. Rabbit in headlights on Sunday.
    Torreira - pit bull, but limited all round. Good though.

• XxRichiexRichxX
    32136 posts National Team Captain
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Tbh even Pogba is pretty trash at the moment
    Get some proper help in there for him and maybe he will actually bother and be world class again

tbf though, for as wasteful as he (and the rest of the midfield) was yesterday, for him to have the moments of brilliance that he had to lead to 2 of the goals is brilliant. He also was pretty decent defensively.

The midfield as a whole wasn't great yesterday though, very wasteful. hopefully we clean it all up.
  • Crossland
    8323 posts League Winner
    Maguire is going to be a top top signing isn’t he and we will not be able to mock :#

Exactly what I said before Utd signed him,was comparing how he'd do to what VVD has done for Liverpool and how he changed their whole defence as a unit and everyone mocked Harry,only 1 game in but he looks fantastic,he and AWB could make them strong CL qualification contenders ;)
  • Thefranchise92
    Crossland wrote: »
    Maguire is going to be a top top signing isn’t he and we will not be able to mock :#

Exactly what I said before Utd signed him,was comparing how he'd do to what VVD has done for Liverpool and how he changed their whole defence as a unit and everyone mocked Harry,only 1 game in but he looks fantastic,he and AWB could make them strong CL qualification contenders ;)

First time we've gone after someone city have also wanted and its paid off. Tbf in both instances was very easy to drastically improve. Was massively inpressed with AWB.. honestly feel like those two and shaw can be good with. Bailly or lindelof. Jones is a stretch and possibly smalling. Really happy that tuanzebe seems to be ahead of bill and ben in the pecking order. Why did soljskaer keep smalling then.

Someone in here saidnas rotational player it must literally be just a reserve. Dalot to get minutes at both wing back postions and darmian is off too. Young i dont wanna see. Future is looking bright
  • arsenalap
    6013 posts Big Money Move
    I still don’t rate our midfield (Arsenal) that highly.

Xhaka - whole load of yikes. So sloppy.
    Guendouzi - Young, hungry but still progressing - limited in quite a few areas.
    Willock - Young, still raw but full of energy.
    Ozil - big money, not shown up in a big game in a long, long time.
    Elneny- surplus to requirements.
    Ceballos - still adapting. Rabbit in headlights on Sunday.
    Torreira - pit bull, but limited all round. Good though.

I think it's the 5th best out of the top 6, with Leicesters starting midfield ahead of it too.

But the question was is it better than Uniteds and for me it is.
  • Ashy
    9969 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 13
    Let's see how Utd do away to Wolves before going overboard, that Chelsea front 4 was Mount, Barkley, Abraham and Pedro. They missed Kante and Rudiger too. Was a great time to play them and the scoreline makes Utd look much better than they were
  • Thefranchise92
    Ashy wrote: »
    Let's see how Utd do away to Wolves before going overboard, that Chelsea front 4 was Mount, Barkley, Abraham and Pedro. They missed Kante and Rudiger too. Was a great time to play them and the scoreline makes Utd look much better than they were

True i am very worried about wolves tbf
  • ORANGEeffect05
    21719 posts Club Captain
    We're one week in lads, plenty of ups and downs to make fickle statements on ;)
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 13
    United won't get near top four imo. Same issues as they have had for years will present themselves again, inability to dominate possession and create chances. I don't think they're a particularly great counter attacking side either, as shown in the first half against Chelsea, but they got the opening goal which helped them massively. If they can ride their luck and consistently score set pieces/rely on bits of magic to open the scoring, they might have a chance as they have three very good defenders and Lump Shaw.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    We're one week in lads, plenty of ups and downs to make fickle statements on ;)

Exactly.
  • Surfy
    1133 posts Professional
    Seems also like United like depth up top. Either Rashford or Martial go down for an extended period of time will seriously hurt them.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Surfy wrote: »
    Seems also like United like depth up top. Either Rashford or Martial go down for an extended period of time will seriously hurt them.

Greenwood is a better natural ST than both of them imo, so I think we'd be ok if one went out. If both go out, I'd be a little more worried.
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2954 posts Fans' Favourite
    Maguire looked pretty decent. At least its better than what they had. But need to see first against a decent attack
  • holdenwait
    57873 posts National Treasure
    Only got around to watching first MOTD last night, Ndombele looks like a great buy for Spurs indeed. Even in a short highlights video lots of great passes, flicks and overall pace and presence. Nice goal to boot.
  • YOLOT0URE
    7030 posts Big Money Move
    This thread should be named AFTV imo. Difference is at least they go to games
  • Hicksy2011
    13421 posts Has That Special Something
    holdenwait wrote: »
    Only got around to watching first MOTD last night, Ndombele looks like a great buy for Spurs indeed. Even in a short highlights video lots of great passes, flicks and overall pace and presence. Nice goal to boot.

Yup ideal prem player from the looks of it
    Everything he does is direct, perfect for this league rather than Spain or Italy
  • Thefranchise92
    United won't get near top four imo. Same issues as they have had for years will present themselves again, inability to dominate possession and create chances. I don't think they're a particularly great counter attacking side either, as shown in the first half against Chelsea, but they got the opening goal which helped them massively. If they can ride their luck and consistently score set pieces/rely on bits of magic to open the scoring, they might have a chance as they have three very good defenders and Lump Shaw.

Well its a 3 way fight for the 4th spot. Doesn't matter about our deficiencies because chelsea clearly have more and arsenal still dont have the best defence. Your talking as if we havent had a full pre season now to get fit fir the press and stuf.. if it was only 3 spaces id agree but 4 and looking at the other teams its very difficult to say after just 1 game who will get 4th or not. Pointless even
  • Thefranchise92
    Surfy wrote: »

Yeah that is a worry tbf but you could say that about any top team and chelsea dont even have a senior striker they realky trust to score goals for them. Thats where arsenal may pip us to fourth.. but again they dont really have backups to their duo
  • TakeItSlow
    7825 posts League Winner
    Death, taxes @YOLOT0URE coming in every few weeks without reading all posts and saying “this should be the Arsenal thread”

Ffs :joy:
  • Davisto
    6355 posts Big Money Move
    Perisic to Bayern on loan
  • Alemas_2012
    15808 posts World Class
    When you're linked all summer with Sane but end up with Perisic.
    Bayern fans are not enthusiastic.
  • TakeItSlow
    7825 posts League Winner

I mean Sane is out for 7 months so doubt they’d be enthusiastic about taking him either.
  • Alemas_2012
    15808 posts World Class
    edited August 13

I mean Sane is out for 7 months so doubt they’d be enthusiastic about taking him either.

The point is they could have bought him well before the Community Shield final where he got injured.
    Instead they dragged it on and on until it was too late. That's the main criticism, it became unclear whether they actually wanted him or not, nothing was done, and bad luck put the nail in the coffin for the transfer.
    Perisic will be more of a backup option to Gnabry or Coman instead of a starting XI candidate like Sane would have been.
  • Ashy
    9969 posts Has That Special Something
    Bayern couldn't bully City like they can with the Bundesliga clubs. City had no reason to sell unless an offer of over £100m came in, for me I rate Sane as one of the best u23 players in the world and in this market he is worth between £125-150m