The Football thread: first TOTW hypeeee

Comments

  • BrentfordFC
    12475 posts Has That Special Something
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    @Tof33z why did Everton let Onyekuru go so easily? Work permit problems or what? Thought he would've been given a chance this season tbh.

    Permit problems is correct. Something to do with not played enough internationals
  • Antparry92
    18138 posts World Class
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    @Tof33z why did Everton let Onyekuru go so easily? Work permit problems or what? Thought he would've been given a chance this season tbh.

    Permit problems is correct. Something to do with not played enough internationals

    Correct. Because of Nigeria’s rank he’d have had to have played 70% (I think) of their international games over the last 2 years to be eligible for a permit
  • ccooaattssyy
    8567 posts League Winner
    Maguire is going to be a top top signing isn’t he and we will not be able to mock :#
  • TakeItSlow
    8046 posts League Winner
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

    Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.
  • Alemas_2012
    15881 posts World Class
    Maguire is going to be a top top signing isn’t he and we will not be able to mock :#

    Nah, we'll always be able to mock his looks, top signing or not.
  • ccooaattssyy
    8567 posts League Winner
    edited August 12
    Lozano to Napoli? Pls.

    Best starter leagues next FIFA- BPL/Serie A?
  • Gyan_33
    31548 posts National Team Captain
    Lozano has been awful for the majority of 2019
  • Thefranchise92
    3896 posts National Call-Up
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

    Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.

    Not if we play a low block
  • ccooaattssyy
    8567 posts League Winner
    Mrs Maguire is very tidy indeed.
  • Alex_cr
    5341 posts Big Money Move
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

    Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.

    Not if we play a low block

    Which is exactly what you did at the weekend. Pace is only good if you’ve got space to run into. Utd will be incredibly solid this season.
  • TakeItSlow
    8046 posts League Winner
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

    Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.

    Not if we play a low block

    Which is exactly what you did at the weekend. Pace is only good if you’ve got space to run into. Utd will be incredibly solid this season.

    He and Shaw got caught a few times. Better teams will punish.
  • Hicksy2011
    13490 posts Has That Special Something
    Tbf leaving Martial/Rashford upfield is going to stop a lot of RBs from having much influence on the game offensively
  • Tornado31619
    17904 posts World Class
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

    Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.

    And then Martial and Rashford would take advantage of Bellerin once again being out of position.
  • TakeItSlow
    8046 posts League Winner
    Hicksy2011 wrote: »
    Tbf leaving Martial/Rashford upfield is going to stop a lot of RBs from having much influence on the game offensively

    I disagree. They were constantly interchanging thus meaning neither were tracking back and helping Shaw out properly.

    It will be a weak link. You can get away with it on the other side because AWB is the 300 at the back.
  • ccooaattssyy
    8567 posts League Winner
    I enjoyed the fluidity between the 2
  • TakeItSlow
    8046 posts League Winner
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

    Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.

    And then Martial and Rashford would take advantage of Bellerin once again being out of position.

    No because the ball would be in the back of the net via Auba.
  • Alex_cr
    5341 posts Big Money Move
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

    Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.

    Not if we play a low block

    Which is exactly what you did at the weekend. Pace is only good if you’ve got space to run into. Utd will be incredibly solid this season.

    He and Shaw got caught a few times. Better teams will punish.

    Yeah I mean that just didn’t happen. Maguire was in control of the whole match.
  • Keano
    14285 posts Has That Special Something
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

    Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.

    And then Martial and Rashford would take advantage of Bellerin once again being out of position.

    No because the ball would be in the back of the net via Auba.

    You live in a different world to the rest of us, that's for sure.
  • Thefranchise92
    3896 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 12
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

    Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.

    And then Martial and Rashford would take advantage of Bellerin once again being out of position.

    No because the ball would be in the back of the net via Auba.

    But if we played arsenal we would probably play a slightly more defensive game. Chelsea dont have any weapons. And our defense is better than yours and our midfields is probably better but your attack demolishes ours but yeah. The truth will be revealed. I just think its naive to put gameplans down to one game against completely different opposition and also against someone like ole gunnar who seems to taper his team and tactics unlike pep or wenger
  • TakeItSlow
    8046 posts League Winner
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

    Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.

    And then Martial and Rashford would take advantage of Bellerin once again being out of position.

    No because the ball would be in the back of the net via Auba.

    But if we played arsenal we would probably play a slightly more defensive game. Chelsea dont have any weapons. And our defense is better than yours and our midfields is probably better but your attack demolishes ours but yeah. The truth will be revealed. I just think its naive to put gameplans down to one game against completely different opposition and also against someone like ole gunnar who seems to taper his team and tactics unlike pep or wenger

    Minus Pogba your midfield is pure trash. We have no mids better than Pogba but 4 mids better than the rest of yours.
  • Hicksy2011
    13490 posts Has That Special Something
    Tbh even Pogba is pretty trash at the moment
    Get some proper help in there for him and maybe he will actually bother and be world class again
  • Thefranchise92
    3896 posts National Call-Up
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

    Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.

    And then Martial and Rashford would take advantage of Bellerin once again being out of position.

    No because the ball would be in the back of the net via Auba.

    But if we played arsenal we would probably play a slightly more defensive game. Chelsea dont have any weapons. And our defense is better than yours and our midfields is probably better but your attack demolishes ours but yeah. The truth will be revealed. I just think its naive to put gameplans down to one game against completely different opposition and also against someone like ole gunnar who seems to taper his team and tactics unlike pep or wenger

    Minus Pogba your midfield is pure trash. We have no mids better than Pogba but 4 mids better than the rest of yours.

    So our mdifield is better than yours. You can only play 2/3 mids at one time unless your playing a diamond which i dont think you play. Whats arsenals best midfield now
    Torreira, ceballos and ozil/mkhi?

    Vs Pogba, Mctominay/Matic, Gomes/Pereira..

    Yes matic has slightly declined and so the other two are young. But ceballos is untested in this league and ozil and mkhi are finished at top level. Then its a straight shoot out between torreira and pogba ( who i hate btw)
  • Hicksy2011
    13490 posts Has That Special Something
    edited August 12
    Dear god
    You can say Ozil is finished at the top level if you want
    But youre actually suggesting he is on par with an 18 year old with single figures of senior appearances
  • TakeItSlow
    8046 posts League Winner
    edited August 12
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

    Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.

    And then Martial and Rashford would take advantage of Bellerin once again being out of position.

    No because the ball would be in the back of the net via Auba.

    But if we played arsenal we would probably play a slightly more defensive game. Chelsea dont have any weapons. And our defense is better than yours and our midfields is probably better but your attack demolishes ours but yeah. The truth will be revealed. I just think its naive to put gameplans down to one game against completely different opposition and also against someone like ole gunnar who seems to taper his team and tactics unlike pep or wenger

    Minus Pogba your midfield is pure trash. We have no mids better than Pogba but 4 mids better than the rest of yours.

    So our mdifield is better than yours. You can only play 2/3 mids at one time unless your playing a diamond which i dont think you play. Whats arsenals best midfield now
    Torreira, ceballos and ozil/mkhi?

    Vs Pogba, Mctominay/Matic, Gomes/Pereira..

    Yes matic has slightly declined and so the other two are young. But ceballos is untested in this league and ozil and mkhi are finished at top level. Then its a straight shoot out between torreira and pogba ( who i hate btw)

    Our main midfielder (sadly) is xhaka, Pogba easily better than him.

    After that Torreira, Guendouzi, Willock, Ceballos and Ozil are miles ahead of your midfield options. Not even counting Mikky because he’s trash.

    My joint united/Arsenal team would be -

    DDG

    AWB
    Sokratis
    Maguire
    Tierney

    Torreira/Guendouzi
    Pogba

    Pepe
    Ozil/Ceballos
    Auba

    Laca

    It’s sad Ozil’s going through this gang thing currently. He looked so sharp in pre season :(
  • Thefranchise92
    3896 posts National Call-Up
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

    Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.

    And then Martial and Rashford would take advantage of Bellerin once again being out of position.

    No because the ball would be in the back of the net via Auba.

    But if we played arsenal we would probably play a slightly more defensive game. Chelsea dont have any weapons. And our defense is better than yours and our midfields is probably better but your attack demolishes ours but yeah. The truth will be revealed. I just think its naive to put gameplans down to one game against completely different opposition and also against someone like ole gunnar who seems to taper his team and tactics unlike pep or wenger

    Minus Pogba your midfield is pure trash. We have no mids better than Pogba but 4 mids better than the rest of yours.

    So our mdifield is better than yours. You can only play 2/3 mids at one time unless your playing a diamond which i dont think you play. Whats arsenals best midfield now
    Torreira, ceballos and ozil/mkhi?

    Vs Pogba, Mctominay/Matic, Gomes/Pereira..

    Yes matic has slightly declined and so the other two are young. But ceballos is untested in this league and ozil and mkhi are finished at top level. Then its a straight shoot out between torreira and pogba ( who i hate btw)

    Our main midfielder (sadly) is xhaka, Pogba easily better than him.

    After that Torreira, Guendouzi, Willock, Ceballos and Ozil are miles ahead of your midfield options. Not even counting Mikky because he’s trash.

    Doesnt matter about squad options..just talking about starters. Likely starters are the ones listed. How many games has willock to be in there, ceballos too. He could be your fred.. dont know how you can say ceballos is better without him kicking a ball. Reputation in a different league maybe, premier league, no. Ozil is finished too, which is a shame cos hes one of my favourite players of this gen ( that game against Leicester last year was a masterpiece but seems to be the exception rather than the rule)
  • TakeItSlow
    8046 posts League Winner
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

    Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.

    And then Martial and Rashford would take advantage of Bellerin once again being out of position.

    No because the ball would be in the back of the net via Auba.

    But if we played arsenal we would probably play a slightly more defensive game. Chelsea dont have any weapons. And our defense is better than yours and our midfields is probably better but your attack demolishes ours but yeah. The truth will be revealed. I just think its naive to put gameplans down to one game against completely different opposition and also against someone like ole gunnar who seems to taper his team and tactics unlike pep or wenger

    Minus Pogba your midfield is pure trash. We have no mids better than Pogba but 4 mids better than the rest of yours.

    So our mdifield is better than yours. You can only play 2/3 mids at one time unless your playing a diamond which i dont think you play. Whats arsenals best midfield now
    Torreira, ceballos and ozil/mkhi?

    Vs Pogba, Mctominay/Matic, Gomes/Pereira..

    Yes matic has slightly declined and so the other two are young. But ceballos is untested in this league and ozil and mkhi are finished at top level. Then its a straight shoot out between torreira and pogba ( who i hate btw)

    Our main midfielder (sadly) is xhaka, Pogba easily better than him.

    After that Torreira, Guendouzi, Willock, Ceballos and Ozil are miles ahead of your midfield options. Not even counting Mikky because he’s trash.

    Doesnt matter about squad options..just talking about starters. Likely starters are the ones listed. How many games has willock to be in there, ceballos too. He could be your fred.. dont know how you can say ceballos is better without him kicking a ball. Reputation in a different league maybe, premier league, no. Ozil is finished too, which is a shame cos hes one of my favourite players of this gen ( that game against Leicester last year was a masterpiece but seems to be the exception rather than the rule)

    I mean even you surely can’t deny that in a midfield 3 you’d rather have two of Torreira, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Willock, Ceballos or Ozil ahead of McMarmite, Lingard, Pereira, Fred, Velma and Daphne.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3124 posts National Call-Up
    Man Utd's midfield is the worst in the top six, comfortably too. Pogba is like if Neymar played central midfielder.
  • arsenalap
    6112 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 12
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

    Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.

    And then Martial and Rashford would take advantage of Bellerin once again being out of position.

    No because the ball would be in the back of the net via Auba.

    But if we played arsenal we would probably play a slightly more defensive game. Chelsea dont have any weapons. And our defense is better than yours and our midfields is probably better but your attack demolishes ours but yeah. The truth will be revealed. I just think its naive to put gameplans down to one game against completely different opposition and also against someone like ole gunnar who seems to taper his team and tactics unlike pep or wenger

    Minus Pogba your midfield is pure trash. We have no mids better than Pogba but 4 mids better than the rest of yours.

    So our mdifield is better than yours. You can only play 2/3 mids at one time unless your playing a diamond which i dont think you play. Whats arsenals best midfield now
    Torreira, ceballos and ozil/mkhi?

    Vs Pogba, Mctominay/Matic, Gomes/Pereira..

    Yes matic has slightly declined and so the other two are young. But ceballos is untested in this league and ozil and mkhi are finished at top level. Then its a straight shoot out between torreira and pogba ( who i hate btw)

    Our main midfielder (sadly) is xhaka, Pogba easily better than him.

    After that Torreira, Guendouzi, Willock, Ceballos and Ozil are miles ahead of your midfield options. Not even counting Mikky because he’s trash.

    Doesnt matter about squad options..just talking about starters. Likely starters are the ones listed. How many games has willock to be in there, ceballos too. He could be your fred.. dont know how you can say ceballos is better without him kicking a ball. Reputation in a different league maybe, premier league, no. Ozil is finished too, which is a shame cos hes one of my favourite players of this gen ( that game against Leicester last year was a masterpiece but seems to be the exception rather than the rule)

    Ozil isn't finished. Find that argument a ridiculous one by people who dont watch him.

    Sanchez and Miki are finished, Matic too for that sake, but Ozil has something to give at a high level.

    Also find it ridiculous how people say.. oh they haven't played in the prem before so they must not have ever played football before.

    Fred came from the Ukrainian league ffs. Cebellos has come from Real Madrid off the back of two u21 team of the tournaments back to back and a very good season before the Madrid move. The madrid move was a mistake, but anyone can see hes a good player.

    In fact your whole post was ridiculous tbh mate. United dont have a better midfield than us, Pogba doesn't make your midfield better than ours alone..
  • Thefranchise92
    3896 posts National Call-Up
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

    Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.

    And then Martial and Rashford would take advantage of Bellerin once again being out of position.

    No because the ball would be in the back of the net via Auba.

    But if we played arsenal we would probably play a slightly more defensive game. Chelsea dont have any weapons. And our defense is better than yours and our midfields is probably better but your attack demolishes ours but yeah. The truth will be revealed. I just think its naive to put gameplans down to one game against completely different opposition and also against someone like ole gunnar who seems to taper his team and tactics unlike pep or wenger

    Minus Pogba your midfield is pure trash. We have no mids better than Pogba but 4 mids better than the rest of yours.

    So our mdifield is better than yours. You can only play 2/3 mids at one time unless your playing a diamond which i dont think you play. Whats arsenals best midfield now
    Torreira, ceballos and ozil/mkhi?

    Vs Pogba, Mctominay/Matic, Gomes/Pereira..

    Yes matic has slightly declined and so the other two are young. But ceballos is untested in this league and ozil and mkhi are finished at top level. Then its a straight shoot out between torreira and pogba ( who i hate btw)

    Our main midfielder (sadly) is xhaka, Pogba easily better than him.

    After that Torreira, Guendouzi, Willock, Ceballos and Ozil are miles ahead of your midfield options. Not even counting Mikky because he’s trash.

    Doesnt matter about squad options..just talking about starters. Likely starters are the ones listed. How many games has willock to be in there, ceballos too. He could be your fred.. dont know how you can say ceballos is better without him kicking a ball. Reputation in a different league maybe, premier league, no. Ozil is finished too, which is a shame cos hes one of my favourite players of this gen ( that game against Leicester last year was a masterpiece but seems to be the exception rather than the rule)

    I mean even you surely can’t deny that in a midfield 3 you’d rather have two of Torreira, Guendouzi, Xhaka, Willock, Ceballos or Ozil ahead of McMarmite, Lingard, Pereira, Fred, Velma and Daphne.

    Mctominay is actually decent and so is pereira and lingard. Fred i agree and dont get the others
  • Thefranchise92
    3896 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 12
    arsenalap wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    TakeItSlow wrote: »
    Dominant in the air, good with the ball at his feet, but get pace in and around him and he’ll be very average. That will be the downfall. Having him and shaw on that left side with a pacey wide man and full back running at them will be good stuff.

    Bellerin and Pepe would rip them to pieces.

    And then Martial and Rashford would take advantage of Bellerin once again being out of position.

    No because the ball would be in the back of the net via Auba.

    But if we played arsenal we would probably play a slightly more defensive game. Chelsea dont have any weapons. And our defense is better than yours and our midfields is probably better but your attack demolishes ours but yeah. The truth will be revealed. I just think its naive to put gameplans down to one game against completely different opposition and also against someone like ole gunnar who seems to taper his team and tactics unlike pep or wenger

    Minus Pogba your midfield is pure trash. We have no mids better than Pogba but 4 mids better than the rest of yours.

    So our mdifield is better than yours. You can only play 2/3 mids at one time unless your playing a diamond which i dont think you play. Whats arsenals best midfield now
    Torreira, ceballos and ozil/mkhi?

    Vs Pogba, Mctominay/Matic, Gomes/Pereira..

    Yes matic has slightly declined and so the other two are young. But ceballos is untested in this league and ozil and mkhi are finished at top level. Then its a straight shoot out between torreira and pogba ( who i hate btw)

    Our main midfielder (sadly) is xhaka, Pogba easily better than him.

    After that Torreira, Guendouzi, Willock, Ceballos and Ozil are miles ahead of your midfield options. Not even counting Mikky because he’s trash.

    Doesnt matter about squad options..just talking about starters. Likely starters are the ones listed. How many games has willock to be in there, ceballos too. He could be your fred.. dont know how you can say ceballos is better without him kicking a ball. Reputation in a different league maybe, premier league, no. Ozil is finished too, which is a shame cos hes one of my favourite players of this gen ( that game against Leicester last year was a masterpiece but seems to be the exception rather than the rule)

    Ozil isn't finished. Find that argument a ridiculous one by people who dont watch him.

    Sanchez and Miki are finished, Matic too for that sake, but Ozil has something to give at a high level.

    Also find it ridiculous how people say.. oh they haven't played in the prem before so they must not have ever played football before.

    Fred came from the Ukrainian league ffs. Cebellos has come from Real Madrid off the back of two u21 team of the tournaments back to back and a very good season before the Madrid move. The madrid move was a mistake, but anyone can see hes a good player.

    In fact your whole post was ridiculous tbh mate. United dont have a better midfield than us, Pogba doesn't make your midfield better than ours alone..

    If ozil isnt finished then Emery seems to not want him anyway. So hes finished at arsenal. It doesnt matter where a player came from this is a different league. Diego forlan was **** at united then left to spain and became one of the best strikers of his generation. Mkhi was a monster at dortmund and has been a puppy in the prem. Different leagues different demands, nothing is certain in football.

    My post has nothing to di with the prem being some kind of haven for football far from it. That footballers are humans and climate, surroundings, how well they get on with new friends and there family settling ( di maria getting burgled) adapting to the language, how comfortable they feel, how well they adapt to that leagues general rigours are genuine things to consider.
Sign In or Register to comment.