Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

The Football thread: Festive feast + transfer window open

Comments

• LFC Simon 98
    14746 posts World Class
    Kai9623 wrote: »
    Nearly forget we had Filipe Luis at LB a couple years back and wasn't even playing him, got sold eventually. How I wish we still had him... Despite his age, he's would have solved so many problems lol

Throwback to this time last year when I said Robertson was better than Alonso and got laughed at by just about everyone
  • Kai9623
    6661 posts Big Money Move
    Nearly forget we had Filipe Luis at LB a couple years back and wasn't even playing him, got sold eventually. How I wish we still had him... Despite his age, he's would have solved so many problems lol

Throwback to this time last year when I said Robertson was better than Alonso and got laughed at by just about everyone

Tbf this time last year Robertson was already playing really well, and Alonso's decline had already started
  • LFC Simon 98
    14746 posts World Class

Tbf this time last year Robertson was already playing really well, and Alonso's decline had already started

That was my point back then but everyone refused to accept it.
  • Keano
    7935 posts League Winner

That was my point back then but everyone refused to accept it.

Why you've remembered that to mention it now is beyond me.

but congratulations on calling it correct a year ago, I'll send your gold star in the post.
  • Sercs
    17864 posts World Class
    edited January 12

Robertson clearly had bags of potential and Alonso was still in a 3atb so it was early days but could see it happening especially if Chelsea switched to a 4 atb

Think everybody knew he isn’t good enough to play LB in a 4atb, nowhere near as effective as 3atb

Robertson has really shifted it up a gear this season, best in the PL at the moment. Mendy is also incredibly great on his day but not anywhere close to as consistent
  • ccooaattssyy
    2528 posts Fans' Favourite
    Neither is as good as most consistent Monreal
  • Tornado31619
    12465 posts Has That Special Something
    Alonso’s brilliant as a LWB.
  • SimmoEFC
    11447 posts Has That Special Something
    Digne has been brilliant for us. Surprised me as I thought he'd be another Moreno.
  • Milner
    1679 posts Play-Off Hero
    SimmoEFC wrote: »
    Digne has been brilliant for us. Surprised me as I thought he'd be another Moreno.

He's like a young Leighton Baines. Even looks about Mousey!
  • Antparry92
    15705 posts World Class
    Milner wrote: »

He's like a young Leighton Baines.

Knew there was a reason I liked you
  • Milner
    1679 posts Play-Off Hero
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Scored a banger of a freekick and looks like a mouse. What more could you want?
  • LFC Simon 98
    14746 posts World Class

And they were both Liverpool fans as kids. Can’t forget that
  • Jensonj67
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Nasri starting
  • Antparry92
    15705 posts World Class

All he needs now is a ketwig and start listening to Miles Kane and that
  • DaveSaves
    19957 posts Club Captain
    This game is awful.
  • Tof33z
    3363 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah it's not great. Iwobi looks like he's improving a lot though
  • LFC Simon 98
    14746 posts World Class
    Tof33z wrote: »
    Yeah it's not great. Iwobi looks like he's improving a lot though

Wouldn’t be hard tbf
  • Tof33z
    Finish that is.
  • ccooaattssyy
    2528 posts Fans' Favourite
    Deary me.
  • holdenwait
    49320 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Surely the best striker in the league will save Arsenal once again! :D

• Arsenalfan97
    6703 posts Big Money Move
    A team with a mid table team budget losing to a mid table team. Nothing to see here
  • Maverick
    3612 posts National Call-Up
    A team with a mid table team budget losing to a mid table team. Nothing to see here

Lol
  • holdenwait
    what a career upgrade Ramsey's about to have
  • Dan is Clutch
    21598 posts Club Captain
    Pretty comfortable win in the end.
  • holdenwait
    edited January 12
    tbh credit to pellegrini and west ham, credit for sticking with him after a bad start. they're certainly on the way up

totally forgot this was a thing only a few months ago :D
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • Tof33z
    Pretty comfortable win in the end.

Yep. Nice result wp
  • Choepiechakie
    28481 posts Player of the Year
    Nasri the goat
  • Dan is Clutch
    21598 posts Club Captain
    holdenwait wrote: »
    tbh credit to pellegrini and west ham, credit for sticking with him after a bad start. they're certainly on the way up

totally forgot this was a thing only a few months ago :D
    maxresdefault.jpg

Never doubted Pellegrini at all. Had the full backing from day 1, everyone knew he'd get it right eventually. We now play some good football under him and that's all i ever want to see. :)
  • DaveSaves
    19957 posts Club Captain
    Do you think Arnie is going to stay?