The Football thread: first TOTW hypeeee

Comments

• Edu
    6576 posts Big Money Move
    Orison wrote: »
    2014 germany-brazil absolutely iconic game.

Everybody was in utter disbelief.

Not funny remember that
  • EddieFicio
    21453 posts Club Captain
    Edu wrote: »
    Orison wrote: »
    2014 germany-brazil absolutely iconic game.

Everybody was in utter disbelief.

Not funny remember that

Very funny actually
  • Choepiechakie
    31445 posts National Team Captain
    7-1 never forget
  • Tof33z
    6477 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 12
    "most embarassing semi since Brokeback Mountain"

Possibly the best Internet comment ever
  • Crossland
    7605 posts League Winner
    Rambo "Last Blood" looks sick ;)
  • CeeQue
    10823 posts Has That Special Something
    Tof33z wrote: »
    "most embarassing semi since Brokeback Mountain"

Possibly the best Internet comment ever

e5fa9ed48c53b3c2965ce52a63b05b8e.png?t=1555852376
  • RealM
    5317 posts Big Money Move
    PSA: Premier Sports will be broadcasting La Liga now every week. They have a deal for 3 years. UK law is still in-place regarding no football on Saturday from 2:45 -> 5:15 but every game I think will be shown.

January 2020 a La Liga tv thing will come which will just be La Liga games only for a price of £6.99 p/month I think it said.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3031 posts National Call-Up
    RealM wrote: »
    PSA: Premier Sports will be broadcasting La Liga now every week. They have a deal for 3 years. UK law is still in-place regarding no football on Saturday from 2:45 -> 5:15 but every game I think will be shown.

January 2020 a La Liga tv thing will come which will just be La Liga games only for a price of £6.99 p/month I think it said.

Aye, I saw that. Looks good. I watch the La Liga highlight shows on ITV and it always winds me up that they show the score of the game at the start of the match. Hopefully whoever is in charge of that fixes it.
  • Crossland
    7605 posts League Winner
    edited September 12

Sky is getting a joke now,you pay for all SSP channels then BT Sport decide to nick 70% of the games so you buy BT Sport aswell and now there's going to be a La Liga Channel to buy aswell ! Bills already £100 odd per month,the Mrs gonna be mad with me ! 🙈
  • Azof
    16437 posts World Class

Didnt actually know that was a law
  • Alex_cr
    4864 posts Big Money Move
    Crossland wrote: »

Sky is getting a joke now,you pay for all SSP channels then BT Sport decide to nick 70% of the games so you buy BT Sport aswell and now there's going to be a La Liga Channel to buy aswell ! Bills already £100 odd per month,the Mrs gonna be mad with me ! 🙈

I’m thinking of dropping bt and getting this. Their coverage is painfully bad and it’s become quite expensive
  • MarkFromNorwich
    3031 posts National Call-Up
    Alex_cr wrote: »

I’m thinking of dropping bt and getting this. Their coverage is painfully bad and it’s become quite expensive

BT is expensive but with the CL, EL, UFC, Bundesliga & to a lesser extent, Ligue 1. It's probably still worth it for me.
  • Crossland
    7605 posts League Winner

Yea I'm thinking of binning BT Sport off it was preety good to begin with but has slowly got worse and worse and more expensive !
    It does have a lot of good boxing fights on it though which is my second sport so it's a tough one!
  • RealM
    Azof wrote: »

Didnt actually know that was a law

Think it's more of an FA rule or something. Called the 3pm Blackout.
  • Alex_cr

Yea I'm thinking of binning BT Sport off it was preety good to begin with but has slowly got worse and worse and more expensive !
    It does have a lot of good boxing fights on it though which is my second sport so it's a tough one!

Yeah, big boxing fan too but so much is PPV now it does my head in!

I just can’t warrant the amount of money I’m having to spend and i just think I’d get more out of it.
  • Alex_cr

BT is expensive but with the CL, EL, UFC, Bundesliga & to a lesser extent, Ligue 1. It's probably still worth it for me.

Yeah and that’s the big pull. But I now work till 8 so miss 1st half anyway. I realise that’s a personal thing though!
  • Crossland
    7605 posts League Winner

I just can’t warrant the amount of money I’m having to spend and i just think I’d get more out of it.

Yea Boxings a nightmare with PPV,you watch any of the YouTube fights ?
  • Alex_cr

No. I’ve sort of deliberately stepped away from the sport as a whole. It’s got so greedy. The rubbish you’re asked to spend 20 notes extra is a really off putting
  • Crossland
    7605 posts League Winner

No. I’ve sort of deliberately stepped away from the sport as a whole. It’s got so greedy. The rubbish you’re asked to spend 20 notes extra is a really off putting

Yea very true tbh,my son bought the last Logan/KSI fight so I watched that for the bants 😂
    Crazy when I was growing up all the boxing used to be on ITV for free and later to Channel 5 Free now it's just money money !
  • Alex_cr

Yea very true tbh,my son bought the last Logan/KSI fight so I watched that for the bants 😂
    Crazy when I was growing up all the boxing used to be on ITV for free and later to Channel 5 Free now it's just money money !

It got to a point where I thought it was perfect. Big fights on Sky most weeks with the odd massive fight on PPV. I was more than happy with it. Then you start getting non title fights headlining a PPV - I just can’t get on board with that.

What really did it for me though was when Hearn and Warren both out PPV’s on the same night. How’s that helping grow the sport? Since then I’ll watch the odd fight on Sky and I payed for Fury Wilder but that’s about it.
  • CeeQue
    10823 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 12
    Kodi. rejoice.png
  • ColeWorld
    9913 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't remember a single minute of the Wc final 2014 because we were drinking since afternoon and celebrated like crazy after the Götze goal

DER KOMMT AN, MACH IHN, MACH IHN ER MACHT IHN MARIOOOOOOOO GÖÖÖTZEEEEEE DAS IST JA WAHNSINN

But the best moment ever was the moment Klose became the best goalscorer in WC history. I get goosebumps every time I see the 2:0 against Brazil. My favorite German player of all time and also my first jersey when I was a kid
  • holdenwait
    55476 posts National Treasure
    Roma.jpeg?auto=format&fit=max&w=1500

yes.. but qatar airways stopped me from buying the otherwise gorgeous shirt :'(
  • Alemas_2012
    15230 posts World Class
    Isn't there some way of buying a sponsorless version?
  • Carswell
    8206 posts League Winner
    holdenwait wrote: »
    Roma.jpeg?auto=format&fit=max&w=1500

yes.. but qatar airways stopped me from buying the otherwise gorgeous shirt :'(

They do have consistently🔥 kits tbf
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20478 posts Club Captain
    EddieFicio wrote: »

I remember playing my mate in college, who thought he was nice at fifa, in a North London derby. Haven't really talked to him much after Adebayor netted four on him and graduating but I do play fifa regularly with his mum.
  • jenksiee123
    21267 posts Club Captain
    EddieFicio wrote: »

I remember playing my mate in college, who thought he was nice at fifa, in a North London derby. Haven't really talked to him much after Adebayor netted four on him and graduating but I do play fifa regularly with his mum.

In an apartment solely for her?
  • RealM
    Valverde has returned to Madrid with a muscle injury. :D
  • Alemas_2012
    15230 posts World Class
    Valverde has returned to Madrid with a muscle injury. :D

Juve players in the past couple of seasons were massively injury-prone, but this is beyond ridiculous. :joy: