The Football thread: AND IT'S LIVEEE

Comments

• Tornado31619
    15739 posts World Class
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Dont Chelsea have Batshuayi still? Hes deffo better than Abraham

Yea. This is the third Chelsea manager that has decided that Batshuayi is our worst striker and/or not needed.

Interesting. I wonder how he would have fared at BVB if they had signed him over Alcacer.
  • Summer69
    1295 posts Professional
    salah doesn't do it in the big games either, tammy is no different so far
  • Gyan_33
    28301 posts Player of the Year
    Josef Martinez missed one of his stupid jump penalties again smh
  • Scutch
    10272 posts Has That Special Something
    Oh Fifa.

• Tornado31619
    15739 posts World Class
    Scutch wrote: »
    Oh Fifa.

Chelsea defending
  • CeeQue
    10601 posts Has That Special Something
    Scutch wrote: »
    Oh Fifa.

Fergie sign him up !
  • finsfan85
    11910 posts Has That Special Something
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    Josef Martinez missed one of his stupid jump penalties again smh

There is only one Jorginho.
  • UM4R
    3816 posts Moderator
    First time checking out the United thread in RF, and people in there genuinely getting excited at the thought of Mctominay being captain/vice captain.

Think i'll stick to this thread :lol:
  • ccooaattssyy
    6433 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 15
    The off topic forums such as real football are pointlessly enforced as dumping grounds for otherwise valuable topics by the unenlightened delinquents who follow the rule of EA as though it were rule of law.
  • Antparry92
    17377 posts World Class
    Couchy wrote: »
    UM4R wrote: »
    First time checking out the United thread in RF, and people in there genuinely getting excited at the thought of Mctominay being captain/vice captain.

Yeah imagine United fans getting excited about a player who’s been at the club since the age of 5, worked his way through the ranks, got himself a starting role and actually shown some leadership qualities perhaps becoming a captain or vice captain in the future.
    Yet who’s lucky to get in the starting 11.

I’ll tell you what, we shouldn’t have loaned Jonjo Kenny out and made him captain instead
  • Couchy
    9291 posts League Winner
    Antparry92 wrote: »

Yeah imagine United fans getting excited about a player who’s been at the club since the age of 5, worked his way through the ranks, got himself a starting role and actually shown some leadership qualities perhaps becoming a captain or vice captain in the future.

I’ll tell you what, we shouldn’t have loaned Jonjo Kenny out and made him captain instead

The kid has come on leaps and bounds the last 12 months, you’ll see this year. Nothing wrong with these stats.

• CeeQue
    10601 posts Has That Special Something

The kid has come on leaps and bounds the last 12 months, you’ll see this year. Nothing wrong with these stats.

He'll be another Federico Macheda calm down.
  • UM4R
    3816 posts Moderator

:D :D The fact he has a starting role says more about the lack of our midfield options than his actual ability, good squad player sure but if we want to get back to winning titles and challenging in Europe we will need an upgrade on him. Would love to be proven wrong as love seeing youngsters come through, but they still have to be good.

Even if we don't sign a new midfielder it won't be long before Garner takes his place, if he hopefully continues to develop as he is and avoids any major injury
  • Gyan_33
    Stats like those honestly don't mean **** to me
  • Crossland
    7116 posts Big Money Move

Agreed with you I think he's a fantastic talent and will be a huge player in getting Utd back up to the top in years to come,the problem is nowadays people just want a 60+ player bought in from Europe and ignore homegrown talent
  • ccooaattssyy
    6433 posts Big Money Move
    Mctominay is just a bang average footballer who runs about a lot on a leash. Think Danny Drinkwater.
  • Crossland
    7116 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 15
    Mctominay is just a bang average footballer who runs about a lot on a leash. Think Danny Drinkwater.

Danny was a fantastic player at Leicester City it's only when Chelsea bought him and ruined his career it finished him
  • MarkFromNorwich
    2450 posts Fans' Favourite
    :D

I love it when people use any old stat to try and prove someone is good.
  • finsfan85
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    Stats like those honestly don't mean **** to me

Especially when the stats come from a United fan’s twitter account. Of course the account will only post the stats that fit his narrative.
  • Keano
    12230 posts Has That Special Something

If that's how you feel mate, then i'm sure we'd rather you stay in here as well.
  • EddieFicio
    20983 posts Club Captain
    He'd be lucky to become the next Scott Parker
  • finsfan85
    Embarrassing that some United fans call him McSauce :joy:
  • MarkFromNorwich
    2450 posts Fans' Favourite

He's basically a symptom of Man Utd's mediocrity. Players like him & Jesse Lingard are players that would never be good enough in any other era, but will be major parts of a currently very average team. A lot of fans will be okay with this because they have 'passion' and 'know the club', but Man Utd will never get back to where they should be if those guys are still around.
  • Keano

Not saying he's elite level overall, but a lot of captains arn't the best player in their team... a lot of captains are either; work hard even if their ability isn't at the level of others in the squad/team, or have been through the youth, know the club inside out & will fight for it because of that.

I don't think it's fair to laugh at the whole captaincy of it all, considering Ashley Young is our current captain & is a back up fullback at this stage. giving it to a youngster who seems to say & do all the right things in terms of the club when we've had so many come in just for the pay check & not care.

To laugh it off when his attitude (i'm not on about his ability, due to ashley young being club captain this season now), is actually great. Imagine commenting about one of your teams players laughing about him being suggested as vice captain (to inexperienced for captain atm), etc without giving any reasons why.

To each their own, but i'll happily sit in the RF United thread & discuss it with them in there even if we disagree as they give their reasons alongside their point.

(not directly at you @EddieFicio but the first bit was in response to you).
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2514 posts Fans' Favourite
    He wouldnt even start at Willem 2
  • Keano
    edited August 15

Starts for Manchester United mate, so he wouldn't need to start for Wllem II :D :D but good try.

He's basically a symptom of Man Utd's mediocrity. Players like him & Jesse Lingard are players that would never be good enough in any other era, but will be major parts of a currently very average team. A lot of fans will be okay with this because they have 'passion' and 'know the club', but Man Utd will never get back to where they should be if those guys are still around.

If some of those guys are still around, for sure we won't improve as a squad can only have so many players, but getting rid of all of them would be stupid. You don't end up with a team full of superstars & it always working out, you need a few that're less quality & more passion/grit from time to time & he's one of them, Am I saying he should be a started for United for the rest of his career? No. Am I saying his attitude/mentality from what we've all seen is what we expect from United players & potential captains/vice captains? Yes. As I said, i'm talking about this on the basis that a back up fullback (young) is our captain this season, so not getting game time doesn't matter as Solskjaer has shown he's happy to give it to back up players already.
  • Crazy Creaky Jr
    2514 posts Fans' Favourite
    Keano wrote: »

Starts for Manchester United mate, so he wouldn't need to start for Wllem II :D :D but good try.

Well this shows the state of united
  • Keano
    Keano wrote: »

Well this shows the state of united

Read my edit above :)
  • Gyan_33
    finsfan85 wrote: »
    Embarrassing that some United fans call him McSauce :joy:

Oh wow that's awful