The Football thread: AND IT'S LIVEEE

Comments

• GL
    6329 posts Big Money Move
    Defo off the line 😂 RIP Tammy
  • Maverick
    4750 posts National Call-Up
    I had full confidence the entire time (but not at all rly)
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    31348 posts National Team Captain
    arsenalap wrote: »
    I think if the ref was male, they would have been much more critical about that pen.

I feel they've definently toned down any criticisms of the refs tonight.

I'm all for equality but that means equally accountable too.

Do they have no system for the ref to review that pen?

Honestly, she wasn’t wrong to give the penalty especially with VAR. At that point the correct decision should be ironed out via VAR.
  • Sercs
    18581 posts World Class
    Never doubted Adrian for a second... 😍
  • Gyan_33
    28244 posts Player of the Year
    Happy that Mount gets a chance in the first team this season. Loved him in the Eredivisie.
  • ccooaattssyy
    6402 posts Big Money Move
    Mount looks like he will be the real deal. Tammy Abraham is a Danny Welbeck regen
  • MarkFromNorwich
    2444 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mount looks like he will be the real deal. Tammy Abraham is a Danny Welbeck regen

He's not even that good tbh.
  • Sercs
    18581 posts World Class

Yeah I thought Tammy would be better just from the amount of goals he has. Looks like Pukki is a much better striker from limited time I’ve seen both 😂
  • Thefranchise92
    3349 posts National Call-Up
    Chelsea > Man Utd

I'd be really excited for the upcoming season if I was a Chelsea fan. Playing some really good football, actually have a really good midfield - Kovacic looks much improved. Defence is a bit shoddy but maybe with James and Rudiger coming back there's some hope. Real issue is goals - the front three/four will all have to get 10/15 goals each. We know Giroud can do that, not sure if the others can. I really like Pulisic though, he's like a Hazard-lite.

Did Manchester United cause you some trauma when you were young?

Yeah i dont get what he has against united. Im waiting for him to say Sheffield united > united
  • Pugzilla
    15565 posts World Class
    Some of those Chelsea pens were fing missiles. That was the team tonight I thought would get 4th not whatever slop last weekend. Kante makes so much difference. Totally a class above everyone in the midfields, although I do think Fabinho played very well for us.
  • Gyan_33
    1 bad game (not even a full one as he was a sub) and Abraham suddenly is Welbeck. Give him a chance ffs.
  • Pietu
    1382 posts Professional
    Sercs wrote: »

Yeah I thought Tammy would be better just from the amount of goals he has. Looks like Pukki is a much better striker from limited time I’ve seen both 😂

Pukki IS the better striker!
  • Sercs
    18581 posts World Class
    Pietu wrote: »

His movement on the weekend was class against Liverpool - he has goals in him I can defo see it
  • Pietu
    1382 posts Professional

His movement on the weekend was class against Liverpool - he has goals in him I can defo see it

He is a great finisher aswell, clinical
  • Gyan_33
    I also like the fact Tammy Abraham has a brother called Timmy.
  • ORANGEeffect05
    19886 posts World Class
    Gyan_33 wrote: »
    1 bad game (not even a full one as he was a sub) and Abraham suddenly is Welbeck. Give him a chance ffs.

Welcome to 2019
  • Sercs
    18581 posts World Class

He is a great finisher aswell, clinical

Yeah took his chance against Liverpool well.
  • Thefranchise92
    Gyan_33 wrote: »

Na hes rubbish hes done. May aswell retire now.
  • MarkFromNorwich
    Chelsea > Man Utd

I'd be really excited for the upcoming season if I was a Chelsea fan. Playing some really good football, actually have a really good midfield - Kovacic looks much improved. Defence is a bit shoddy but maybe with James and Rudiger coming back there's some hope. Real issue is goals - the front three/four will all have to get 10/15 goals each. We know Giroud can do that, not sure if the others can. I really like Pulisic though, he's like a Hazard-lite.

Yeah i dont get what he has against united. Im waiting for him to say Sheffield united > united

They annoy me because I want them to be good.
  • Couchy
    9261 posts League Winner
    Joe Cole is tough to listen to
  • GL
    6329 posts Big Money Move
    My mate got 4x Euro group stage tickets in Glasgow next June 👀👀
  • Thefranchise92
    Chelsea > Man Utd

So believe they will and give them the benefit of the doubt. We have a lot of deficiences but atleast were playing to our strengths
  • MarkFromNorwich
    Chelsea > Man Utd

So believe they will and give them the benefit of the doubt. We have a lot of deficiences but atleast were playing to our strengths

But I don't believe in them? One lucky result does not change the last 6 months.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Chelsea > Man Utd

But I don't believe in them? One lucky result does not change the last 6 months.

Lol
  • Tornado31619
    15713 posts World Class
    :D

Tammy Abraham really is a donkey, isn't he? Championship level at best.

Maybe because that’s the only experience he had before being thrown into Chelsea’s XI?
  • MarkFromNorwich
    Chelsea > Man Utd

Lol

You can 'lol' all you want, but in 9 months time when you're 6th, it won't be so funny.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    edited August 14
    Chelsea > Man Utd

Lol

You can 'lol' all you want, but in 9 months time when you're 6th, it won't be so funny.

I’ll be fine. As I said, I don’t expect any miracles or anything this season :wink: obviously I’d prefer top 4 and I think 3-6th will be competitive, I’ve got patience given our current midfield options, and ultimately attackers as I don’t feel Martial or Rashford are our best ST options. Both belong on the wing with Greenwood at ST, but it is what it is.

I’ve seen nothing from OGS that’s got me wanting him replaced.
  • EddieFicio
    20974 posts Club Captain
    Dont Chelsea have Batshuayi still? Hes deffo better than Abraham
  • finsfan85
    11887 posts Has That Special Something
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Dont Chelsea have Batshuayi still? Hes deffo better than Abraham

Yea. This is the third Chelsea manager that has decided that Batshuayi is our worst striker and/or not needed.
  • Shshj
    3813 posts National Call-Up
    Quite impressed with what I've seen from us so far this season, barring the second-half disaster at Old Trafford. Hopefully we can build upon these two games, a win against Leicester on Sunday would be vital for our confidence.

The Tammy criticism is silly and exactly the kind of thing we need to avoid this season. Everyone will get their chance to impress, writing players off after two games vs United and Liverpool is very silly.