The Semi-g00d FIFA Addict Experience

Comments

• PelzyWelzy
    9191 posts League Winner
    Lost more squad battle games in the last three than I used to in a month :joy:
  • Absting159
    6657 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    @PelzyWelzy my record is horrible. I’m like 2-3-7 across all...I keep playing legendary because I’m stubborn when I do SB.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9191 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    Absting159 wrote: »
    @PelzyWelzy my record is horrible. I’m like 2-3-7 across all...I keep playing legendary because I’m stubborn when I do SB.

@Absting159

Yeah, same here mate. Am struggling! Can't bring myself to drop down to world class (even contemplating semi-pro at this point :joy:) but honestly think it's necessary at this point.

Can barely get out my own half for long stretches... it's making me think there's something up with my control :smirk:

Not a fun experience!
  • Ning
    948 posts Semi-Pro
    How do you do that trick to get loyalty onto your players quickly again?
  • Ning wrote: »

Not sure it’s a trick more so than just entering a game and quitting after kickoff. @Ning

• Ning
    948 posts Semi-Pro
    Ning wrote: »

Not sure it’s a trick more so than just entering a game and quitting after kickoff. @Ning

Cheers bud, just wanted to make sure you could still do it
  • My two intro teams. This will allow me to alternate and not use Fitness cards. Nownto focus on trading.

SAYJvKD.jpg
    0lSkSZo.jpg
  • Finesse_4days
    6549 posts Big Money Move
    Everyone else finding finishing 1 on 1s with a normal power shot stupidly hard ? I only seem to score finesses and chips when 1 v 1 , I really like the passing though as I like the slower more realistic feel opposed to driven pass ping pong football. I also feel being able to read the game is rewarded more with the tempo of the play being slower it's easier to defend passing through the middle but wing play is a lot better.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9191 posts League Winner
    Pulled Nain in the Hybrid League SBC packs earlier, along with Belotti/Scz, two personal favs from Fifas past, so think I’m going to go ahead and build a proper squad finally.

Also packed Kyle Walker, but will probs sell him in a week or two. Expecting him to rise nicely in price.

Milinkovic-Savic and Manolas are must haves I reckon.

Wanting a decent CAM/CF next... only got 20-30k or so. Anyone used a player in Serie A around that price range who stood out?
  • Finesse_4days
    My two intro teams. This will allow me to alternate and not use Fitness cards. Nownto focus on trading.

SAYJvKD.jpg
    0lSkSZo.jpg

I 'd advise having 1 better team because the coins you get from winning more games and getting highe ranks in SBS or Division rivals should offset the cost of the fitness cards.
  • PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    Pulled Nain in the Hybrid League SBC packs earlier, along with Belotti/Scz, two personal favs from Fifas past, so think I’m going to go ahead and build a proper squad finally.

Also packed Kyle Walker, but will probs sell him in a week or two. Expecting him to rise nicely in price.

Wanting a decent CAM/CF next... only got 20-30k or so. Anyone used a player in Serie A around that price range who stood out?

Hamsik?
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite

I know it’s way late, but just wanted to clarify you have to quit the app entirely after kickoff. Simply quitting the match won’t work.
  • Arsenalfan97
    7625 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    I think the main reasons everyone is finding legendary harder is because we aren’t used to the game yet and because we don’t have the great players we did last year who can just run past everyone when the ai sit back or smash in a 30 yarder. I’ve felt the difference in quality of player for me has been massive scoring a lot less gone 3-1 in squad battles haven’t scored more than 3 yet.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    A question re: RTG … is everybody (or the majority) going pack-only, or buying players to use?

Kinda in a tricky position as the we're only going to have a single a/c due to being on PS. With Xbox having Live linked to the console, PS is not like that. So, the kid wants to go ahead and buy players.
  • Ventieeeeee
    382 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2018
    A question re: RTG … is everybody (or the majority) going pack-only, or buying players to use?

Kinda in a tricky position as the we're only going to have a single a/c due to being on PS. With Xbox having Live linked to the console, PS is not like that. So, the kid wants to go ahead and buy players.

I dont think anyone here is doing pack only but i could be wrong.

I will never touch draft again :s its just not for me i get horribble team everytime and im just not ready for that level.

Today I will just use the points that are left on packs(almost 10k). And build my self a team. Need to focus on SB and rivals instead.

I have some catching up to do some off you are far ahead already :D I haven't done any trading yet.

Have you guys found any cheap hidden gems yet? I want to build my team today and start playing squad battle and rivals.
  • dopetothemax

I was considering going pack only, but what if I never pack an icon? Or any card I want to use? I’d rather be able to use all sorts of players personally.
  • Daveofwales01
    8341 posts League Winner

I will never touch draft again :s its just not for me i get horribble team everytime and im just not ready for that level.

Today I will just use the points that are left on packs(almost 10k). And build my self a team. Need to focus on SB and rivals instead.

I have some catching up to do some off you are far ahead already :D I haven't done any trading yet.

Have you guys found any cheap hidden gems yet? I want to build my team today and start playing squad battle and rivals.

Have a look at keita balde and Ben yedder
  • Ventieeeeee

Yes Ben yedder is high up my list. He was class for me last year in the beginning.
  • Daveofwales01
    8341 posts League Winner

Yes Ben yedder is high up my list. He was class for me last year in the beginning.

I've only played a few games but he's been my favourite so far
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move

I was considering going pack only, but what if I never pack an icon? Or any card I want to use? I’d rather be able to use all sorts of players personally.

I guess it's probably more a "first owners" club - so SBC's would be ok.
  • Finesse_4days

Depay and Rodrigo are both very good although Depay is extinct because his max is 20k , Ndombele who plays for Lyon is great he plays like fifa 17 rentao sanches and has scored 7 in 13 for me which is great for a cm. Guedes is good for a cheap LM or LW and Kondogbia is very solid as a Cm or CDM. Squad battles is good to play at the moment as winning 3 on world class and 1 on legendary has got me up to gold 2 so it is easy to get a gold rank without playing many games because hardly anyone is bothered to play squad battles with rivals being introduced.
  • dopetothemax

I guess it's probably more a "first owners" club - so SBC's would be ok.

EA still haven’t officially confirmed that there will be icon SBCs this year. My guess is there will be because that’s easy content to roll out every Thursday but you never know
  • Ventieeeeee

Depay and Rodrigo are both very good although Depay is extinct because his max is 20k , Ndombele who plays for Lyon is great he plays like fifa 17 rentao sanches and has scored 7 in 13 for me which is great for a cm. Guedes is good for a cheap LM or LW and Kondogbia is very solid as a Cm or CDM. Squad battles is good to play at the moment as winning 3 on world class and 1 on legendary has got me up to gold 2 so it is easy to get a gold rank without playing many games because hardly anyone is bothered to play squad battles with rivals being introduced.

Thanks will look at some players.

I definitely need to start SB again to learn the game. I played 1 game on legendary I lost badly the AI scored absolute bangers :D. It really is a different game to fifa 18.
  • @VanBasten12 Do whatever works for you!!! It’s just for fun anyway. I packed crap am am trading my way now.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9191 posts League Winner
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

Hamsik?

Gone with Gomez in behind Belotti/Mandzukic for now.

Means I can afford Perisic (just about) :smile:
  • dopetothemax
    @Absting159 you going full RTG or did you start with some FP?
  • Ventieeeeee
    edited September 2018
    Question:Are you guys playing with timed finishing on?
    I turned it off and just score more goals. I don't like the timed finishing it's almost a handicap at times.
  • Finesse_4days
    Question:Are you guys playing with timed finishing on?
    I turned it off and just score more goals. I don't like the timed finishing it's almost a handicap at times.

I 'm playing with it on but I'm not using it , I might start to try some volleys and headers and the odd longshot with timed finishes as I think if I learn to time them right I may get some nice goals , if you are 1 v1 or have an open goal I would never use a timed finish though.
  • @dopetothemax I did 12k. Packed Sterling and Fred and a lot of other nonsense.

@Ventieeeeee hmmmmm can you do that in online play??? Might have to try it. Funny enough I lost against Semi Pro yesterday then won 3 divisions games.....lol.
  • I have like 2.5 hrs left of access. Sucks.