The Semi-g00d FIFA 19 Experience

Comments

• Ugri
    6654 posts Big Money Move
    @Absting159 what I usually do every year is play offline for the first week to use my boosts and get a feel for the game. I trade quite a lot too.

By the end of the first week the divisions have stabilised, leaving you to coast to your level at your own pace.

That being said, WL isn’t important to me, although this year, I’m thinking of playing it again.

I will start an attempt at wl in a month maybe. As you said offline Sb for me to understand the game mechanics again
  • @Absting159 what I usually do every year is play offline for the first week to use my boosts and get a feel for the game. I trade quite a lot too.

By the end of the first week the divisions have stabilised, leaving you to coast to your level at your own pace.

That being said, WL isn’t important to me, although this year, I’m thinking of playing it again.

Yeah I was just trying them out. I’ll donsquad battles mostly but need to drop. Got pumped on legendary. I was ok but couldn’t finish. Need to get some points. Think elite will be easy here week 1.
  • Addicksfan
    3293 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018
    Good stuff all.......great to see this thread is proper busy.....

Update time....yay

So I've pretty much cleaned out the catalogue of balls and kits and quick sold the majority....got my transfer list to 100 and unlocked the 1,000 coin bonus per game....

Played a couple of squad battles games on legendary with my slightly better than a starter BPL team....Sturridge is insane...always seems to be in the right place.....scored 7 goals in two games.

I logged into the web app and got a Ligue Un pack, Depay popped out... :)

Not selling any 82 rated and above rated player until full release, my transfer list is full of Kits, stadiums and Brazilians......

Been trading sweaty pace players from BPL and La Liga.....a couple of players have been making me near on 500 coins a time.....So I've now got 157K in the coffers with five of the first TOTW players in the club....including Lozano :p ;) who may or may not be finding his way into my team :p B)

Going to play a few more squad battles games and do a bit more trading tonight.....not touching Rivals until I have a really good team.....

One final thing, have you seen the leaderboards..........people making 4M transfer profit already, some with 190+ teams and some clearing near on 150K coins from just playing games........wow
  • @Addicksfan did you do FP? How on earth have you gotten that much already. Haha
  • Did my divisions placement and form went as such. L/W/D/W/D and I was put into 5th. Both draws I gave up leads at the in the last like 15 :(.

Curious how many Champs Pts each game amount to. . in D5 it's 2.5 times per game and it looks like you need 2000 to qualify for a WL. Hoping its like 200-250ish each game at this level. Like 8-10 odd wins to qualify - meanwhile getting rewards :)
  • Orison
    48667 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Absting159 wrote: »
    Did my divisions placement and form went as such. L/W/D/W/D and I was put into 5th. Both draws I gave up leads at the in the last like 15 :(.

Curious how many Champs Pts each game amount to. . in D5 it's 2.5 times per game and it looks like you need 2000 to qualify for a WL. Hoping its like 200-250ish each game at this level. Like 8-10 odd wins to qualify - meanwhile getting rewards :)

It's 65 per win. That's a solid 30 WINS you need.
  • Ventieeeeee
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2018
    Im not sure about this game lads.. i played some draft and the amount off random stuff happening is unreal. The game seems to be all about ping pong 1 2 and dribbling with skills. the defending feels so random aswell tackling but the attacker just keeps going. This will be very frustrating in weekend league.
    Kick off glitch seems to be back in full glory aswell.

I do like 5 at the back its seems to be back and i really need that extra man in defence :D

Overal defending seems much harder and attacking much easier.
  • For trade tracking purposes. . posted this in the NIF thread.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gXMKVuCRDe0b_YS1GWSej9yYA6MtD-jHuSIXxDghRv8/edit#gid=793819652

Please immediately do the following to save your own version.
    File -> Make a copy

Instructions:
    Date: uses US dates | MM/DD/YYYY | for certain things to work you have to do this.
    Profit = your NET profit. Purchase Price - Sale price - tax = Net Profit
    Liquidity in TP = if you have the BIN column filled out, this will total your items and tell you if you sold everything at its lowest BIN what you have.
    Column R will show you your total sold each day. You can drag the formulas down to keep it going.

Each Tab is for the other trading methods - but all built the same. I liked to compare profits when I was doing part of each so I could see where I did the best. For me its always been the NIF method.
  • Orison wrote: »
    Did my divisions placement and form went as such. L/W/D/W/D and I was put into 5th. Both draws I gave up leads at the in the last like 15 :(.

It's 65 per win. That's a solid 30 WINS you need.

EWWWW well, slowly accumulate my way there. I wasn't planning on doing it for a while anyway.
  • Addicksfan
    @Addicksfan did you do FP? How on earth have you gotten that much already. Haha

Yeah 12K.....just been trading and selling as much as possible
  • Finesse_4days
    7229 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2018
    So far from no fifa points just from scratch I have packed some decent players. I got Depay who I will build around as 20k max is far too cheap for him, Di maria , Tolisso, Rudiger and loads of players around the 2k mark and a draft token. In my first draft which I paid 15k for I lost in the 2 round to some horrible goals against a good opponent and after loosing 6 k or so I came to the decision that will be my first and last draft but after getting a free draft token I now have a second chance at draft and hopefully now I have got a good team I will get to atleast the semis. If I sold everything I would have around 50k + a draft but no way is Depay being sold for 20k when he will be 40 to 60k in a few weeks.
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    I’ve hopped into squad battles for the first time and boy was it horrendous. Just playing against a wall of 9-10 players for the full 90 minutes. At least in 18, if it got late in the game and the AI was down they would go ultra attacking to push for the goal. I was just up 2-0 and the AI still had 10 back in the box with just the striker up top all the way to the end. After these rewards on Sunday I may not touch it again all year lol
  • Ugri
    6654 posts Big Money Move
    I’ve hopped into squad battles for the first time and boy was it horrendous. Just playing against a wall of 9-10 players for the full 90 minutes. At least in 18, if it got late in the game and the AI was down they would go ultra attacking to push for the goal. I was just up 2-0 and the AI still had 10 back in the box with just the striker up top all the way to the end. After these rewards on Sunday I may not touch it again all year lol

Is it that bad? What difficulty?
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ugri wrote: »

I was on World Class. It was weird the first game I won 5-0 and it wasn’t that bad. The next game was a similar rated team with the same chemistry and I won on penalties after being 1-1 for the full 120 minutes.

Just seems like they don’t push forward late in games like last year. Felt like the AI was happy to play for pens. Lol I was 3421 with everyone pushed up and high pressure and they still never tried to get in behind me.

I’m wondering if they take on the tactics set up by whichever user the team comes from? So if you come against a guy’s squad and he has everything set up to sit deep and counter that’s what the AI will do no matter what. Just a guess
  • PelzyWelzy
    9478 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018

Have to agree with this - played my first two SB games this morning and man was it a real struggle. I only play legendary btw.

Conceded 4 in the first, three of them deflections that were just leathered in first time on the rebound... and a 45th min Andy Carroll header. Won it 5-4 (95th min winner, obvs) but man did it feel bad. The amount of random BS that was going on far exceeded anything 18 had to offer. Could hardly get near the AI tackling wise, doubt I won a single 50/50. Passing was off, though i think that's more down to it taking an age for my players to control the ball whilst the AI pinged 34 passes first time under pressure willy nilly across the field like they were having a sunday kick about.

Second I actually lost on pens after a 2-2 draw.

Going to take some adjusting this is.
  • Addicksfan
    just got DC'd from Squad Battles.....fantastic

playing on Legendary and its just not fun.....
  • I had a good day trading yesterday..up to 250kish profit . played my first 5 DR games and lost 4 drew 1. I was on top in 4/5 games but couldn't finish at all. Last game I was 12-0 up in shots at HT. Oh well..
    I was experimenting with my play and my custom tactics aren't great at the moment, plus 3 at the back with slow players is dodgy but the fast CBs are too expensive.
    I'm definitely dominating so just need to nail the different shooting mechanics.
    I'm running a premier league team as I sell my team on webapp using gold trading method when not playing and they sell the most.
  • JR
    8062 posts League Winner
    Games annoying me already lost two draft finals in a row because I can’t finish at all, one on one, open net, chip you name it, Also why do my players constantly fall over the ball
  • Addicksfan
    JR wrote: »
    Games annoying me already lost two draft finals in a row because I can’t finish at all, one on one, open net, chip you name it, Also why do my players constantly fall over the ball

I've found low driven is even more OP, you've just gotta be able to press B, LB, RB and left stick for direction....

I'm still in certain situations double tapping B for low drivens :D
  • Addicksfan
    Been trading A LOT....I'm now sitting at 302K......been trading three OP players and making 500 to 800 coins..after that stupid EA tax, which I still think is now pointless given we have price ranges that in themselves control inflation.

Might just invest the lot in certain types of players and then sell them all when the game fully releases....should make a tidy profit...
  • Addicksfan
    Why can't you quick sell anything on the web app??
  • RealM
    5656 posts Big Money Move
    Addicksfan wrote: »

I haven't had a problem.
  • Addicksfan
    RealM wrote: »

I haven't had a problem.

There is literally no option to quick sell...??
  • RealM

I haven't had a problem.

54df6aea313b007e445b1fac187f7894.png

That's from squad screen clicking on a player.
  • Addicksfan
    edited September 2018

I haven't had a problem.

54df6aea313b007e445b1fac187f7894.png

That's from squad screen clicking on a player.

Cheers fella.....I just don't have that option....wierd

What about after opening a pack? I can send to transfer list, I can send to club I don't have an option to quick sell there either
  • Morning lads. Yeah the difficulties are a lot tougher in SB this year. I haven’t won a game on legendary yet. Dropping to professional I think until I get used to it. Lol.
  • jdros
    2569 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2018
    I did a little grinding early today, did my qualifying for Rivals before the sun came up - lost my first, fell apart in the 2nd half to tie my 2nd, then won my last 3 to go 3-1-1 and that landed me in division 5. Used this team:

BBEE5810_4_CAE_41_E3_8_C70_A8_AA2_F085_BEB.jpg

On squad battles...just as a PSA you get 850-900 points if you win 5-0 on semi pro. That is enough points to make elite3 if you play all the matches (or at least it was last year). If you are struggling with a weaker team than usual that is an option.

Because of the rewards on rivals, I probably won’t grind too many matches on SBs until I’m qualified for WL.
  • Ugri wrote: »

I was on World Class. It was weird the first game I won 5-0 and it wasn’t that bad. The next game was a similar rated team with the same chemistry and I won on penalties after being 1-1 for the full 120 minutes.

Just seems like they don’t push forward late in games like last year. Felt like the AI was happy to play for pens. Lol I was 3421 with everyone pushed up and high pressure and they still never tried to get in behind me.

I’m wondering if they take on the tactics set up by whichever user the team comes from? So if you come against a guy’s squad and he has everything set up to sit deep and counter that’s what the AI will do no matter what. Just a guess

If I recall from last year, Legendary was easier than World Class.

I played 1 SB game and didn't find it too fun. Am quite enjoying rivals, all my games are fun and close even if all I play are loan stars now
  • RealM
    I might be able to play online this year, I think my internet has finally be sorted out. Literally a 6 year process of getting it fixed. :D
    I could play online but I would lag quite often or sometimes disconnect, drove me away from playing WL.

@hoban95 We can finally play :D
  • hoban95
    49109 posts FIFA Cover Star
    edited September 2018
    I might be able to play online this year, I think my internet has finally be sorted out. Literally a 6 year process of getting it fixed. :D
    I could play online but I would lag quite often or sometimes disconnect, drove me away from playing WL.

@hoban95 We can finally play :D

Sensational news. @RealM :o <3
This discussion has been closed.