The Semi-g00d FIFA 19 Experience

Comments

• Alexrb89
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    Tbh I do enjoy the first few weeks of a new FIFA, which is why I’d be tempted to get it even with how poor this year has been. Regardless of how poor the gameplay is it’s always fun grinding the game when every coin matters. It’s not until after the first few WL’s you realise just how much you actually hate the game and it only get’s worse and worse with every patch throughout the year.

I’m saving myself from that by just not getting it this year. I know once I pick it up I’ll feel forced to continue playing even when I’m not enjoying it, and that’s just a waste of time. Not to mention that the new romoured icons really don’t interest me at all, and it’s usually the grind towards 1-2 of them that keeps me going.
  • Finesse_4days
    6858 posts Big Money Move
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    Tbh I do enjoy the first few weeks of a new FIFA, which is why I’d be tempted to get it even with how poor this year has been. Regardless of how poor the gameplay is it’s always fun grinding the game when every coin matters. It’s not until after the first few WL’s you realise just how much you actually hate the game and it only get’s worse and worse with every patch throughout the year.

I’m saving myself from that by just not getting it this year. I know once I pick it up I’ll feel forced to continue playing even when I’m not enjoying it, and that’s just a waste of time. Not to mention that the new romoured icons really don’t interest me at all, and it’s usually the grind towards 1-2 of them that keeps me going.

I'm going to judge based of early access, if its quite abit better I will get it but play less than this year.
  • Alexrb89
    3455 posts National Call-Up

I'm going to judge based of early access, if its quite abit better I will get it but play less than this year.

Yeah makes sense. I’ve got EA access already so I suppose I might as well try it out. My problem with it is that the gameplay is actually usually pretty good during early access bar a few bugs, but then they patch the game into oblivion when people start complaining that the AI can’t do everything for them.

I’m pretty sure it was this year where they actually were close to getting the AI vs manual defending right until they completely ruined it with a new patch. The feeling that you’re playing a different game every week (sometimes every day) is a major part of what makes this game a chore to play most of the time.
  • Tof33z
    6375 posts Big Money Move

It tells you nothing. It'll be patched out of sight a wee while after release
  • Finesse_4days
    Tof33z wrote: »

I wouldn't be so certain about that TBH, Fifa 19 was /is horse manure from start to finish so needed to be patched, fifa 18 was great at the start but very high scoring, they patched it and it actually wasn't too bad post patch even though defending was less manual. As long as there is not major bugs in the game I doubt EA will patch it based off kids complaints, they have a different team in charge of the gameplay and feedback and I think they will have realised that too many changes with patches can ruin the game.
  • Tof33z
    6375 posts Big Money Move
    Tof33z wrote: »

I wouldn't be so certain about that TBH, Fifa 19 was /is horse manure from start to finish so needed to be patched, fifa 18 was great at the start but very high scoring, they patched it and it actually wasn't too bad post patch even though defending was less manual. As long as there is not major bugs in the game I doubt EA will patch it based off kids complaints, they have a different team in charge of the gameplay and feedback and I think they will have realised that too many changes with patches can ruin the game.

Death, taxes and bad fifa patches
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Antparry92
    17532 posts World Class
    No doubt I’ll be disappointed with the prime I get later on
  • Ugri
    6486 posts Big Money Move
    edited August 26
    @Absting159 I will open a new thread in the Fifa20 section around the 10th of September and get some HYPE!!

Wanted to test some new players so played some WL games, OMG the amount of idiots...i guess they are the only ones playing and the odd semi-good player :p

Almost all teams i cam across were abusing there oan cr7, pele, mbappe etc...Fifa20 please be here already...I cannot go 1 month without fut...
  • Finesse_4days
    Ugri wrote: »
    @Absting159 I will open a new thread in the Fifa20 section around the 10th of September and get some HYPE!!

Wanted to test some new players so played some WL games, OMG the amount of idiots...i guess they are the only ones playing and the odd semi-good player :p

Almost all teams i cam across were abusing there oan cr7, pele, mbappe etc...Fifa20 please be here already...I cannot go 1 month without fut...

That's why I deleted my club, almost every player now still playing has a god squad and only abuses crosses and other horrible mechanics, and its just not worth playing at this stage.
  • Finesse_4days
    edited August 26
    @Ugri Demo out on the 12th and early access out on the 19th, so unfortunately still 3 and a half weeks to wait for Fut. I will just play some other games like Forza, Assassins creed, and Tropico while I wait for early access.
  • ccooaattssyy
    6911 posts Big Money Move
    The first few weeks of a new FIFA are the best time in the cycle.
  • Finesse_4days

Futmas , and the start of Tots are very good parts as well, when all the special cards where in packs that was decent too, soon as they removed them RIP FUT 19.
  • Ugri

Futmas , and the start of Tots are very good parts as well, when all the special cards where in packs that was decent too, soon as they removed them RIP FUT 19.

i just dont understand why they removed the special players from packs? They could have just added them all until the end of fut and keep the momentum alive...
  • Ugri
    @Ugri Demo out on the 12th and early access out on the 19th, so unfortunately still 3 and a half weeks to wait for Fut. I will just play some other games like Forza, Assassins creed, and Tropico while I wait for early access.

@Finesse_4days Im reading a book now :lol
  • Finesse_4days

@Finesse_4days Im reading a book now :lol

same, although I do read quite a lot usually.
  • Antparry92
    17532 posts World Class
    Some absolute mouth breathers knocking about on this game. Let him score 2, thinking he’ll let me score with a full Belgian side. Doesn’t, continues to play try hard. Even message him half time and he ignores it yet again
  • ccooaattssyy
    Going to hopefully play a lot more WL this game. That grind for the first weekend will be tough though. I aim to play to G3 every weekend by playing Saturday mornings typically. I am going to log my players stats on a spreadsheet, to keep it interesting.
  • Antparry92
    17532 posts World Class
    Make that two mouth breathers in a row now :joy:
  • Antparry92
    17532 posts World Class
    That’s 3 in a row.

All 3 just about scrape in to double figure IQ’s
  • Ugri
    Going to hopefully play a lot more WL this game. That grind for the first weekend will be tough though. I aim to play to G3 every weekend by playing Saturday mornings typically. I am going to log my players stats on a spreadsheet, to keep it interesting.

Ill share my spreadsheet with stats if of interest 😎
  • ccooaattssyy

Yes please :#
  • Ugri
    edited August 27

Yes please :#

How do i share safely? @ccooaattssyy Let me screenshot what i did and see if it helps ;)

tH0fdb3.jpg

J2zP9Cp.jpg

Gt6yeRb.jpg
    Post edited by Ugri on
  • ccooaattssyy
    That looks good- do you just record at the end of each match? I’m thinking of recording pass completion etc (data hungry) lol. Just not sure how much time it’ll take. Be good if you could get it all on one tab & just take a photo.
  • ccooaattssyy
    I also think if I record it, I’ll have more interest in it.
  • Orison
    47659 posts FIFA Cover Star

Try to actually play a WL first :trollface: I don't believe it until I see it. Still remember Fifa 17 pal.
  • ccooaattssyy
    Orison wrote: »

Try to actually play a WL first :trollface: I don't believe it until I see it. Still remember Fifa 17 pal.

It’ll all change this FIFA. I’m a changed man. Just that early grind to get access will be rough.
  • ccooaattssyy
    Also gonna play SBs :trollface:
  • Antparry92
    17532 posts World Class
    This game is an actual joke...it’s so bad! :joy:
This discussion has been closed.