The Semi-g00d FIFA 19 Experience

Comments

• Ugri
    6626 posts Big Money Move
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Only played enough to get Alex T and a couple of the FS tokens.

I stupidly went and redeemed for WL. Not even played a single second this weekend...have some time free this morning and later this evening so might get on and play a few with my new teams, went on the web app and spent all my coins on putting together a few teams ;)

I was lucky enough to get an invite for the closed beta (FUT and kick off) so been playing a fair bit of that

Please tell me that the gameplay is decent, surely finishing is better, El tornado crosses gone and Ai defending nerfed drastically?

@Addicksfan
  • PelzyWelzy
    9451 posts League Winner

I stupidly went and redeemed for WL. Not even played a single second this weekend...have some time free this morning and later this evening so might get on and play a few with my new teams, went on the web app and spent all my coins on putting together a few teams ;)

I was lucky enough to get an invite for the closed beta (FUT and kick off) so been playing a fair bit of that

Please tell me that the gameplay is decent, surely finishing is better, El tornado crosses gone and Ai defending nerfed drastically?

Wish I could speak more about it but run a risk of getting banned :joy:

All I’m going to say is it’s not great, actually less enjoyable than the 18 beta.

Make it that what you will :wink:
  • Ugri
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

Wish I could speak more about it but run a risk of getting banned :joy:

All I’m going to say is it’s not great, actually less enjoyable than the 18 beta.

Make it that what you will :wink:

oh oh...thx!
  • Alexrb89
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    Took a long **** break from the game again and enjoyed my summer, but had a look at prices and bloody hell are they cheap! Think I’ll jump on again and test a few cards I couldn’t afford during TOTS. Can only assume gameplay is still awful but that’s what I’ve come to expect from the game at this point lol.
  • Ugri
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    Took a long **** break from the game again and enjoyed my summer, but had a look at prices and bloody hell are they cheap! Think I’ll jump on again and test a few cards I couldn’t afford during TOTS. Can only assume gameplay is still awful but that’s what I’ve come to expect from the game at this point lol.

Due to only few people on at least there is no lag...only problem is there are mainly 2 type of people still on, the triehard noobs or the casuals...in small % the "good guys" so many frustrating games...
  • Alexrb89
    edited August 12
    Ugri wrote: »

Due to only few people on at least there is no lag...only problem is there are mainly 2 type of people still on, the triehard noobs or the casuals...in small % the "good guys" so many frustrating games...

Yeah I can believe that, I’ve been playing NBA 2K19 casually and with only 3 weeks left of the game there are still people trying their best to ruin it for others. The gaming community really has gone downhill...

Either way I’ll give it a try, not concerned about winning or losing just wanna test out a few cards.

What’s your team looking like now? I’d imagine it’s stacked if you’ve been playing through the summer, looks like prices got nuked.
  • Ugri
    edited August 12

Yeah I can believe that, I’ve been playing NBA 2K19 casually and with only 3 weeks left of the game there are still people trying their best to ruin it for others. The gaming community really has gone downhill...

Either way I’ll give it a try, not concerned about winning or losing just wanna test out a few cards.

What’s your team looking like now? I’d imagine it’s stacked if you’ve been playing through the summer, looks like prices got nuked.

I have several teams now, skipped at least 4-5 weekends but played some. I have basically everyone i could have wanted ;) As you i just played around with some new teams, dutch, barca, bundes and la liga teams. Mostly i did sbcs as packs are just insane, had 1x 6! special cards in a 100k pack including 4 tots
  • Alexrb89

I have several teams now, skipped at least 4-5 weekends but played some. I have basically everyone i could have wanted ;) As you i just played around with some new teams, dutch, barca, bundes and la liga teams. Mostly i did sbcs as packs are just insane, had 1x 6! special cards in a 100k pack including 4 tots

Ah cool man sounds enjoyable. I just completed VVD and got some good fodder back so will have a look at some icon SBC’s. Did you get that Pogba? I’m considering it but I’m not sure about him next to Gullit and Vieira, seems a bit heavy for a midfield.
  • Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class
    One of the worst bits about this game and it’s never going to change so the game will be affected next year....toxic community behaviour.

24 year old little turds passing round the back and time wasting after an hour
  • Ugri

Ah cool man sounds enjoyable. I just completed VVD and got some good fodder back so will have a look at some icon SBC’s. Did you get that Pogba? I’m considering it but I’m not sure about him next to Gullit and Vieira, seems a bit heavy for a midfield.

I didnt get Pogba, seemed overpriced and i already have like 5 top end midfielders including gullit, socrates, vieira, matthaus goretzka havertz etc ;) If you can i would get Matthaus, with stuff still in packs he is pretty cheap AND imo better as cdm than vieira. He is like a kante on drugs :smiley:
  • Alexrb89

I didnt get Pogba, seemed overpriced and i already have like 5 top end midfielders including gullit, socrates, vieira, matthaus goretzka havertz etc ;) If you can i would get Matthaus, with stuff still in packs he is pretty cheap AND imo better as cdm than vieira. He is like a kante on drugs :smiley:

I ended up completing Pogba, SMS and Griezmann. Only cost me 300k and some fodder, pack weight is mental right now.
  • Addicksfan
    3293 posts National Call-Up

@Addicksfan

Yeah can't really say much..........

Been playing a lot of Madden, not raged once...went back to Fifa 19 to get fut swap Renato "golden boy" Sanches, playing Rivals, within a minute of the first game I'm raging.....quit and put Madden back on......

That's me done with 19 and at this stage I'm not ordering 20
  • Alexrb89

@Addicksfan

Been playing a lot of Madden, not raged once...went back to Fifa 19 to get fut swap Renato "golden boy" Sanches, playing Rivals, within a minute of the first game I'm raging.....quit and put Madden back on......

Heard Madden is supposed to be a pretty good game - if you like the sport obviously. Sounds like both offline and online is pretty rewarding in terms of rewards and. Thought about giving it a go now that most other games are dead but it’ll take a while to learn the plays and so on I’d imagine.
  • Addicksfan

@Addicksfan

Heard Madden is supposed to be a pretty good game - if you like the sport obviously. Sounds like both offline and online is pretty rewarding in terms of rewards and. Thought about giving it a go now that most other games are dead but it’ll take a while to learn the plays and so on I’d imagine.

I'm a big american footie fan......the gameplay is really good,

If you want to learn the game whilst getting rewarded you can, through solo battles (squad battles) and challenges...when you feel like your ready for online you have challenges such as "house rules" and seasons as well as Weekend league.....

Lots of choice and variation in the game with great rewards to keep you hooked....
  • FrankFrank
    1999 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited August 15

@Addicksfan

Done with 19 as well, and will probably skip 20. EA did us so dirty this year.

Never forget how they blamed us.

Sk-rmbillede-2019-08-15-kl-13-12-58.png
  • PelzyWelzy
    9451 posts League Winner
    @Addicksfan - Madden worth a shot this year then?

Not played since 17 but definitely enjoyed it back then.
  • Ugri
    FrankFrank wrote: »

@Addicksfan

Done with 19 as well, and will probably skip 20. EA did us so dirty this year.

Never forget how they blamed us.

Sk-rmbillede-2019-08-15-kl-13-12-58.png

Very true! I hope you will be here for 20 but could understand if you wouldn't be here but this place wouldn't be same without you! @FrankFrank
  • Addicksfan
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    @Addicksfan - Madden worth a shot this year then?

Not played since 17 but definitely enjoyed it back then.

Yep totally worth it.....Franchise is typical of any EA sports game in that it lacks depth, but is still a great game.....MUT is totally worth it, so much to do, will keep you going for ages!!
  • Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class
    Entered WL as I had 2000 points to use and won’t be able to next weekend

Won the first game but my word what an absolute lag fest. The delay was hilarious :joy:
  • krakos000
    17470 posts World Class
    I'm out after this year as well.
  • Alexrb89
    krakos000 wrote: »

• Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class
    And we’re back to s**te objectives :neutral:
  • Antparry92
    17669 posts World Class
    edited August 16
    Rare players pack from the silver objective....
    0df65181a059da73d343d320818ca947.jpg
  • PelzyWelzy
    9451 posts League Winner
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Rare players pack from the silver objective....
    0df65181a059da73d343d320818ca947.jpg

**** objectives indeed :joy:
  • Ugri

This will be a lonely place..
    I preordered...
  • Ugri
    Btw built my Barca team with nif Messi. Will play a few this WL. Still tots reds as player picks?
  • Finesse_4days
    7163 posts Big Money Move
    Btw built my Barca team with nif Messi. Will play a few this WL. Still tots reds as player picks?

yes still Tots reds,Im just going to play until 11 wins this weekend just to try out my Toty Marcelo at CDM and futties Savic and Tots Red Salah as sub.
  • Davvebingan
    2349 posts Fans' Favourite

I preordered...

I will be here, haven’t ordered yet but will buy on release date if not earlier
  • Ugri

yes still Tots reds,Im just going to play until 11 wins this weekend just to try out my Toty Marcelo at CDM and futties Savic and Tots Red Salah as sub.

Cheers. Will try the Barca team with Griezzy and main team with Alaba futties card.
  • krakos000
    17470 posts World Class

I preordered...

I'll still be here yo!
This discussion has been closed.