The Semi-g00d FIFA 19 Experience

Comments

• Finesse_4days
    7229 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2018
    So i opened my starter packs and got Neres from my favorite club AJAX in my first pack :#

I had a quick check and saw on squad battle that someone already has 28000 points so apparently people have the game much earlier then us.

Hopefully i can play some games tomorrow night to get started.

Is the wep app out for you guys? i cant get on yet.

No it's not out Ea have **** up as per usual

How?
    they said it would be the 19th why would they not release it by 10pm central European time and 11pm Eastern European time when people are about to sleep I'm from the Uk but it makes no sense to release it this late as in most of the world it will bet the 20th by the time they release it .Also Releasing it so long out after early access is a bit of a joke usually they do a soft launch the day before, it will probably not even work when they release it as well.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    So i opened my starter packs and got Neres from my favorite club AJAX in my first pack :#

I had a quick check and saw on squad battle that someone already has 28000 points so apparently people have the game much earlier then us.

So, a retailer decides to sell the games off, and "EA have screwed up" …

As much as I cannot defend them at times, look at the facts and don't blame them for something they have no control over!

Comments like these are simply daft!
  • VanBasten12
    Nice job @Addicksfan … that's a decent start already!

Must say that I am itching now to get on, but no early access :disappointed:
  • Finesse_4days
    7229 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2018

As much as I cannot defend them at times, look at the facts and don't blame them for something they have no control over!

I wasn't on about the retailers I meant they have screwed up by not releasing it yet when early access was released 5 hours ago and for many time zones it will come out on the 20th when usually the web app comes out the day before early access not the other way round.
  • VanBasten12

I wasn't on about the retailers I meant they have screwed up by not releasing it yet when early access was released 5 hours ago and for many time zones it will come out on the 20th when usually the web app comes out the day before early access not the other way round.

Fair enough. Apologies for that then.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move

How?
    they said it would be the 19th why would they not release it by 10pm central European time and 11pm Eastern European time when people are about to sleep I'm from the Uk but it makes no sense to release it this late as in most of the world it will bet the 20th by the time they release it .Also Releasing it so long out after early access is a bit of a joke usually they do a soft launch the day before, it will probably not even work when they release it as well.

Keep in mind it's still early for the Americans as most are probably still at work/school. I'm not sure if EA does geographic segmentation for their financial statements, but I'm willing to bet that a good chunk of their revenue comes from the Americas, so it's most likely a strategic business move on their part.
  • I can’t wait to get home. @Addicksfan I might rip my 12k too. We need pics of teams!!!
  • Absting159
    6817 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    mjs4p wrote: »
    ah so everyone that is opening packs is doing it on Ea access wasting their 10hours :D

Yes, although no sign of the web app coming anytime soon.

It should be today but obviously was held up. Fingers crossed although with EA Access I’m happy.

I need the Companion App more than the web app. Can’t refresh that trade pile during a bathroom break at work on the web app lol.

• Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    Absting159 wrote: »
    I can’t wait to get home. @Addicksfan I might rip my 12k too. We need pics of teams!!!

Make sure to post it in the Squad Showoff Thread found here :shifty:

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/408258/the-squad-showoff-thread#latest
  • Arsenalfan97
    7699 posts League Winner
    edited September 2018
    Got Antonio Valencia in my starter packs a nice little 20k to start off with B)
  • I did one draft and lost 2-3. I'm about to rip some packs!!! I'll post the pulls ;)
  • OK, 2700 in. Pulisic and Bailey. . .not a good start. Last 300 for tonight will be one more draft. Gonna give it one more shot.
  • VanBasten12
    My awesome start to the RTG - no FP spent:
    NO1rY5V.png

Behold the pace upfront … :lol:
  • @VanBasten12 I'm Bundesliga - just because thats a few people I got. Filled out the team, might give it a go in a few.

This is gonna be alot rougher than I remember, lol.
  • VanBasten12
    Good luck @Absting159 … I only tried the demo last night for the first time - struggle to score a goal.

And that was with players from the 'big teams'!
  • Absting159
    6817 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    I'm terrible at this game, LOL. It feels pretty good though, I'm just unable to finish. Did 3 drafts, won 1 game. 1 Division Rivals (played an 85 overall squad that was all loans) lost 2-6, and did Squad Battles on Legendary and lost both of those.

Great start!!!

4bNbXLH.png

Best Pulls from 12k - currently have 32k

Sterling - 40k
    De Vrij (x2) - 3k
    Albiol
    Jonas
    Neto
    Aduriz
    Pereira
    Kepa
    Rabiot
    Fred - 17k
    Bailey (x2) - 5k
    Pulisic (x2)

Club Value with 12k: ~100k

This has to be the worst 12k FP I've ever opened. The question is do I let Sterling and Fred fly now. I don't remember what happens at the full release.
  • VanBasten12
    Just remember @Absting159, a lot of the hardcore FIFA addicts would have EA Access. Probably wouldn't be trying draft now.

I'd be going offline with 1k coin boosts, to ramp up the coins first.
  • dopetothemax
    2015 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah this is arguably the toughest Rivals will be all year. Not too many casuals gonna be around during early access. Should start to get a real feel for where you stand next week I would say
  • Ugri
    6654 posts Big Money Move
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    So i've just opened my 12K, managed to pull a few nice players:-

IF Angel
    Mahrez
    Willian
    Stones
    Robertson
    Aurier
    Nacho Fernandez
    Luiz Gustavo X2
    Mandzukic
    Allan

Got around 12K and 90 odd items on the transfer list (mostly kits that I will never use)

Holding onto players to sell when the full game is released

Played 1 Squad battles game so far, won it 7-1

Nice! Is Early access out? Sorry but im.on business trip until Friday so have limited time to see whats going on. I will start Saturday
  • @Ugri yeah man! Started today. I got nothing from packs.
  • Ugri
    I'm terrible at this game, LOL. It feels pretty good though, I'm just unable to finish. Did 3 drafts, won 1 game. 1 Division Rivals (played an 85 overall squad that was all loans) lost 2-6, and did Squad Battles on Legendary and lost both of those.

Great start!!!

4bNbXLH.png

Best Pulls from 12k - currently have 32k

Sterling - 40k
    De Vrij (x2) - 3k
    Albiol
    Jonas
    Neto
    Aduriz
    Pereira
    Kepa
    Rabiot
    Fred - 17k
    Bailey (x2) - 5k
    Pulisic (x2)

Club Value with 12k: ~100k

This has to be the worst 12k FP I've ever opened. The question is do I let Sterling and Fred fly now. I don't remember what happens at the full release.

Wait Selling them until game is out on 27th. Prices will rise @Absting159
  • Ugri
    @Ugri yeah man! Started today. I got nothing from packs.

Thx! Just reading on the bathroom :lol:
  • VanBasten12
    Ugri wrote: »

Priorities … love it!
  • Ugri
    Ugri wrote: »

Priorities … love it!

As long as i dont forget to show up at my meeting :blush:
  • zzachzx
    4597 posts National Call-Up
    I can't **** figure out how to score/get into scoring positions in this game. Never really find myself open
  • dopetothemax
    zzachzx wrote: »
    I can't **** figure out how to score/get into scoring positions in this game. Never really find myself open

What formation are you using? I’m having success playing out wide a lot and finding space that way. Crossing is really strong so far and you can always play it back to the middle of a cross doesn’t open up
  • zzachzx
    4597 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018

What formation are you using? I’m having success playing out wide a lot and finding space that way. Crossing is really strong so far and you can always play it back to the middle of a cross doesn’t open up

I'm using the 433 (2). What formations do you like?
  • dopetothemax

I'm using the 433 (2). What formations do you like?

Been using the 4141. I’m definitely still getting used to it though. Not something I can stay in if the opponent is just sitting deep, which a lot seem to be doing right now.
  • dopetothemax
    Just ran into a guy using straight up FIFA 18 tactics. He was sat deep, never switched to his defenders even once (at one point tracking all the way back with his striker), and just punted it up the field to one of his two players that actually stayed near the halfway line and attempted to counter.

He only had 1 shot though 70 minutes and didn’t change a thing about how he was playing. I got tired of it and switched to 3421 and tried to pressure the heck out of him. FIFA is what it is so he scored on a lucky deflection on the counter.

How he enjoyed himself getting 3 shots all game I’ll never know. Nice to know we’ll be having to beat the same exact kind of player again. Hopefully I get these new tactics figured out and I’ll just pin them in their own half all game. Hopefully.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10570 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2018
    @Absting159 what I usually do every year is play offline for the first week to use my boosts and get a feel for the game. I trade quite a lot too.

By the end of the first week the divisions have stabilised, leaving you to coast to your level at your own pace.

That being said, WL isn’t important to me, although this year, I’m thinking of playing it again.
This discussion has been closed.