The Semi-g00d FIFA 19 Experience

Comments

• Antparry92
    17680 posts World Class
    Gonna do a few of the champions league upgrades now. I’ve been a sucker for the cheap ones and running them in squad battles
  • Tof33z
    6742 posts Big Money Move
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Gonna do a few of the champions league upgrades now. I’ve been a sucker for the cheap ones and running them in squad battles

Did about 8, got Lovren. They are muck
  • Alexrb89
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    Alexrb89 wrote: »
    Ugri wrote: »
    S1, laporte, I'll take it, some sbc gonna be cheap for me at some point :D stacking packs for Friday to pull primer ronaldinho :trollface:

Nice. Im past stacking packs...but hope u have the best of luck

Not in a rush to even put FIFA in ATM, just not feeling it so stacking is easy then, did just buy prime Vieira and prime gullit but while my team is incomplete I don't fancy losing games with junk players around them

What’s the team gonna look like?

I can’t decide at all what I want to build so looking for inspiration :D

De gea, FB alves, icon CB, FFS de ligt, futmas PVA, Vieira, FB Rooney, gullit, toty mbappe, FB zlatan, 90 Henry, various formations

Very nice! How good is Henry?
  • PelzyWelzy
    9469 posts League Winner

GL!
  • Daveofwales01
    8348 posts League Winner
    S1, laporte, I'll take it, some sbc gonna be cheap for me at some point :D stacking packs for Friday to pull primer ronaldinho :trollface:

Nice. Im past stacking packs...but hope u have the best of luck

Not in a rush to even put FIFA in ATM, just not feeling it so stacking is easy then, did just buy prime Vieira and prime gullit but while my team is incomplete I don't fancy losing games with junk players around them

What’s the team gonna look like?

I can’t decide at all what I want to build so looking for inspiration :D

De gea, FB alves, icon CB, FFS de ligt, futmas PVA, Vieira, FB Rooney, gullit, toty mbappe, FB zlatan, 90 Henry, various formations

Very nice! How good is Henry?

Haven't used him yet, mbappe is my priority ATM then Henry
  • PelzyWelzy
    9469 posts League Winner
    @Antparry92 - Damn you, tempted me in to doing another 10 myself now :joy:

Leaves me with just enough to get Suarez in to put Messi on chem - after that I'll have about 24 coins and nothing at all tradeable at my club :smiley:
  • Antparry92
    17680 posts World Class
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

Leaves me with just enough to get Suarez in to put Messi on chem - after that I'll have about 24 coins and nothing at all tradeable at my club :smiley:

Get that UCL Suarez! One of my favourite cards in a while, unbelievably fun and perfect for what I look for in a striker
  • PelzyWelzy
    9469 posts League Winner

Get that UCL Suarez! One of my favourite cards in a while, unbelievably fun and perfect for what I look for in a striker

Not actually used Suarez this year (did have him untradeable at my old club from rivals rewards) but never had a need to fit him in - looks the perfect striker though, with a little bit of everything.
  • Alexrb89
    3455 posts National Call-Up
    IF Kagawa was a great investment. Bought 25 at 27k or below and I’ve already had some sales at 35k. Should’ve just bought 100 of him. Although if the POTM Goretzka needs a Bundes IF I’ll make bank!
  • krakos000
    17474 posts World Class
    krakos000 wrote: »
    I'm torn on what to do with my 460k :( I dont really use subs but when I do I know I'm lacking attacking ones. I have futmas Lukaku, scream Koke and Futswap Guilovogui so I'm good on midfielders. I also noticed so many icons are in and around my price range but I know none i can afford are going to be worth it over Tevez and Ibra up top or toty Marcelo and Bentacur as cms.

My options are either getting a couple of attacking subs like maybe headliner Lozano and Ziyech, or Neymar, or even one of the icons like baby Zola or MVB are cheap and could be a nice sub on for Tevez /Ibra late in game.

Or I could just keep saving coins lol.

Im saving coins for now,nothing of interest in my case but i have a super loaded team. Pic ure current team and maybe i see an idea

Sane here lol :( I'll never replace Tevez or Ibra because no striker comes close to them until about the 2m range lol. Nedved and Cannavaro stay on the squad and Baresi is the SBC. I swap Marcelo and Matuidi in game and realistically Marcelo is one of the best cms I've ever used, no one has the pace, defense, passing and skills in the midfield that he does for the price, and Bentacur is killing it too.

So realistically Stoichkov(been great so far) is the only changeable position(but what can 460k do?) or Neuer but hes been great except the odd game here or there.

HJXCCqO.jpg

• Addicksfan
    3293 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 14
    CL RTTF Cards are going a bit crazy....

Brought an Aurier for 95K two weeks ago, hitting 170 now and probably get to 250K by the time he hits 88

Also Kimpembe, I got him for 280K, looks like he'll hit 400K to 450K by the time he gets to 88...
  • Tof33z
    Addicksfan wrote: »

Brought an Aurier for 95K two weeks ago, hitting 170 now and probably get to 250K by the time he hits 88

Also Kimpembe, I got him for 280K, looks like he'll hit 400K to 450K by the time he gets to 88...

Had his rttf a while back and sold it on, good decision me, as usual. His NIF plays so well though, I just put the coins elsewhere
  • Addicksfan
    Tof33z wrote: »

Had his rttf a while back and sold it on, good decision me, as usual. His NIF plays so well though, I just put the coins elsewhere

Agree that his NIF is a solid card but when he gets to 88 there should and I say should be a noticeable difference between his NIF and the RTTF
  • Tof33z

Agree that his NIF is a solid card but when he gets to 88 there should and I say should be a noticeable difference between his NIF and the RTTF

I'd say so. It was quite marginal up till now but an 88 is going to be pretty monstrous
  • Absting159
    6796 posts Moderator
    Since I sold most of my trade pile I went all in again and the sales are oddly consistent via lazy buyer method. That has me interested atleast in that for the moment.

Not sure whats happening tomorrow but we'll see!

@PelzyWelzy Keeping you hooked, LOL.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9469 posts League Winner
    Guys. I’ve had a bit of a torrid time with Messi overnight and not sure how I can fix it.

Basically, have gone from a fully right footed front three with the typical big man, little man combo upfront to predominately lefties with differening workrates and it’s proved to be a bit of a shambles so far :joy:

Messi has been largely anonymous, dropping in to a more LCM role during games and when I go get him on the ball just thjnk I’m trying too much - am consciously taking that extra second to work on to his left by which time I’ve been savaged by VVD or Varane!

It’s little things like losing headers from GK’s now too... with Arnie up top rarely lost one, but Griez and Suarez collectively win about one a game haha.

Feel like I’m playing a completely different game all of a sudden, and the frustration in my disjointed attack is filtering down to defending as well - am rushing everything, charging around and rightly getting punished for it.

Team feels an absolute mess atm.

Reckon it’s just a case of sticking with it for 10-20 games to get accustomed to things? I don’t really have the coins to make drastic changes so a little stuck as to what to do. Have about 50k and a tradeable suarez and that’s about it :joy:
  • Tof33z
    Guys. I’ve had a bit of a torrid time with Messi overnight and not sure how I can fix it.

Basically, have gone from a fully right footed front three with the typical big man, little man combo upfront to predominately lefties with differening workrates and it’s proved to be a bit of a shambles so far :joy:

Messi has been largely anonymous, dropping in to a more LCM role during games and when I go get him on the ball just thjnk I’m trying too much - am consciously taking that extra second to work on to his left by which time I’ve been savaged by VVD or Varane!

It’s little things like losing headers from GK’s now too... with Arnie up top rarely lost one, but Griez and Suarez collectively win about one a game haha.

Feel like I’m playing a completely different game all of a sudden, and the frustration in my disjointed attack is filtering down to defending as well - am rushing everything, charging around and rightly getting punished for it.

Reckon it’s just a case of sticking with it for 10-20 games to get accustomed to things? I don’t really have the coins to make drastic changes so a little stuck as to what to do. Have about 50k and a tradeable suarez and that’s about it :joy:

always think the WF thing is overdone tbh when I had Griez half his goals were WF.

You could try some different dpad options maybe like a 4321 with the forwards on the side that suits their strong foot - might make it more natural feeling

but like you say just some more time with it will likely make a difference
  • PelzyWelzy
    9469 posts League Winner

always think the WF thing is overdone tbh when I had Griez half his goals were WF.

You could try some different dpad options maybe like a 4321 with the forwards on the side that suits their strong foot - might make it more natural feeling

Yeah man, I’m probably just thinking about it all a little too much tbh - keep finding myself thinking “shift it on to his left” before either player has collected a pass instead of just letting things flow atm :joy:

I’ll give it more time, am sure my rhythm will come soon enough... pretty determined to get Messi clicking, which is something I’ve not had in a while. Bit of motivation to play.
  • Davvebingan
    2350 posts Fans' Favourite
    My team
    4-EB5-A108-09-AF-40-D6-9-F5-B-600-DF50-ED3-A1.png

In game
    16-C6-AD03-B3-F2-48-EB-A789-DE27-FF856-F65.png

Record 1-0

Form W

G1 1-0, comfortable but annoying game where I should have scored more
    Goals Zlatan
    Assists Alves

Total goals and assists
    Zlatan 1-0
    Alves 0-1
  • Addicksfan

Yeah man, I’m probably just thinking about it all a little too much tbh - keep finding myself thinking “shift it on to his left” before either player has collected a pass instead of just letting things flow atm :joy:

I’ll give it more time, am sure my rhythm will come soon enough... pretty determined to get Messi clicking, which is something I’ve not had in a while. Bit of motivation to play.

@PelzyWelzy go 4-4-2, easily my favourite formation since the patch.....it is so solid both in defense and attack. Use Messi uptop with F9 instruction only, if you can play him next to a target man all the better
  • Davvebingan
    My team

In game

Record 1-1

Form WL

G2 1-9, He was good but had Help from EA, every **** pass that could be misinterpreted was, my shooting was bad, he scored rebounds voices and via my players that might as well have been mannequins. I think he would have scored equally as many goals if I would have played without goalie as well
    Goals Zlatan
    Assists Messi

Total goals and assists
    Zlatan 2-0
    Messi 0-1
    Alves 0-1
  • PelzyWelzy
    9469 posts League Winner

@PelzyWelzy go 4-4-2, easily my favourite formation since the patch.....it is so solid both in defense and attack. Use Messi uptop with F9 instruction only, if you can play him next to a target man all the better

I played 442 all year last year, never deviating and loved it but struggled early on this year and gave up on it.

Might give it another go actually. Cheers
  • Davvebingan
    My team

In game

Record 1-2

Form WLL

G2 1-8, He was a skiller and even if I read him correct my player went the wrong way 50% of the times, also had the same EAids as the last game
    Goals Zlatan
    Assists Ronaldinho

Total goals and assists
    Zlatan 3-0
    Messi 0-1
    Ronaldinho 0-1
    Alves 0-1
  • Addicksfan
    My team

In game

Record 1-2

Form WLL

G2 1-8, He was a skiller and even if I read him correct my player went the wrong way 50% of the times, also had the same EAids as the last game
    Goals Zlatan
    Assists Ronaldinho

Total goals and assists
    Zlatan 3-0
    Messi 0-1
    Ronaldinho 0-1
    Alves 0-1

Take a break fella......you'll only get triggered
  • Daveofwales01
    8348 posts League Winner
    Played 2, lost on pens then got smashed 5-0, very unresponsive gameplay, button delay, players tiring very quickly despite playing balanced on both, turned it off
  • Ugri
    6632 posts Big Money Move
    Gl with WL guys, im skipping this week
  • Ugri
    6632 posts Big Money Move
    Do we know when the live CL and Europa League items get the upgrade? Thx
  • Davvebingan
    My team

In game

Record 1-2

Form WLL

Goals Zlatan
    Assists Ronaldinho

Total goals and assists
    Zlatan 3-0
    Messi 0-1
    Ronaldinho 0-1
    Alves 0-1

Take a break fella......you'll only get triggered

Yeah did that
  • Davvebingan
    edited February 15