The Semi-g00d FIFA 19 Experience

Comments

• Addicksfan
    3298 posts National Call-Up
    Trying to snipe a Davinson Sanchez is worse than having your privates vigorously sand papered!!

My god, everytime he appears I miss out.........how quick must you be to snipe him.....autobuyers me thinks!!
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    Trying to snipe a Davinson Sanchez is worse than having your privates vigorously sand papered!!

My god, everytime he appears I miss out.........how quick must you be to snipe him.....autobuyers me thinks!!

Is that from personal experience??? :flushed:
  • Addicksfan

HAHA.....well it's how I imagine it feels, it really has been that painful
  • PelzyWelzy
    9720 posts League Winner

Nah, there's more to this story than 'I imagine that's how it feels'.

Fess up bro, you're in to all sorts of freaky... ain't ya?
  • Ugri
    6920 posts Big Money Move
    Ugri wrote: »
    The team after 2 purchases (Canelo as investment :) )

fS1NROt.jpg

hernandez as lb? Expensive for 11k :lol:

The only issue with the RB investment is if he gets an OTW the price of the IF will take a hit.......Although I thought I heard that Ronaldo is getting one....so will there be two OTW from one team??

I hope not, i will risk it this year as last year i didnt, hope i dont get screwed..
  • Ugri

fS1NROt.jpg

The only issue with the RB investment is if he gets an OTW the price of the IF will take a hit.......Although I thought I heard that Ronaldo is getting one....so will there be two OTW from one team??

any suggestions for the team?
  • Addicksfan
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »

Well I live pretty close to Reading, if that counts for anything :p
  • Orison
    49556 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Finished my placement matches - 4 win, 1 loss and put in Div 5.

Don't know if that's decent or not :joy:

Everyone gets put in divs 4-6 so you are in the middle, probably close to div 4 already tho.
  • Last year when i get pressed at the back i used to change tactic to possession in d pad so I have more passing options around. Any idea if there's any such thing in 19? Cant seem to find anything related in 19 d pad options
  • Arsenalfan97
    7753 posts League Winner
    I’ve played 5 games today drawn 2 and lost 3 I won my 2 games yesterday can’t tell if my team isn’t good enough or if I need to change formation. I’m really struggling to score goals and everyone is just hitting long range finesse shots against me. Crossing to Tosun doesn’t really work at all for me :(
  • UTG
    2412 posts Fans' Favourite
    Agree on the struggle.

Hopped on this morning to play through the qualifiers...
    s2s683.png

Maybe should have waited a few days. :D Guess it doesn't really matter. Team is playing well and I'm averaging around 15 shots a game, but can't get a second or third to kill matches off (a lot of blocked shots and squandered opportunities atm).
  • Ugri
    UTG wrote: »
    Agree on the struggle.

s2s683.png

Maybe should have waited a few days. :D Guess it doesn't really matter. Team is playing well and I'm averaging around 15 shots a game, but can't get a second or third to kill matches off (a lot of blocked shots and squandered opportunities atm).

We all get to div5 or 4 so.doesent really matter. I had 3w,1d and 1l and got div 5with higher skill point.
  • PelzyWelzy
    9720 posts League Winner

Well I live pretty close to Reading, if that counts for anything :p

Explains a lot

:smiley:
  • UTG
    UTG wrote: »
    Agree on the struggle.

s2s683.png

We all get to div5 or 4 so.doesent really matter. I had 3w,1d and 1l and got div 5with higher skill point.

Some people have crazy teams already too - high-end NIFs and a couple of Legends. Bumped into 92 Figo in one of the games, and while the player wasn't great he was still a nightmare to play against. Roll on Friday. :blush:
  • PelzyWelzy
    9720 posts League Winner
    @UTG - Yeah, the struggle is real.

Despite winning four on the trot I never once felt in total control of matches. Was misplacing passes regularly, very little conviction in my shooting etc (first match was a disaster - Belotti hit the post twice, SMS once and Perisic also :joy:). Been starting 4411 in matches but definitely got a better hold of games when switching to 4231 at HT. At this point I'm just playing around with formations etc, trying to see what works and what doesn't, and still can't quite decide on a formation to stick with. May go 4321 rest of week.

My placement thingy looked like this -

9fN92yc.jpg

Skill points seem low to me but then again I am utter **** atm. :joy: Going from 18, to PES 19 and then this has been a mare. So many bad habits to shake!
  • Ugri

fS1NROt.jpg

any suggestions for the team?

Help! Need to finish before prices go up :wink:
  • Absting159
    6977 posts Moderator
    edited September 2018
    Before my trial ran out I was in Rank II in Div 5. I was like 7-3 ish. Im hoping I’m still there tomorrow haha.
  • jdros
    2607 posts Fans' Favourite
    Absting159 wrote: »
    Before my trial ran out I was in Rank II in Div 5. I was like 7-3 ish. Im hoping I’m still there tomorrow haha.

I went 3-1-1 in qualifying but I’ve been struggling in the actual rivals matches. I really feel the difference in my starter team now vs using loan players before. Plus I think I might be making things difficult on myself playing 3412 at the moment, doesn’t feel as good as last year (that could also be the lesser cards I’m using though).

Might mess around with different formations, still want to play 3atb if I can, but going to try 343, 3421 and 3142 to see if any of those are better against deep lying opponents. Or hope things improve as I get better cards and the inevitable patch arrives.
  • Ugri
    Absting159 wrote: »

Same here :smile: Im on 6500points
    Whats best reward in ure view? Coins only or tradable pack?
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Nice one @Addicksfan - that's just :open_mouth: on the kid's a/c.

@PelzyWelzy … congrats on Bale & as its been said, sell him & get Dybala ASAP. Dybala is the link with Messi too, so would be very surprised if he drops.

@Ugri … honestly, looking at people's clubs/teams and I haven't a clue. Got another 17 hours to go before I can get access to the game proper. Probably won't do anything then anyway (will be midnight) so may be up early tomorrow morning rather.
  • UTG
    @UTG - Yeah, the struggle is real.

Despite winning four on the trot I never once felt in total control of matches. Was misplacing passes regularly, very little conviction in my shooting etc (first match was a disaster - Belotti hit the post twice, SMS once and Perisic also :joy:). Been starting 4411 in matches but definitely got a better hold of games when switching to 4231 at HT. At this point I'm just playing around with formations etc, trying to see what works and what doesn't, and still can't quite decide on a formation to stick with. May go 4321 rest of week.

My placement thingy looked like this -

9fN92yc.jpg

Skill points seem low to me but then again I am utter **** atm. :joy: Going from 18, to PES 19 and then this has been a mare. So many bad habits to shake!

I'm still in the habit of trying to press like crazy because of a few weeks of PES. :confounded:

How have you found Perisic so far? Might move the team around a bit to fit him in (on 7, but his stats still look decent).

• Arsenalfan97
    7753 posts League Winner
    Had a mare today finally won a game 1 win out of 9 lol really not sure how these custom tactics work I’m using 4-3-3(2) and 4-3-2-1 atm any tactics and instructions I could borrow guys?
  • Ventieeeeee
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    Looking forward to today.

The girlfriend is gone all day :)
    I'm free from work :#
    Gonna grind to rank 1 rivals and finish all the sbc

Perfect day o:)
  • Ugri
    Looking forward to today.

The girlfriend is gone all day :)
    I'm free from work :#
    Gonna grind to rank 1 rivals and finish all the sbc

Perfect day o:)

Good luck! I leave for a 3 business trip today :(
  • Last year when i get pressed at the back i used to change tactic to possession in d pad so I have more passing options around. Any idea if there's any such thing in 19? Cant seem to find anything related in 19 d pad options

Anyone??? thx
  • Ventieeeeee
    Constant pressure is too OP. It changes the game so much gonna be horrible when the good players use it against us.
  • Ventieeeeee
    Really struggling to like this game... Win or lose every game is just so chaotic. In this current state weekend league will be the worst it has ever been.
  • Ugri
    I just played 2 Rivals games before going to airport and they were not fun. I played very well tbh but both opponents had all the loan ronaldo, neymar mbappe etc. im on 7000points, probably not enough to stay in RankII. I do see the constant pressure in the game, it is a bit too much but you can slow the game down and tiki taka, at least what i do and this forces opponents into making errors and then you win on the counter.
  • Ugri
    Would you get Telles - 13k or Alba at 55k. I can stretch Alba if i sell some stuff but dont want to loose big...
  • Ugri
    In Rivals if you quit a game (I had a rq myelf) u dont get any points and u get a penalty in skill points...probably common knowledge but still wanted to share
This discussion has been closed.