I've become the worst player at FIFA

Jonboyparker
5275 posts Big Money Move
edited September 2018
Suddenly I've become the worst player on FIFA 18.

I've played nearly 50 games online over the last week. (Seasons and online singles) I've won 1. It doesn't matter who I play or what team I play against, I can't do anything in game. My god squad against your NIF squad. You will win. I'm not a great player but I'm not bad. I was in D1, now in D3.

I know deep down its probably me, but surely there is someone that I can beat?

Starting to wonder if it's my connection? I've not xhanged anything team wise but I have noticed a lot of my moves are not coming off. Like fake shot. I fake and it shoots for example. Maybe in my head?

I can go onto SB right now and win 5-0 on legendary no problem but as soon as I go online, there's no point me even being there. Everything just seems off.

Thanks
Post edited by Jonboyparker on

Comments

• Ballist1x
    1702 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018
    Happened to me. I've been solid in div1 for a while then suddenly I started losing virtually every match (after buying 94 son).

And got relegated to div3...

So I sold Son, bought a new team with Cr7 in it and am about to win div2 after winning div3.

So strange...

Edit tldr

Sell your team and buy a new one.
  • UrboiStev
    282 posts Sunday League Hero
    Hi all,

I didn't want to right this but I feel like I'm stuck in a never ending whole. It's quite embassessing tbh considering I was doing pretty well at the game (well above average).

I've played near 50 games online over the last week. (Seasons and online singles) I've won 1. It doesn't matter who I play or what team I play against, I can't do anything in game. My god squad against your NIF squad. You will win.

I'm not a great player but I'm not bad. I was in D1, I've played some weekend leagues. I keep thinking maybe I get matched up against someone who's better than me... Well that's fine but 49 times??? Surely there are some bad players still playing FIFA right?

Every game is the same. I pass, it gets blocked. My players don't move. I try a skill move and it doesn't do it. I pass to 1 player and it passes somewhere else. No power on my driven shots or passes. Shots over the bar constantly. Tracking runners and the ball goes though them. First touch is awful everytime.

I know deep down its probably me, and I know some of this is lack of skill but surely there is someone that I can beat? I'm really not this bad. I even tested the glitches and even they don't come off.

Is it's just me? How do I test this? I can go onto SB right now and win 5-0 on legendary no problem but as soon as I go online, there's no point me even being there.

My internet is not the best but I'm not one for blaming machines. Would this effect it?

Thanks

DM me, I will change Ur fortune.
  • WarrenBarton
    7321 posts Big Money Move
    Must be your connection combined with frustration.
    Reset your router, open the correct ports etc.. drink a pint of water and eat some oily fish. This is the cure for your woes o:)
  • Jonboyparker
    Reset your router, open the correct ports etc.. drink a pint of water and eat some oily fish. This is the cure for your woes o:)

I wrote this post Over a week ago! It's only just popped up :D I did an Internet test and it seems ok although not the best.
  • WarrenBarton
    7321 posts Big Money Move

I wrote this post Over a week ago! It's only just popped up :D I did an Internet test and it seems ok although not the best.

You have a one week lag on the Fifa forums :D
    Any more wins since?
  • Jonboyparker
    edited September 2018

You have a one week lag on the Fifa forums :D
    Any more wins since?

Yeah it's funny! It said 'waiting for authorisation' or something on those lines :D

It's not been great. Not played a full match really. Got a few rage quits against some players that were just poor but nothing special.

Been in FIFA 19 demo mostly. Fake shots still shooting instead of faking. Not all the time. Maybe I've lost my timings. I cant score many goals that's for sure.
  • Byrnzie28
    1781 posts Fans' Favourite

How do you ‘open the correct ports’?
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    Have you tried the delete squad trick?
    I dunno if that's all in the head aswell, but if I go on a long losing streak, or my team just 'dont feel right' I'll do it, seems to rectify things, but again, it might just be a mental thing
  • CharlieC
    6193 posts Big Money Move
    I hate the long losing streaks. If the software was programmed so that your players actually started to get stale after playing the same team for quite some time, I wouldn't be surprised. It would be nice if that was transparent though. It does happen irl, when a team buys a new player which in turn means competition for places and all of a sudden there's a boost. Interesting.
  • Theomanny
    1514 posts Play-Off Hero
    It’s a bug. Go to your play station storage, delete all Fifa saved data. Turn off connection and restart game. Did u notice ur defenders are not reacting well and leaving space for people to attack while the idiot commentators keep telling you every game your players body language speaks to why u r losing?. That’s when I know my al has gone to sleep and needs resetting. Try that see what happens. If no luck then your connection has gone to pots.
  • Adrew
    228 posts Sunday League Hero
    I got the

I've played nearly 50 games online over the last week. (Seasons and online singles) I've won 1. It doesn't matter who I play or what team I play against, I can't do anything in game. My god squad against your NIF squad. You will win. I'm not a great player but I'm not bad. I was in D1, now in D3.

Starting to wonder if it's my connection? I've not xhanged anything team wise but I have noticed a lot of my moves are not coming off. Like fake shot. I fake and it shoots for example. Maybe in my head?

I can go onto SB right now and win 5-0 on legendary no problem but as soon as I go online, there's no point me even being there. Everything just seems off.

Thanks

Yes, I got the same thing at the last weekend, down straight from div 1 to div 3 (strange thing was that in div 1 I got 12 points, then in div 2 I got only 7 points), suddently meeting too many strong opponents (and my defensive players were suddenly bad)

2 months ago I went to the 23 match-losing streak, down from dov 2 to div 7 (same players and formation 41212-2), so I decided to sell most of my plaers and build a new squad with new formation of 4222, then I went back to div 2-3 and got 15 wins out of 40 matches WL. Then after that I switched back to 41212-2 and did feel ok for reaching div 1 (and stayed there for few seasons) before having the recent losing streak and back to div 3.

So I guess that the losing streak would happen to most of us, no matter what we do. Maybe the best solution is to leave it for a while, or to change players or formation.

• ON3_SHOT187
    514 posts An Exciting Prospect
    @wade_7_ @CharlieC @Theomanny

Very interesting theories! Personally when I go on a losing streak, I notice some of the things u guys mentioned...

Things like unresponsive AI leaving space for opponent attackers, heavy delay which seems to be one sided as the opponent is able to do quick sharp turns and one touch ping-pong passes while my players are stuck in mud.

I usually just restart my Internet and that usually fixes the issue. I can't delete the squad as I don't have the energy to reapply the custom tactics and player instructions everytime this happens.

I also agree with @Adrew as sometimes the best solution is just to walk away instead of trying to force the play with an angry mind lol.
  • grabberpresident
    632 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Div 3 and the worst player? Lol
  • selb
    6372 posts Big Money Move
    Div 3 and the worst player? Lol

I'm guessing you didn't actually read what was written coz if you did you'd see that he lost 49 out of 50 games, which in essence would make him a really bad player (Not saying you are Jonboy)
  • Lee321
    754 posts Semi-Pro

Thanks

Same hear pal the last few weeks I’ve been losing games I would of won all year it’s like they want u to put u off Fifa 18 to push u to Fifa 19
  • Decee
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    I went from Div 1 to div 3 and would have went to 4 if I didn't win my last game.

I just can't explain it.
  • Ballist1x
    1702 posts Play-Off Hero
    Decee wrote: »
    I went from Div 1 to div 3 and would have went to 4 if I didn't win my last game.

I just can't explain it.

Happened to me. Bought a new team and straight back to.div1
  • Adrew
    228 posts Sunday League Hero
    Decee wrote: »

I just can't explain it.

Me too, I just escaped the relegation to div 4 by winning the last match. Just hitting bar and posts too many times, and all defenders and CDMs just didn’t do their jobs. Unbelievable.
  • THJ71
    732 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2018
    Adrew wrote: »

Me too, I just escaped the relegation to div 4 by winning the last match. Just hitting bar and posts too many times, and all defenders and CDMs just didn’t do their jobs. Unbelievable.

Save here just about

In Div 4 dominating my opponent and hitting the post or bar loads of times recently, and also skying shots over from 10 yards or less even with hardly no power on the shots, and then my defence packs up or gets dragged out of position by the dodgy games AI and my opponent is through...scores, goal out of nowhere

Fifa 19 will be no different and that is why I not getting it. There is just way too much rubbish that goes off that is out of your control
  • oneskyworld
    1025 posts Professional
    I just experienced the same thing. my defender just standing there like four posts. and my attacking player will lose ball for no reason when dribbling, without any opponent near him.
    I don't really think it's the connection issue. it's really the AI deciding. I'm rotating four squads right now, so does delete a squad help?

anyway, maybe it's EA's tactic to make you frustrated on the 18, and go ahead to buy 19.
  • it’s similar to apple nerfing their devices before they release their new phones. they want people to get the new one