When are newly promoted PL face scans added?

LordBob
80 posts Park Captain
edited September 2018
All newly promoted premier league teams have their faces scanned. (So Wolves, Cardiff & Fulham)
I read some rather terrible youtube comments that these scans aren't actually added to the game until November...
Is this a load of fluff!?

Comments

• Thamightyboro
    7725 posts League Winner
    LordBob wrote: »
    All newly promoted premier league teams have their faces scanned. (So Wolves, Cardiff & Fulham)
    I read some rather terrible youtube comments that these scans aren't actually added to the game until November...
    Is this a load of fluff!?

As a boro fan I remember it being around Nov/Dec when FIFA 17 added them in.
  • Micola789
    552 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Unfortunately yeah it’s usually November when the scans are added
  • LordBob
    80 posts Park Captain
    Why?
    Why on earth do we have to wait that long?

I bet that goes down a treat with all the fans. 'omgg my teams going to be in the game. >buy it. >nowhere to be seen until November.'
    I know its not THAT far away but jesus wept.
  • Last year it was as early as October 31, but it's usually a little bit later than that.
  • Pwalie86
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Best thing to do is not choose a newly promoted team.
  • LordBob
    80 posts Park Captain
    Am I assuming right that if you start a career mode with these teams - their faces will update and you can just carry on your current career mode etc? Don't have to start again?
  • LordBob wrote: »
    Am I assuming right that if you start a career mode with these teams - their faces will update and you can just carry on your current career mode etc? Don't have to start again?

In previous FIFAs you would be incorrect in assuming that. I don't know for sure with FIFA 19 but it probably hasn't changed.
  • LordBob
    80 posts Park Captain
    It just makes no sense that the 'squad updates' which get released, especially just for faces, wouldn't apply across the board. Nevermind, I completely expected something like this from EA anyway.

Literally no point in starting career mode until November then. (for those teams anyway.)
  • Blackbird10
    1288 posts Professional
    It's probably due to the timescales. 3 promoted sides aren't confirmed until end of May. Some may then go on international duty and holiday until July. Then some teams go on training camps etc until early August. By this point, EA are more focused on sorting out the demo, marketing, etc, and teams are still buying and selling players. Then in September, it's all about fixing glitches within the game, making sure the servers are functioning, etc.

So they've got to fit in the face scans and construct them and implement them within the game after launch, basically.
  • LordBob
    80 posts Park Captain
    Pictures were leaked from one of the newly premier league teams showing their scans being conducted literally 2 weeks before the transfer deadline window. (which also makes no sense.. why not wait until after so all the player deals are done..?

It just seems like a massive waste of money to then revisit clubs between September-November to do more scanning or whatever.

WHO KNOWS HOW THE EVIL EA EMPIRE OPERATE~
  • LordBob
    80 posts Park Captain
    edited November 2018
    Alright ladies and gents.
    All of the newly promoted PL teams were added this time last year.

Where's the patch boys?
    @EA_Andy