Fifa Subscription Coming Next Year?

Hey guys,

I know this was discussed by Andrew Wilson late last year, but do you think next year Fifa is going go subscription?

I personally would really like it!

Kind regards,

James

Comments

• Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    I've never heard of this, please elaborate. How would it work?
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    Never mind, I looked it up. As long as it didn't impact being able to implement new features, which they seem to be considering given the change in how easy coding is, then I'd be all for it.

What I wouldn't like though, is if it meant they scaled back more on new features and spread them over 18 months rather than 12.

Contrary to the myth that some people like to perpetuate, each yewr isn't simply a patch with new kits and updated teams. If it became close to that it would be a big problem.
  • Yeah i agree - strangely i think i would love the subscription model - how do you think they would go about fut?
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    As long as the game is free that's fine. I'm not paying £50 them £10 a month for access. This is why microtranssctions annoy me so much, we've already paid for the game. If the game is free then it makes more sense.
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    fifa17uk wrote: »
    Yeah i agree - strangely i think i would love the subscription model - how do you think they would go about fut?

I've had a few thoughts

One thing they could do is move older cards to a different mode. Hearthstone, a card game, has a similar feature. They have 2 main competitive modes. 'standard' and 'wild'

In standard, you can only use cards released in that game year, which refreshes every 2 years and has 6 expansions across that time. After that, they all move to wild and in wild, you can use any cards ever released. If they did something similar, it could actually be pretty cool to play wild and have potm ibra from 17 (as an example, I would assume historic cards from pre launch would be gone) etc but in standard, only that's years cards could be used.

Even if they rotated wild out every couple years so you had this year in standard and then the last 2 years in wild, would keep some players and cards around for loads longer and could be. A more casual, less uber competitive mode because it could have a smaller reward mode but not on the level of fut champs. So all the top, competitive players would stick to standard for the most part
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018
    AFC_95 wrote: »
    As long as the game is free that's fine. I'm not paying £50 them £10 a month for access. This is why microtranssctions annoy me so much, we've already paid for the game. If the game is free then it makes more sense.

That's the point of a sub model, minus the initial cost of the game potentially but again, that's pretty normal. You would pay £50 once and then £5 per month for the next 3 years, for example but you wouldn't buy it every year.
  • Waveform2
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Useless idea for for those of us who dont play FUT