Best way to cross?

SonicKante
131 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Struggling to score headers. Or win them. CPU scores crosses quite a lot against me (legendary). Most goals I concede against them are off crosses. Any tips? Is assisted or semi better?

Comments

• Davvebingan
    2321 posts Fans' Favourite
    SonicKante wrote: »
    Struggling to score headers. Or win them. CPU scores crosses quite a lot against me (legendary). Most goals I concede against them are off crosses. Any tips? Is assisted or semi better?

I have the same problem it’s three alternatives on my crosses maybe
    1. Hit the first man
    2. Go past anyone
    3. To close to the goalie
    4. Sometimes I actually get a nice cross but then my player seem to be scared of the ball or something

Then the opposition counters and either my players are scared of the ball or it’s a perfect cross or the rebound goes straight to their player who scores
  • SonicKante
    131 posts Has Potential To Be Special

1. Hit the first man
    2. Go past anyone
    4. Sometimes I actually get a nice cross but then my player seem to be scared of the ball or something

Then the opposition counters and either my players are scared of the ball or it’s a perfect cross or the rebound goes straight to their player who scores

Problem is legendary CPU blocks middle out so much crosses are only option sometimes. Kinda annoying crosses are so erratic.
  • Davvebingan

1. Hit the first man
    2. Go past anyone

Problem is legendary CPU blocks middle out so much crosses are only option sometimes. Kinda annoying crosses are so erratic.

Yeah they park the bus and cramp the middle
  • mdizzl3
    12342 posts Has That Special Something
    I use R2 + cross. Which is R1 + cross as default I believe.
  • Davvebingan
    mdizzl3 wrote: »

Thanks will try it
  • ChrisW1991
    949 posts Professional
    When I go up for headers I usually use the strength button along with either X or O depending on the situation
  • Davvebingan
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    When I go up for headers I usually use the strength button along with either X or O depending on the situation

Which is that
  • Peanut2000
    516 posts An Exciting Prospect

What cross is that?
  • Jonboyparker
    5277 posts Big Money Move
    How do you defend a cross? The AI gets their head on everything.
  • Leandrinho
    1104 posts Professional
    Head to the ground when you have the chance (L1+R1+O)
  • Davvebingan
    Leandrinho wrote: »
    Head to the ground when you have the chance (L1+R1+O)

Ok
  • Jonboyparker
    5277 posts Big Money Move

I tried R1 and cross. It fizzes it I now and just gets cleared :'(

Why do all my crosses get cleared and theirs are locked onto a head. Also I clear and it goes to them. They clear and its goes to them. Argh! This is driving me crazy!
  • Lashley
    494 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I usually use the RB cross, you have to make sure your player is in space though, pointless crossing if the box is filled with defenders
  • mdizzl3
    12342 posts Has That Special Something

I tried R1 and cross. It fizzes it I now and just gets cleared :'(

Why do all my crosses get cleared and theirs are locked onto a head. Also I clear and it goes to them. They clear and its goes to them. Argh! This is driving me crazy!

@Jonboyparker try a normal cross but much earlier on. Cross before you get in-line with the box
  • MaldinisHeir
    342 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2018
    I've finally managed to score from a few crosses but one only was a header. The others were crappy volleys that sort of rolled across the line......yeahhhhhh......

The header I did score was quite nice but my main issue now seems to be actually being able to head the ball.

I think I'm going to have to put more air under my crosses to get up to the head.

Also I read somewhere that early crosses are key this year and that's proven to be the case in recent games.
  • Peanut2000
    516 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Have the crosses changed buttons on fifa 19? Last year L2 and square was like a looping cross