EA please: fifa 19 demo = final version, do not change it!

Altair14
198 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited September 2018
the demo is fantastic, I was surprised, amused, impressed much more than the demo of fifa 18.
amazing gameplay , physics of the ball, physics of contrasts, animations and IA of CPU and the pace at normal speed is very good, I expect a slower speed slower than 18.

please, do not ruin Fifa with patches like every year.

every year the Demo is always better than the final game, both as a rhythm and more.

September 28 I want to see the final game IDENTICAL to the Demo, do not speed up the pace I beg you! you have made a great fifa in my opinion, do not ruin it with the patches .

the serious Fifa community asks for this.

finally this year there seems to be a very good pace, more reasoned is a CPU AI very varied, easy and fun with players who point and who press a lot, all good things for a career even more beautiful.

DO NOT SPEED UP THE GAME, please!

Comments

• SonicKante
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I agree. I wasn't going to buy fifa 19, but the demo has me thinking I will buy it (if they don't change it)
  • Benja190782
    1149 posts Professional
    I completely agree!

This demo has changed FIFA into a fun game again. The passing is less assisted and feels more skill based which is lovely.

Ball physics are much more realistic, and fatigue also.

I really hope the final version plays like this.

Please don’t ruin the game with a patch again.

The demo is spot on! True football experience that takes some skills.
  • Nervous_Nick
    5048 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah it’s really good...please don’t mess with it...
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Well they've said the build at the capture event is newer. But all Corey said is that it's smoother.
  • SR8
    225 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    SonicKante wrote: »
    I agree. I wasn't going to buy fifa 19, but the demo has me thinking I will buy it (if they don't change it)

Better wait for the first patch, before buying.

• ManzGOTIT
    2195 posts Fans' Favourite
    I see a thread like this every year on the forums
    It’s really sad tbh
  • MrMack08
    401 posts Sunday League Hero
    Well sorry to bring this to you but the demo is an old build so the full game will be a bit different ofcourse
  • mdizzl3
    12307 posts Has That Special Something
    I completely agree!

This demo has changed FIFA into a fun game again. The passing is less assisted and feels more skill based which is lovely.

Ball physics are much more realistic, and fatigue also.

I really hope the final version plays like this.

Please don’t ruin the game with a patch again.

The demo is spot on! True football experience that takes some skills.

@Benja190782 you can adjust the pass assist level. By default the passes are assisted, if you want to play a more skill.based game, knock it down to semi or manual!

• Last night, I played the best game of Fifa I have ever played! I’m, shall we say, one of the more mature gamers and do not ever touch the online side of things where Fifa is concerned (just not for me). I’m a career mode, broadcast camera kind of guy. I like realistic!!!! Must have played about 15 games last night on the demo (Xbox One x) and my anticipation for full release has gone through the roof. By the way, I was totally underwhelmed after playing the Fifa 18 demo last year.

Last night I witnessed:
    -Excellent night lighting on my Samsung HDR tv (I had to play SDR last year, as the HDR was the worst I’ve ever seen in a game, especially during night games-did someone turn the floodlights off!? and who decided to paint the goalposts grey? This toned down the immersive factor for me big time.
    -Exellent pre CL match presentation build-up. The stadium graphics and all round colour/volumetric lighting/ambience are a big step up from 18.
    -The in-game player graphics are even more pleasing to the eye. Player animations have clearly received a boost (a lot less robotic and stuttery). Goalkeeper and jumping/heading animations especially stood out to me last night. Skill moves are also very pleasing to the eye, although I don’t overdo them, but the odd cheeky step over looks ace.
    -Ball physics have improved a lot. Spraying balls around has never been so much fun. Ground passes have realistic pace and grass slowdown and ball deflections are great too. Crosses also have a different kind of feel to them in a very good way imo.
    -I love the A.I on the demo- they slide tackle, perform the odd skill move, overhit long passes/crosses at times, shoot realistically off target at times (I witnessed a ‘row Z’ last night). I play world class, mostly manual by the way. I like a challenge and have to work for a goal and the new shooting system is something that I don’t mind at all. You see players miss sitters on a regular basis and this just adds to the realism for me.
    -Crowds sound fantastic this year. The sound seems to echo around the stadium when a big chant is going off. I also like it when Real get a corner at the Bernabeu and the crowd roar in anticipation, although I don’t recall this as when I was Man U as the home team, at the Bernabeu, playing against spurs. I’m really hyped for the Spanish league this year!!
    - I noticed the physicality much more on the 19 demo. Any random player seemed to be barging their way around on 18, regardless of size, whereas on the 19 demo the match-ups had realistic outcomes. This is obviously the new 50/50 feature EA have implemented this year.
    - The pace of the game is spot on for ‘normal’ on the demo, although I usually go for ‘slow’ on full release. I could quite happily play normal this year. I like to build up my play and not try and get to the opposing goal in a few seconds. I’ve no doubt that the FUT players will all be tearing their hair out at this.
    To quote a previous poster on the forum...EA, PLEASE DO NOT PATCH THIS GREAT GAMEPLAY THIS YEAR!!

If the kids demand fixes, make the patches optional and not compulsory.

Roll on the 28th...
  • Demo is great. One thing im concerned is one time during counter-attack the cpu instead of covering the player (me) running with the ball it shifted to the left thus leaving me an open space to sprint on then when it tried to cover back it was already too late. Is this a bug or something?
  • Altair14
    198 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I Hope that EA not change ti with stupid patch
  • ManzGOTIT
    Altair14 wrote: »
    I Hope that EA not change ti with stupid patch

That’s my worry. Typical EA do it every year it’s annoying
  • CarpeDiem
    1482 posts Play-Off Hero
    Unless there is something game breaking the devs have already said there won't be a patch to early.

The demo of course is an old build to what was played at the capture event, but those at that said it's even better than the demo.
  • Aqeel87
    2363 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah it’s really good...please don’t mess with it...

• Knowlesdinho
    10016 posts Has That Special Something
    Even if they don’t patch it, all it will take is for the server to go down for an hour to get the forum conspiracy theorists going.
  • BLqzTT
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Most people are playing against the AI, it’s so different playing a real person
  • Benja190782
    1149 posts Professional
    CarpeDiem wrote: »
    Unless there is something game breaking the devs have already said there won't be a patch to early.

The demo of course is an old build to what was played at the capture event, but those at that said it's even better than the demo.

That sounds good but does it mean that the final build will feel even more simulated and less arcadey, because if they said “it’s even better than the demo” I hope it means even more a simulation of football.

Do we have any contact to those people here on the forum?
  • Gervonta
    3725 posts National Call-Up
    Think there’s one thing that needs changing.

Bloody lee Dixon! I don’t know how much I’ll be able to put up with “ what do you rate this and that lee”

“ 7 maybe an 8” or whatever he says :lol:
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    Altair14 wrote: »
    the demo is fantastic, I was surprised, amused, impressed much more than the demo of fifa 18.
    amazing gameplay , physics of the ball, physics of contrasts, animations and IA of CPU and the pace at normal speed is very good, I expect a slower speed slower than 18.

please, do not ruin Fifa with patches like every year.

every year the Demo is always better than the final game, both as a rhythm and more.

September 28 I want to see the final game IDENTICAL to the Demo, do not speed up the pace I beg you! you have made a great fifa in my opinion, do not ruin it with the patches .

the serious Fifa community asks for this.

finally this year there seems to be a very good pace, more reasoned is a CPU AI very varied, easy and fun with players who point and who press a lot, all good things for a career even more beautiful.

DO NOT SPEED UP THE GAME, please!

Whilst I agree with you, you can't say this 'the serious Fifa community asks for this.'

You aren't a spokesperson for the 'serious Fifa community'
  • ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    It’s really sad tbh

looool. so true man. every single year these people froth at the gash and get overly excited. it’s crazy.

• mdizzl3
    12307 posts Has That Special Something
    aladdin wrote: »
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    It’s really sad tbh

looool. so true man. every single year these people froth at the gash and get overly excited. it’s crazy.

Haven't heard that lovely expression for a while. That Corey dude has tweeted that he acknowledges the community do not want a game breaking patch.we shall see what happens but it's a bold move of his if the plan on releasing a big gameplay patch
  • ManzGOTIT
    aladdin wrote: »
    ManzGOTIT wrote: »
    It’s really sad tbh

Yeah man, I first saw the difference in FIFA 11 where the demo was arguably the best FIFA I have ever played then they patched it up and even though it was fun it was no where near the greatness of the demo

Since then they've been doing the same, so every single year I see a thread like this and then EA dissapoint

I hope they dont adjust it because as it is right now, it's a lot of fun

(Also to the guy who mentioned Lee Dixon needs binning, he's trash, I'm so sick and tired of his voice)
  • greif44
    2280 posts Fans' Favourite
    I also checked out the demo. It feels much more realistic compared to arcade FIFA 18. If EA will leave the game as it is, that`d be great.
  • FifaVet
    62 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They will bring a patch and the game will get worse again. Just like they did with every fifa. You guys don't learn. They bait you with a awesome demo,but they can't leave the game this way because of the skill gap. So they have to bring a patch that changes the game to make the skill gap smaller. Especially passing will change.

How many FIFAs do you guys need to understand?
  • I SiR MartY I
    5440 posts Big Money Move
    CarpeDiem wrote: »

Shame they didn't hear people asking for changes to modes outside of UT....
  • Moiizer
    5855 posts Big Money Move
    People thinking demo gameplay will be anything like FUT.........
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited September 2018
    Gervonta wrote: »
    Think there’s one thing that needs changing.

Bloody lee Dixon! I don’t know how much I’ll be able to put up with “ what do you rate this and that lee”

“ 7 maybe an 8” or whatever he says :lol:

Commentary is a non issue really. You can switch it off, it’s the first thing I do. It’s always going to be repetitive if you’re hearing it every game. Lots of people listen to their own music while playing.

Like on PES - how anyone can listen to Peter Dreary and Jim Beglin every game is beyond me. Dreary is painful in reality let alone in game - that guy could somehow hype a cockroach race and try and turn it into some poetic nonsense. Same with Martin Tyler and Alan Smith, I like Tyler irl but every game with the same commentary on FIFA, no thanks.
  • boomtw3
    350 posts Sunday League Hero
    They need to change the defending. In 18, you have to release RB and press again to switch the player AI is controlling. That was OP but now you can press RB all game. Add that to just pressing contain button and defending is fully automatic like legacy defending.
  • AliasMaurice
    1900 posts Fans' Favourite
    Moiizer wrote: »
    People thinking demo gameplay will be anything like FUT.........

Exactly. That's the acid test
  • ez1907
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    I dont understand,how people still getting hyped with the demo..

The final version will be all about pace,blind pingpong pass and bad goalkeepers,again..Its all the same every year.