[PC Bug Report] Crowd Animations are capped to low frame rate

Sami1999
223 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Crowds are moving at locked 30 FPS.

But interestingly, they are moving at uncapped framerate during slow motion replays. They look smooth like FiFA 17 on slow mo replays. But on other scenes, they are capped to 30 fps.

Also, if frame rate drops to some like 50 fps, then crowd animations get more jarring and looks like 15~20 fps.

Since they work fine on slow mo replays and used to be uncapped on fifa 17, I guess it's just a bug and can be fixed easily with an update.

Comments

• mdizzl3
    12321 posts Has That Special Something
    Do you have access to a games console? Compare the two demos, PS4 one is smooth as butter, might be the better option for you bud
  • Sami1999
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    Do you have access to a games console? Compare the two demos, PS4 one is smooth as butter, might be the better option for you bud

What? On Ps4 the Frame rate on cutscenes are locked to 30 FPS to begin with. So not only crowds are un-smooth on Ps4, but all of the cutscenes are unsmooth 30 fps.

• Alemas_2012
    15141 posts World Class
    For me they absolutely tank the FPS, goes way below 30 FPS.
    But that's an issue with replays in general...
  • Sami1999
    For me they absolutely tank the FPS, goes way below 30 FPS.
    But that's an issue with replays in general...

I'm talking about crowd animations framerate. Not the normal framerate.

FPS only tanks here if I use Dx12. On Dx11, my 980Ti can do almost locked 60 FPS [even on cutscenes] at 2880x1800p 4xmsaa.
  • mdizzl3
    12321 posts Has That Special Something
    Sami1999 wrote: »

What? On Ps4 the Frame rate on cutscenes are locked to 30 FPS to begin with. So not only crowds are un-smooth on Ps4, but all of the cutscenes are unsmooth 30 fps.

I'm on the pro but don't have any issues with replays. They might be at 30fps but I tend to skip anyway. Gameplay itself is 60fps locked and looks great. I know a few.people are having dramas with the demo.code on PC which is why I suggested trying out a console
  • Sami1999
    Sami1999 wrote: »

I'm on the pro but don't have any issues with replays. They might be at 30fps but I tend to skip anyway. Gameplay itself is 60fps locked and looks great. I know a few.people are having dramas with the demo.code on PC which is why I suggested trying out a console

I get what you mean. But I'm just reporting a bug so that EA fixes it later on.

Pc version is running fine here as long as you use Dx11 api [which has no difference in graphics]. All the performance complaints I've seen in this forum happen with Dx12 [I get the same perf problems like them when I switch to Dx12]. I wonder if they tried Dx11 yet?

The crowd issue would be present on Ps4 too if it ran the cutscenes on 60 FPS. But since Ps4 is running at 30 fps during cutscenes, you can't see it. It's just a small bug that EA could fix easily. The issue isn't that bad though cause the cutscenes itself are running at uncapped fps on pc. So everything other than crowds look very smooth.
  • comet213
    2336 posts Fans' Favourite
    I think It's not bug. It's for performance.
    I hope various graphic setting like other PC games is added to FIFA.
  • Sami1999
    comet213 wrote: »
    I think It's not bug. It's for performance.
    I hope various graphic setting like other PC games is added to FIFA.

Maybe. But then again, it barely affects performance. On Fifa 17, crowds moved at uncapped framerate and that game performed same as Fifa 18. Maybe it was done for console optimizations.

Agreed, having advanced graphical option would solve all of these issues.