You know you play too much FUT when... (humor thread)

Comments

• UrboiStev
    282 posts Sunday League Hero
    RayS wrote: »
    UrboiStev wrote: »
    alanrudy wrote: »
    Lol, loving some of these answers. This happened during TOTS...

When you read the Denny's menu and instead of food, you read this thinking Nacho Fernandez is getting a Team of the Season card.

20180522_130133.jpg

Hahaha great one @alanrudy

Ray can u only post the good ones in the initial post pls. E.g this one and a couple others, the otw one

My boy Stev, humor is subjective, so I included them all in case one I don’t think is funny has someone else keeled over in fits of hysterical laugter at the office

Yo at least explain that Billy nobody one, the election one and the referee one to me pls.
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move

When you read the Denny's menu and instead of food, you read this thinking Nacho Fernandez is getting a Team of the Season card.

20180522_130133.jpg

:D :D
  • They Caged Non
    4356 posts National Call-Up

20180522_130133.jpg

Ray can u only post the good ones in the initial post pls. E.g this one and a couple others, the otw one

My boy Stev, humor is subjective, so I included them all in case one I don’t think is funny has someone else keeled over in fits of hysterical laugter at the office

Yo at least explain that Billy nobody one, the election one and the referee one to me pls.

Haha billy nobody is a northern british term to describe someone who thinks they are a somebody but they are a nobody (prima donna), Prem clubs get linked or sign a lot of them, for example Musa... then people talk at work about said link/signing, and all you can say is "beast on fifa" due to them being unreal on fifa... think Wallyson, Welliton, Musa, Doumbia, Bendtner, and other **** players.
  • RayS
    25327 posts Player of the Year

20180522_130133.jpg

Wtheck who is Billy?

Lol the election one is in reference to me making a lot of polls (kind of an inside joke so maybe I should have left that one off. But @WarrenBarton is a very important forum member)

The ref one is bc that particular ref gets a lot of complaints here and he’s super common on the game
  • RayS
    edited September 2018

20180522_130133.jpg

Haha billy nobody is a northern british term to describe someone who thinks they are a somebody but they are a nobody (prima donna), Prem clubs get linked or sign a lot of them, for example Musa... then people talk at work about said link/signing, and all you can say is "beast on fifa" due to them being unreal on fifa... think Wallyson, Welliton, Musa, Doumbia, Bendtner, and other **** players.

Oh haha okay nvm thanks @They Caged Non for that explanation
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2608 posts Fans' Favourite
    When you’re watching super Sunday and can’t help but try and press buttons to make them pass
  • UrboiStev

20180522_130133.jpg

I see. Ive actually heard the term before, but the whole sentence just seemed to not compute in my head. But I understand now, yh. Wasn't there a team a couple years back that just bought a bunch of pacey guys on fifa?
  • They Caged Non
    4356 posts National Call-Up
    When you’re watching super Sunday and can’t help but try and press buttons to make them pass

Haha my Cousins son comes to the Boro with us now, he spends all game wondering why they dont pass :D :D
  • WarrenBarton
    7321 posts Big Money Move

20180522_130133.jpg

Wtheck who is Billy?

Lol the election one is in reference to me making a lot of polls (kind of an inside joke so maybe I should have left that one off. But @WarrenBarton is a very important forum member)

The ref one is bc that particular ref gets a lot of complaints here and he’s super common on the game

The term is Billy no mates, not sure who he means though lol. Only me and @CounterLicious are in the clear so far B)
  • krappen07
    5994 posts Big Money Move
    When I tell my friends to sell their stocks in the hype
  • Gromit
    3369 posts National Call-Up
    When you start telling your mate that the player his club has been linked with is really good, then realise you've never actually seen them IRL.
  • Rendevous_star
    418 posts Sunday League Hero
    When you watch a match on tv and can tell whoever you’re with what any players work rates are/ weak foot/ number of stars skills!
  • mdizzl3
    12336 posts Has That Special Something
    When you see Firmino have his eye gauged out on live TV and disregard his wellbeing and instead worry about a lack of IF cards during the season.
  • Diggy
    13618 posts Has That Special Something
    You check the forums daily to ensure @RayS has made a poll
  • Whufc
    1335 posts Professional
    Also when you start supporting teams and players you never cared about, only because you invested in a bunch of OTWs

haha too true too true. I had OTW Gylfi the season he moved to Everton. Never did get that OTW upgraded...

Didn’t he get an hero card?
  • RayS
    edited September 2018
    Whufc wrote: »
    Also when you start supporting teams and players you never cared about, only because you invested in a bunch of OTWs

haha too true too true. I had OTW Gylfi the season he moved to Everton. Never did get that OTW upgraded...

Didn’t he get an hero card?

Oh ya he did, but I picked up his OTW after that and he didn’t get any more special cards. I’d always check Everton game’s to see if he’d scored... needless to say I was much disappoint
  • RayS
    Diggy wrote: »
    You check the forums daily to ensure @RayS has made a poll

Wow I’ve gotten two shoutouts so far!
  • RebelRob
    5037 posts Big Money Move
    When you see a bargain in the shops and wonder if @UrboiStev if grabbing all the mad deals also.
  • UrboiStev
    RebelRob wrote: »
    When you see a bargain in the shops and wonder if @UrboiStev if grabbing all the mad deals also.

I love you
  • mdizzl3
    12336 posts Has That Special Something
    RebelRob wrote: »

:D
  • holdenwait
    55416 posts National Treasure
    When you're scrambling some eggs and chuck in some jalapenos on 7 chem
  • UrboiStev
    holdenwait wrote: »

Dont get it
  • WarrenBarton

Dont get it

Not sure @UrboiStev but I heard he can get it up to 8 chem with a little pea :p
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    Whenever Salah touches the ball with his right foot, and every Liverpool fan comes on here moaning about his WF rating
  • WarrenBarton
    wade_7_ wrote: »
    Whenever Salah touches the ball with his right foot, and every Liverpool fan comes on here moaning about his WF rating

You played the demo yet @wade_7_ ?

• wade_7_

Nah mate, I haven't even DL'd it.
    Don't tell me Salah has 6*WF now due to peer pressure??
  • WarrenBarton

9* now ;) but it’s honestly really good. Feels more of a difference comparatively from the current Fifa than the current one felt from 17.
    I know you’re looking to stay on 18 but I would really recommend having a go of the demo. You can always wait awhile after release to see if people moan after a patch.
  • selb
    6377 posts Big Money Move

Dont get it

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang?
  • wade_7_

9* now ;) but it’s honestly really good. Feels more of a difference comparatively from the current Fifa than the current one felt from 17.
    I know you’re looking to stay on 18 but I would really recommend having a go of the demo. You can always wait awhile after release to see if people moan after a patch.

Really?
    Like you say tho, EA may feel the need to change it up in the first month or so.
    Tbh I've read and seen nothing regarding 19 up until now.
    I may well give the demo a try, but I doubt it will change my mind. It's not so much because of gameplay, I do still enjoy playing (even tho I'm only down to 1 or 2 games a week)
    It's just more time dedication, starting from scratch with the constant grind I can do without
  • WarrenBarton
    selb wrote: »

Dont get it

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang?

Ooh you’re too smart for a wee pea eating guy like me selb.

I was making a really loose Mexican reference to the jalepenos and chicharito lol