Goalkeepers need fixing for Fifa 19 release

ChrisW1991
947 posts Professional
edited September 2018
First I have to say I love the demo, great gameplay and finally feels realistic to play, graphics are great too in 4k hdr.. The only issue I have is with Goalkeepers, its far too easy to score either against them or opposition score past my own, especially from long range.. They have next to 0 in shot stopping ability on this demo, hope its fixed for release day in a couple of weeks

Comments

• mdizzl3
    12339 posts Has That Special Something
    Been good on my end, Ederson has been class and DDG is very annoying to play against at times! What difficulty do you play?
  • Eddie
    692 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They seem good on legendary.
  • ChrisW1991
    947 posts Professional
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    Been good on my end, Ederson has been class and DDG is very annoying to play against at times! What difficulty do you play?

Ahh really, for me they've been poor even Oblak let three in that went straight through him from outside the box.. I have it on legendary, will be ultimate in full game
  • Sporter
    654 posts An Exciting Prospect
    There’s a handicap system whereby you control the difficulty settings of your teammates. You might want to see if it’s on a lower difficulty.
  • Walsgrove_V2
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    Goalkeepers were fine for me
  • Mc_chigby
    652 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Its the difficulty you are playing at. As above Legendary they are fine and make realistic saves
  • ChrisW1991
    947 posts Professional
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Its the difficulty you are playing at. As above Legendary they are fine and make realistic saves

I play it on legendary mate and find the goalkeepers poor, too easy to beat
  • mdizzl3
    12339 posts Has That Special Something
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »

Ahh really, for me they've been poor even Oblak let three in that went straight through him from outside the box.. I have it on legendary, will be ultimate in full game

That's strange mate, I've played professional and now legendary, all seem pretty decent so far.
  • ChrisW1991
    947 posts Professional
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »

That's strange mate, I've played professional and now legendary, all seem pretty decent so far.

God knows mate, it's probably more the opposition goalkeeper is good yet my GK will let any long range shot in
  • Sellish
    8990 posts League Winner
    GKs are always bad every demo.

They will fix it, no worries.
  • Skorpio71
    364 posts Sunday League Hero
    Will be patched by release I bet
  • number5
    41 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Are you on assisted Saves? I couldn't put more than 2-3 on any goalie when on legendary out of about 10 games.
  • Squanch
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    AI GK on a lower setting was pretty bad. On higher settings it was much better. On my side it was alright but I was using the touchpad switch GK a fair bit, which is something I've never really bothered with in the past.
  • Theomanny
    1515 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gk r **** on Legendary. I keep putting it past the gk from strange angles.
  • Jonboyparker
    5277 posts Big Money Move
    You must have a different game than me. The AI saves everything on legendary and mines saves nothing :D Granted, it does sound like you're better than me at it
  • rebe
    75 posts Park Captain
    What are you on about, keepers are 1000x better than the ones in fifa 18
  • FlyingOkapis
    895 posts Semi-Pro
    edited September 2018
    I personally think GK's are fine on the demo.. however, I believe if the AI fancies scoring it is still going to happen like last year; I've had the AI score some rockets literally smashing the ball past my GK at speeds I've not seen before without ramming up shot power to 99!

When this happened it pretty much didnt matter if my GK was even there, I think this could be the result of the AI's 'timed finishing'.
  • Kakajp
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited October 2018
    Yes, too easy to beat, even on FIFA 19 standard edition. I played KO mode with few friends yesterday as a get-together with difficulty set to legandary, goals were going left right center from distance and angle, if you are around D and hit a decent shot its almost like open goal. We in total scored 42 goals in 8 games highest scoring game is 9-1. All of us are decent in FIFA and FIFA 17 we never had so many goals in a game, it's more of how easily the player scores than number of goals, goalkeeper simply doesn't save. I play FUT and FUT rivals regularly, didn't see same behaviour there, is it a glitch with KO mode? BTW difficulty is legendary, we checked some 100 times because goalkeepers were too bad to be true..