Is Timed Finishing mandatory online?

1
Kravenhart
53 posts Park Captain
edited September 2018
EA has introduced this like the skill gap that "pros" were asking. Now these pros are saying that they will turn it off.

Should this new feature be mandatory online like tactical defending?

What do you think about that? Where is the skill gap if this could be switched on or off...?

E-sports ready...

Comments

  • Fletch
    3405 posts National Call-Up
    I'm hoping its mandatory and I'm not even playing the demo to get used to it lol.

    Skill gap should be there, especially in FUT Champs
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    The skill gap still exists , if you r good with it all your shots will have greater accuracy of you don't like it turn it off.
  • WarrenBarton
    7657 posts League Winner
    Is it on by default? I could see a different looking power bar but it became pretty instinctive within about 3 shots within a skill game.
  • Mc_chigby
    718 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've seen different things on this with regards to turning it 'off'. Some seem to say its an actual setting to change to no but some say they just don't press the shoot button again. Sure we will learn the answer on release
  • Not sure about online but it’s definitely not mandatory in the demo
  • xGrumpyWolfx
    2877 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2018
    It won’t matter anyway will it? If you don’t want to do it just don’t push the shoot button again after shooting haha
  • Sellish
    9202 posts League Winner
    Input lag from online will make this unusable so hopefully it will not be featured in FUT.
  • CeeQue
    11018 posts Has That Special Something
    On EA's dedicated server this is just a nightmare scenario.
  • Mc_chigby
    718 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sellish wrote: »
    Input lag from online will make this unusable so hopefully it will not be featured in FUT.

    I do have my queries on this. They have noted in podcasts that the timed finish is decided on local mechanics (so the time from when you press shoot 1st and shoot 2nd time).

    So for example if you press shoot the 1st time and by memory muscle you know its 0.8 of second until you need to press it the 2nd time, the game will understand this and give you a timed finish.

    However with lag it might look like it takes 1.5 seconds for Mbappe to hit the ball with his foot. So you press shoot again on 1.5 seconds and you are given a late timed finish (normal shot).

    This is just my theory by the way and may be wrong but this is how I have taken their comments.
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2018
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    I've seen different things on this with regards to turning it 'off'. Some seem to say its an actual setting to change to no but some say they just don't press the shoot button again. Sure we will learn the answer on release

    It's both tbh.

    There is the off setting or you can leave it on and as you say don't click it, from the dev chat.

    Red major in accuracy, yellow inaccurate, green bonus accuracy, white
    (no second press) no affect.
  • CharlieC
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    Input lag from online will make this unusable so hopefully it will not be featured in FUT.

    I do have my queries on this. They have noted in podcasts that the timed finish is decided on local mechanics (so the time from when you press shoot 1st and shoot 2nd time).

    So for example if you press shoot the 1st time and by memory muscle you know its 0.8 of second until you need to press it the 2nd time, the game will understand this and give you a timed finish.

    However with lag it might look like it takes 1.5 seconds for Mbappe to hit the ball with his foot. So you press shoot again on 1.5 seconds and you are given a late timed finish (normal shot).

    This is just my theory by the way and may be wrong but this is how I have taken their comments.

    Input lag apparently doesn't make any difference because its calculated offline. have a look on Corey Andress twitter feed, he answers it more clearly than me.
  • Zenitsuperstar
    242 posts Sunday League Hero
    It won’t matter anyway will it? If you don’t want to do it just don’t push the shoot button again after shooting haha

    This.
  • CharlieC
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    I've seen different things on this with regards to turning it 'off'. Some seem to say its an actual setting to change to no but some say they just don't press the shoot button again. Sure we will learn the answer on release

    Yes you can turn it off but you can also turn it off it in the demo. Its in the same section as Trainer on/off.

    Personally, I think its an unnecessary addition. The advantage it gives you will be inconsequential for most of us. maybe at the very top level it might make that 1% difference they need to win but I'm not even sure about that.
  • Sellish
    9202 posts League Winner
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    Input lag from online will make this unusable so hopefully it will not be featured in FUT.

    I do have my queries on this. They have noted in podcasts that the timed finish is decided on local mechanics (so the time from when you press shoot 1st and shoot 2nd time).

    So for example if you press shoot the 1st time and by memory muscle you know its 0.8 of second until you need to press it the 2nd time, the game will understand this and give you a timed finish.

    However with lag it might look like it takes 1.5 seconds for Mbappe to hit the ball with his foot. So you press shoot again on 1.5 seconds and you are given a late timed finish (normal shot).

    This is just my theory by the way and may be wrong but this is how I have taken their comments.

    Input lag apparently doesn't make any difference because its calculated offline. have a look on Corey Andress twitter feed, he answers it more clearly than me.

    I thought about this aswell.

    He didn't explained it at all but it sounds to good to be true. But sounds great.
  • CharlieC
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    Sellish wrote: »
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    Input lag from online will make this unusable so hopefully it will not be featured in FUT.

    I do have my queries on this. They have noted in podcasts that the timed finish is decided on local mechanics (so the time from when you press shoot 1st and shoot 2nd time).

    So for example if you press shoot the 1st time and by memory muscle you know its 0.8 of second until you need to press it the 2nd time, the game will understand this and give you a timed finish.

    However with lag it might look like it takes 1.5 seconds for Mbappe to hit the ball with his foot. So you press shoot again on 1.5 seconds and you are given a late timed finish (normal shot).

    This is just my theory by the way and may be wrong but this is how I have taken their comments.

    Input lag apparently doesn't make any difference because its calculated offline. have a look on Corey Andress twitter feed, he answers it more clearly than me.

    I thought about this aswell.

    He didn't explained it at all but it sounds to good to be true. But sounds great.

    Surely they wouldn't be trying to pull the wool over our eyes? :lol:
  • Sellish
    9202 posts League Winner
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    CharlieC wrote: »
    Mc_chigby wrote: »
    Sellish wrote: »
    Input lag from online will make this unusable so hopefully it will not be featured in FUT.

    I do have my queries on this. They have noted in podcasts that the timed finish is decided on local mechanics (so the time from when you press shoot 1st and shoot 2nd time).

    So for example if you press shoot the 1st time and by memory muscle you know its 0.8 of second until you need to press it the 2nd time, the game will understand this and give you a timed finish.

    However with lag it might look like it takes 1.5 seconds for Mbappe to hit the ball with his foot. So you press shoot again on 1.5 seconds and you are given a late timed finish (normal shot).

    This is just my theory by the way and may be wrong but this is how I have taken their comments.

    Input lag apparently doesn't make any difference because its calculated offline. have a look on Corey Andress twitter feed, he answers it more clearly than me.

    I thought about this aswell.

    He didn't explained it at all but it sounds to good to be true. But sounds great.

    Surely they wouldn't be trying to pull the wool over our eyes? :lol:

    Not saying that they're lying. Just curious how it works.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    It won’t matter anyway will it? If you don’t want to do it just don’t push the shoot button again after shooting haha

    Yeah, this. Why even have an option to turn it off when you can just simply not do it?
  • vk45
    117 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fletch wrote: »
    Skill gap should be there, especially in FUT Champs
    FUT Champs should be manual controls, not assisted. What's the point of a competetive mode if the AI directs the passes towards your players?
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    It's not mandatory but believe me, if you master it you'll have a massive advantage. It's insane.
  • Benja190782
    1418 posts Play-Off Hero
    It’s not like it’s not there because you don’t see it. On/off it doesn’t matter because it’s still there “under the hood”.
  • JoeAVFC1986
    1160 posts Professional
    Kravenhart wrote: »
    EA has introduced this like the skill gap that "pros" were asking. Now these pros are saying that they will turn it off.

    Should this new feature be mandatory online like tactical defending?

    What do you think about that? Where is the skill gap if this could be switched on or off...?

    E-sports ready...

    100% should be mandatory
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Kravenhart wrote: »
    EA has introduced this like the skill gap that "pros" were asking. Now these pros are saying that they will turn it off.

    Should this new feature be mandatory online like tactical defending?

    What do you think about that? Where is the skill gap if this could be switched on or off...?

    E-sports ready...

    Pros are saying they'll turn it off? Ffs these pros. Yeah, it should be mandatory for sure. What's the point of trying to create a skillgap if people can turn it off lol.
  • deang07
    8240 posts League Winner
    its not mandatory but if ur not using it the shooting is no where near as op as last yr.
    if you dont use it and try to master it ul be at a disadvantage imo.
    ive played demo early version , latest version and beta and normal finesse , one on ones , long shots are all nerfed massivly without timed fin.
    i would deffo say that the players who do well this yr will be the ones who learn it and master it not the ones who turn it off.
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1283 posts Professional
    If you're already used to finishing, timed finishing isn't really going to affect you. I put it on for fun, about 9 out of 10 finishes were perfect without even trying, I just finish as I always have.
  • Follisimo
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Since I hate the new finishing and they probably ruined the old finishing it means I can stop buying this game. I'll stick to NHL where skill is determined by how well you can move and work the thumbs instead of holding a button that will just lag online
  • Seandimes
    1932 posts Fans' Favourite
    Theres absolutely no reason to turn it off. Why would you give yourself less options to score than your opponent has?
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Seandimes wrote: »
    Theres absolutely no reason to turn it off. Why would you give yourself less options to score than your opponent has?

    Exactly. Especially as a late timed shot is the same as a normal shot.
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    Orikoru wrote: »
    It won’t matter anyway will it? If you don’t want to do it just don’t push the shoot button again after shooting haha

    Yeah, this. Why even have an option to turn it off when you can just simply not do it?

    I would guess so you don't accidently trigger it because it can scuff your shot up. Especially if you were in the habit of low driven shots last year because the input for it has replaced how to trigger that.
  • VARD67876
    224 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited September 2018
    AFC_95 wrote: »
    Seandimes wrote: »
    Theres absolutely no reason to turn it off. Why would you give yourself less options to score than your opponent has?

    Exactly. Especially as a late timed shot is the same as a normal shot.

    Is that true ? not had time to play the demo but in the beta if you messed up the timed shot it would either slice wide or bobble to the keeper a 2 miles an hour. which was the reason pros were saying they would turn it off, it was perfectly easy enough to score without it.
  • Seandimes
    1932 posts Fans' Favourite
    VARD67876 wrote: »
    AFC_95 wrote: »
    Seandimes wrote: »
    Theres absolutely no reason to turn it off. Why would you give yourself less options to score than your opponent has?

    Exactly. Especially as a late timed shot is the same as a normal shot.

    Is that true ? not had time to play the demo but in the beta if you messed up the timed shot it would either slice wide or bobble to the keeper a 2 miles an hour. which was the reason pros were saying they would turn it off, it was perfectly easy enough to score without it.

    yea, it only affects the shot if you hit it perfectly, or too early
Sign In or Register to comment.