FPS drops in replays (PC)

Alemas_2012
14555 posts Has That Special Something
edited September 2018
Been having this problem in FIFA 18 since an nVidia driver update, and it seems to be occurring in the FIFA 19 demo as well.
I usually get a nice 60 FPS all the time (apart from menus and cutscenes, where I get 30 FPS, but that can be fixed with adaptive vsync in the nVidia Control Panel), but whenever there's one of those cinematic replays, the FPS crashes down to below 20, and stays there for a few seconds before going back to 60... usually.
Sometimes an Alt + Tab fixes things immediately, sometimes the only way to fix it is to restart the game... Basically you have to skip the replays, but sometimes even that's not enough and the FPS tanks anyway.
With FIFA 18 at least, reverting back to an ancient driver seems to fix things, however I don't want to do the same for FIFA 19. I shouldn't be having to resort to using outdated drivers in order to have stable FPS.
According to mSi Afterburner, my GPU (an nVidia GTX 960) is at around 60-70% during a match, but during replays it suddenly jumps to 100% and stays there when the FPS is low.
Turning on adaptive vsync does seem to curb the problem a bit (as in it seems to delay the drops until a bit later on in the match), but not completely, the drops happen anyway.
I don't know whether it's something EA can do about, whether it's something I can fix, whether we just have to hope nVidia releases a driver specifically for this game (that works), but in any case, something's broken, because this problem rather lowers my enjoyment of the game.

Comments

• Been having this problem in FIFA 18 since an nVidia driver update, and it seems to be occurring in the FIFA 19 demo as well.
    I usually get a nice 60 FPS all the time (apart from menus and cutscenes, where I get 30 FPS, but that can be fixed with adaptive vsync in the nVidia Control Panel), but whenever there's one of those cinematic replays, the FPS crashes down to below 20, and stays there for a few seconds before going back to 60... usually.
    Sometimes an Alt + Tab fixes things immediately, sometimes the only way to fix it is to restart the game... Basically you have to skip the replays, but sometimes even that's not enough and the FPS tanks anyway.
    With FIFA 18 at least, reverting back to an ancient driver seems to fix things, however I don't want to do the same for FIFA 19. I shouldn't be having to resort to using outdated drivers in order to have stable FPS.
    According to mSi Afterburner, my GPU (an nVidia GTX 960) is at around 60-70% during a match, but during replays it suddenly jumps to 100% and stays there when the FPS is low.
    Turning on adaptive vsync does seem to curb the problem a bit (as in it seems to delay the drops until a bit later on in the match), but not completely, the drops happen anyway.
    I don't know whether it's something EA can do about, whether it's something I can fix, whether we just have to hope nVidia releases a driver specifically for this game (that works), but in any case, something's broken, because this problem rather lowers my enjoyment of the game.

Bro, I have this problem too in 18. It was okay until a game update and then suddenly my FPS suffered. I believe I fixed it by making it run in compatibility mode for Windows 7 since I still use Windows 7 ??? But I don't really remember exactly. However it seemed that along the way an nVidia driver update did fix the problem permanently but I didn't notice when.

Now in FIFA 19 Demo, my FPS is severely low no matter what I do within the game settings or nVidia CP settings. It seems like it's capped at 17 fps all the time no matter what I do and the only moment my FPS gets beyond 17 fps is when in menus. In menus I can get 20-29 FPS but that's it. I tried everything with the Vsync options, lowering any graphics quality options, even I lowered my resolutions but the magic number 17 stays the same......

I do run an old machine but my GPU is an nVidia GTX 1060 with 6 GB VRAM and with all my machine limitations it does run FIFA 18 quite admirably as I get 60 FPS constantly with occasional FPS drops in replays but it never drops below 40 FPS. I believe I should be able to run FIFA 19 like FIFA 18 as their minimum requirements are the same ??? Now I'm really worried whether I'd be able to run the full game beyond 17 FPS......

I'd really like to know if there's a fix to this ? Is the FIFA 19 Demo really flawed ?? Is there anyone who experience the same ??? It seems odd that the FPS is capped at an exact number which is 17 and no matter what I do to the game settings and nVidia CP settings, that number just won't change even for 1-3 FPS change. I believe that somehow the Demo doesn't respond to the changes and runs on its own internal settings......
  • Alemas_2012
    Also seems to not like crowd shots at all.
    Which isn't ideal, given the first shot right after the end of the match is usually one of the crowd.
    Urgh.
  • Alemas_2012
    ...so you can just switch to DirectX 11, there is no noticeable to DirectX 12 and the game runs buttery smooth...
    ...yeah, thanks EA.
  • matrixcoder
    20 posts Ball Boy
    edited September 2018
    DirectX 11 run better then DirectX 12.

I get a lot of lag and fps drop on DirectX 12.

DirectX 12 i get 77fps

DirectX 11 i get 135fps
  • Altair14
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    In Fifa 18 not Have problems, in Fifa 19 demo Have sporadic fps drop.

Mi gpu is Nvidia gtx 1060.

DirectX 11 ( as Fifa 18) are Much better Than 12.