Who's the bigger team?

Comments

• Hones43
    69 posts Park Captain
    Liverpool by a million miles.

City are not even a big club, not in the slightest. Most ridiculous thread in the history of this forum and that is saying something.

Recent success and squad quality has NOTHING to do with the size of the club.

It definitely does have some impact on size of the club
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    We were founders of the football league goddammit!

Know your place!
  • IDARYL
    5625 posts Big Money Move
    crackers07 wrote: »
    IDARYL wrote: »
    City deffo won't get into top 5 big clubs and wondering if they make it into top 10

R. Madrid
    Barcelona
    Atl.Madrid
    Ac milan
    Juventus
    Inter
    Roma
    Bayern munich
    Dortmund
    Ajax

10 much bigger clubs without trying . Ciry are building a brand but so many clubs have years on them. Its not all about trophys you win now. Its about history, prestiege,support base and that takes a long time.

I'm talking england.....city won't top 50 in Europe....

I would have always had em top 10. Clubs like city, villa, everton and leeds would cause debate i am sure in what order you would have them.

Top 3 is deffo 1 united 2 Liverpool 3 arsenal.. Then you can have spurs, everton, Leeds, villa, Chelsea, you could argue west ham, Newcastle and Forrest are no smaller than city
  • Mike
    9984 posts Has That Special Something
    City. Liverpool have been irrelevant for years
  • Hones43 wrote: »

City are not even a big club, not in the slightest. Most ridiculous thread in the history of this forum and that is saying something.

It definitely does have some impact on size of the club

Not to this extreme level.

Liverpool have been a global giant for decades with tons of European prestige. Go to the likes of Singapore, Taiwan, Melborn ect ect and look around at what football shirts you see.

City meanwhile are trying to suggest that their half empty stadium is full and have come nowhere near a major European final let alone winning it..... They are still a minnow and no amount of dodgy sponsorship deals and doctered attendance records will change that.
  • IDARYL
    5625 posts Big Money Move
    Mike wrote: »

They were in the European cup final a few months ago :D :D
  • IntoxicatedSeal
    1421 posts Professional
    edited September 2018

Also when were City last in a major European cup final?

Oh wait..... :D :D
  • Summer69
    1311 posts Professional
    Summer69 wrote: »
    Summer69 wrote: »

Are you ok?

I should be asking that to you.

Did a brick land on your head before creating this thread or do you have no understanding of the game whatsoever?

You didn't answer the question, seriously just want to check you are ok?

Yes.

The shock of the stupidity of this thread took me back a little but I am now fine.

I appreciate the concern.

Good that's the main thing, just let all the anger out, it'll get better.
  • BRISTOL86
    8954 posts League Winner
    Diggy wrote: »
    If you go purely on history Aston Villa & Huddersfield Town are bigger than City

Judging by the Villa fans I know, they genuinely believe they are :lol:
  • Mike
    9984 posts Has That Special Something

And lost, nobody cares about the losers.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19224 posts World Class

4221396001_5764097300001_5764083318001-vs.jpg?pubId=4221396001&videoId=5764083318001
  • Carswell
    8206 posts League Winner
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »

4221396001_5764097300001_5764083318001-vs.jpg?pubId=4221396001&videoId=5764083318001

:lol:
  • crackers07
    1025 posts Professional
    City deffo won't get into top 5 big clubs and wondering if they make it into top 10

R. Madrid
    Barcelona
    Atl.Madrid
    Ac milan
    Juventus
    Inter
    Roma
    Bayern munich
    Dortmund
    Ajax

10 much bigger clubs without trying . Ciry are building a brand but so many clubs have years on them. Its not all about trophys you win now. Its about history, prestiege,support base and that takes a long time.

I would have always had em top 10. Clubs like city, villa, everton and leeds would cause debate i am sure in what order you would have them.

Top 3 is deffo 1 united 2 Liverpool 3 arsenal.. Then you can have spurs, everton, Leeds, villa, Chelsea, you could argue west ham, Newcastle and Forrest are no smaller than city

I agree fully i think top 3 are way out in front. I would put spurs 4th then after that is when ii am sure everybody would start arguing the order.

As a united fan from manchester we give it out about city and the empty seats cause of the whole all city fans in manchester myth. City as a club put on allsorts of offers with really cheap tickets and buy 1 get 1 free and still fail to sell out. They are miles behind.
  • Diggy
    13619 posts Has That Special Something

R. Madrid
    Barcelona
    Atl.Madrid
    Ac milan
    Juventus
    Inter
    Roma
    Bayern munich
    Dortmund
    Ajax

I agree fully i think top 3 are way out in front. I would put spurs 4th then after that is when ii am sure everybody would start arguing the order.

As a united fan from manchester we give it out about city and the empty seats cause of the whole all city fans in manchester myth. City as a club put on allsorts of offers with really cheap tickets and buy 1 get 1 free and still fail to sell out. They are miles behind.

There is always the old joke about Man Utd always having more coaches at home than the away supporters & then there is the “prawn sandwich brigade” Roy Keane quote
  • Hones43
    69 posts Park Captain
    Bob_Dylan wrote: »

Recent success doesn’t matter I thought?
  • Antparry92
    17563 posts World Class
    When you’re advertising match day tickets and hospitality boxes on talksport every 15 minutes, you know your fan base is a joke
  • crackers07
    1025 posts Professional
    Diggy wrote: »

R. Madrid
    Barcelona
    Atl.Madrid
    Ac milan
    Juventus
    Inter
    Roma
    Bayern munich
    Dortmund
    Ajax

There is always the old joke about Man Utd always having more coaches at home than the away supporters & then there is the “prawn sandwich brigade” Roy Keane quote

So true, no doubt we attract tourists aplenty but it always as been and always will outnumber city in manchester hugely.
  • SuperRob
    1412 posts Professional
    Liverpool have more history than city but in terms of who is the bigger team right now it can only be city. Leicester have won more premier league titles than Liverpool , and that statement alone says it all. How can a team that has never won a premier league title be considered a bigger side than a team that hasnt won anything major for many a year.
  • Crossland
    7600 posts League Winner
    Liverpool live off of history,and have never won the premier league,they have better History but that’s all it is Chelsea,Leicester,Utd,City all Premier League winners,Liverpool in my opinion aren’t capable of winning the League title they always start good and lag behind mid season !
  • SuperRob wrote: »
    Liverpool have more history than city but in terms of who is the bigger team right now it can only be city. Leicester have won more premier league titles than Liverpool , and that statement alone says it all. How can a team that has never won a premier league title be considered a bigger side than a team that hasnt won anything major for many a year.

You completely fail to understand the difference between a big club and a better squad that has won more recently.

Two completely meanings. The size of a club is based on worldwide reach, history and prestige. City are tiny in comparison to the likes of Liverpool, United and Arsenal.
  • SuperRob
    1412 posts Professional
    SuperRob wrote: »

You completely fail to understand the difference between a big club and a better squad that has won more recently.

Two completely meanings. The size of a club is based on worldwide reach, history and prestige. City are tiny in comparison to the likes of Liverpool, United and Arsenal.

That is only your definition of a big club. The criteria is different for defining a big club depending on the person you ask. The fact is Liverpool have not won any major titles for many years. Their history is great but then so are other teams that are no longer big clubs.

If you were a top footballer and both City and Liverpool were offering a first team place for the same money, you had no club affiliations to either, and you wanted to win the maximum amount of titles in your career, who would you join. The answer for me would define who the bigger club is, and it certainly wouldnt be Liverpool.
  • StewParty
    4052 posts National Call-Up
    The whole what club is “bigger” is the stupidest argument in sports

Liverpool are “bigger” to me because they have more fans
    City are a “better” team because they have a better squad and more recent success
    Liverpool are “historically better” because they have won more trophies in the past
  • BrentfordFC
    11655 posts Has That Special Something
    City

They spend bigger
    Stadiums bigger
    Name is bigger

Man City the city of Man

Liver pool the city of tear pools

Fite me :trollface:
  • Diggy
    13619 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 2018