Fifa 19 Demo Feedback?

Retro_G
23499 posts Club Captain
edited September 13
What do you think of the new demo lads? Would you make any changes? Are EA onto a winner with Fifa 19?

I'm loving the gameplay, pace, it feels a lot more realistic. Graphics are gorgeous, still haven't wrapped my head around all the new tactical options. Sound is amazing, really brings the game to life and presentation is top notch.

I'm hoping EA don't butcher the game within a week, with the inevitable first patch. Give us time to learn the new gameplay mechanics EA.

Comments

• Rucci
    1263 posts Professional
    i would buff the goalies lol winning on leg 5-0 6-0 but ya love the gameplay so far
  • Retro_G
    23499 posts Club Captain
    Rucci wrote: »
    i would buff the goalies lol winning on leg 5-0 6-0 but ya love the gameplay so far

I'm playing my brother, it's difficult to beat the GK's, trying to get the suss of timed finishing. I've got a few with a perfect green timed shot, they don't go in, wtf @EA? What's the point of timed finishing, if normal shots are just as effective?
  • Zv1k0
    4575 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 13
    If you turn the trainer off, should low drivens work exactly like last year? If yes, they suck. :D
    Post edited by Zv1k0 on
  • Retro_G
    23499 posts Club Captain
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    If you turn the trailer off, should low drivens work exactly like last year? If yes, they suck. :D

I'm going to try low driven, see what they're like, nobody in Fut champs will risk going for timed finishing, if they remain the same. Should be high risk and high reward.

Wait you see, everyone will go back to low drivens, you will have the same stale goalscoring we've seen in the past two Fifa's at competitive LAN tournaments. At least timed finishing would've lead to more variety in goalscoring, if they were effective. It's bloody difficult to nail the green timed shot with the trainer off.
  • Theomanny
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    I can’t get demo on PS4. Even after pre ordering. Has it been taken down? uk?
  • Retro_G
    23499 posts Club Captain
    Theomanny wrote: »

You can download from the PS store on your phone, the game will appear in your library for purchased games, then download to your console from library.
  • Theomanny
    412 posts Sunday League Hero
    Retro_G wrote: »
    Theomanny wrote: »

You can download from the PS store on your phone, the game will appear in your library for purchased games, then download to your console from library.

Thanks got it now
  • Mini_Miudo
    7973 posts League Winner
    edited September 13
    Feels a lot better than the beta to me so far, though this is an old build so not sure how good of an indicator that is. My biggest complaint is the fact you can do stupid kick-ups through the whole pitch, they seem quite hard to tackle having played a friend on Share Play (although I had quite a bit of delay, but still). Will be better than Fifa 18 for sure.
  • Retro_G
    23499 posts Club Captain
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Feels a lot better than the beta to me so far, though this is an old build so not sure how good of an indicator that is. My biggest complaint is the fact you can do stupid kick-ups through the whole pitch, they seem quite hard to tackle having played a friend on Share Play (although I had quite a bit of delay, but still). Will be better than Fifa 18 for sure.

What do you mean by kick ups?
  • deang07
    5625 posts Big Money Move

you can run along doing kick ups by using r3 .
  • Fatmanc
    969 posts Professional
    Found the shooting so much easier, the low driven shot just hold R1 L1 as you shoot and it seemed like a goal every time.

The timed finishing seemed a littlke harder, but in the end it wsas just the habit of double clicking quickly had to be delayed by half a second.

Still trying to figure out the 50/50 jostle
  • Nervous_Nick
    3314 posts National Call-Up
    If you turn off time finishing, is it still L1+R1 for low driven shots or you just need to double tap shoot button like in Fifa18 ?
  • Zv1k0
    If you turn off time finishing, is it still L1+R1 for low driven shots or you just need to double tap shoot button like in Fifa18 ?

Yeah it's still L1+R1. I thought it's the same as before and obviously that made me think it sucks. Turns out low drivens are still good.

I like the gameplay a lot. Made me think about buying the game. There's also that countdown to launch deal in PSN store. Might do it just for that. :D
  • Mini_Miudo
    7973 posts League Winner

This basically (obviously here he's playing vs AI on beginner but as I said, it seemed quite hard to tackle, at least on delayed share play gameplay):

Oh yeah, the controls for low driven is another thing that pisses me off. And I swap R1 and R2 so L1+R2 is even worse! The amount of times I end up chipping the ball instead of low driven shooting is insane. -____-
  • Rucci
    1263 posts Professional

I'm playing my brother, it's difficult to beat the GK's, trying to get the suss of timed finishing. I've got a few with a perfect green timed shot, they don't go in, wtf @EA? What's the point of timed finishing, if normal shots are just as effective?

driven do not work really well,easy to block or defend on this fifa, played a friend on psn
  • Zv1k0

driven do not work really well,easy to block or defend on this fifa, played a friend on psn

They work like they should and last year they were way too op. Everything went through defenders. You should be awarded for positioning yourself right and timing your blocks.
  • Retro_G
    23499 posts Club Captain

This basically (obviously here he's playing vs AI on beginner but as I said, it seemed quite hard to tackle, at least on delayed share play gameplay):

Oh yeah, the controls for low driven is another thing that pisses me off. And I swap R1 and R2 so L1+R2 is even worse! The amount of times I end up chipping the ball instead of low driven shooting is insane. -____-

I'll test that against the lads today, looks OP. They should've put timed finishing on L1 + R1, left low driven the same. It feels unatural now, shooting is more random. The majority of eSport games reduce randomness, but EA go ahead and increase randomness ffs. :s
  • Yarmolenko90
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    i´m very surprised in a positive way by the current gameplay in the demo. I did expect nothing cause i was very unhappy with fifa 18 and didnt expect huge changes. However i must say that i cant remember when i had so much fun with fifa the last time. It just feels somehw complete now. What i like most:
    + much more tackles
    + pressing works so you´re now able to put your opponent under pressure again
    + awesome physics and animations
    + defending is fun as well as attacking
    + plenty of new tactical adjustments possible

all in all: nice work EA!!! (can´t believe i´m saying this)
  • Zv1k0
    After a lot of matches I noticed something has been transfered now to the offline as well. Something that bothered me the most last year and that's no matter how perfectly you time your tackles, you just can't get the ball sometimes. It keep bounces back..
  • Dazzler
    1387 posts Professional
    And guess what after first or second patch it will be Fifa of yesteryear once again. Mark my words.
  • Retro_G
    23499 posts Club Captain
    Dazzler wrote: »
    And guess what after first or second patch it will be Fifa of yesteryear once again. Mark my words.

You're probably right mate, but have a look at these pitch notes, great changes to the competitive modes and only 30 games for weekend league.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/408508/weekend-league-30-games-matchmaking-explained-monthly-rewards-replaced-pitch-notes
  • AGM
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The ball looks smaller than usual... it’s so ducking annoying that ea sports keep ignoring it. It’s like they’re playing with a size 3 or 4 ball