Fifa 19 Demo Discussion

TeamExtreme17
1147 posts Professional
edited September 13
Any chance you could do what 99% of other sites do and sticky one main thread regarding the Fifa 19 Demo? Rather than have 100's of threads on the same subject that litters the forum.. Maybe merge the already existing ones too? @Alastair @EA_Andy
Post edited by TeamExtreme17 on

Comments

• Pazman
    38 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I’d rather discuss fifa 19 then Fifa 10 tbh
  • TeamExtreme17
    1147 posts Professional
    Pazman wrote: »
    I’d rather discuss fifa 19 then Fifa 10 tbh

Fixed :D
  • AADCFC
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Still unsure if they’ve changed it from the beta
  • Alemas_2012
    13025 posts Has That Special Something
    I'll copy-paste this from another thread...
    Only really big differences I've noticed are the 50/50 tackles (which feel great) and the completely changed header animations (which look great).
    Timed finishing is just... eh, it works well when the ball is in the air from a cross and you have a decent amount of time to time the shot, but otherwise... I don't see how it can be useful as you physically don't have the time to do it most of the time.
  • TeamExtreme17
    1147 posts Professional
    edited September 13
    Contain has finally been fixed!

I would also like to see Lofted and Driven Goal Kicks added please EA..
  • Alemas_2012

On the subject of keepers, they now rush outside their box... even for backpasses.
    Imagine my surprise when I saw Buffon doing that...
  • TeamExtreme17
    1147 posts Professional
    edited September 13

On the subject of keepers, they now rush outside their box... even for backpasses.

Yeah and Oblak passed the ball straight to Alexis Sanchez inside the area and I slotted the ball in the net, which the commentator picked up on..
  • Davvebingan
    584 posts An Exciting Prospect
    My biggest concern after 3 games is the commentators pronounciation like el sharawyy, rodrigueez, martineez and so on it is very annoying
  • Love it
  • TWS001
    2098 posts Fans' Favourite
    My biggest concern after 3 games is the commentators pronounciation like el sharawyy, rodrigueez, martineez and so on it is very annoying

That was the first thing I noticed and was sick of it before half time in my first game! Still a minor thing as he can easily be switched off I guess.
  • Alemas_2012

Yeah and Oblak passed the ball straight to Alexis Sanchez inside the area and I slotted the ball in the net, which the commentator picked up on..

On the subject of commentators, you hear basically all audio clips within the first one or two matches. :D
    Not a lot of variety in it.
  • Alemas_2012

He always does that whenever they're within 10 yards of the penalty area.
    "Dybaaalaaaa", "Matuiiidiiiiiii", "Costaaaa"...
    Oh, also.
    "Pulisick".
  • TWS001

Oh, also.
    "Pulisick".

I guess he's the BT sport commentator? I don't have it and on hearing that, if I ever do, the sound will stay firmly muted!
  • Haha yea sounds more like pool-a-sick, which sounds like a bad hangover.

Still, it's refreshing until it gets old on Fifa 29. :D

Gameplay so far is quite nice and I'm playing on broadcast. I do feel the pitch looks larger on the Metropolitano. Bernabeu feels a little more closed in.
  • Davvebingan
    TWS001 wrote: »

That was the first thing I noticed and was sick of it before half time in my first game! Still a minor thing as he can easily be switched off I guess.

Yeah and it’s only in champions league games right
  • Davvebingan

Oh, also.
    "Pulisick".

Glad I’m from Sweden then so I never hear him in real life
  • TWS001

So it Martin Tyler and Alan Smith in FUT still then. Wonder if the lines from FUT12 and 13 will still be there?
  • Thamightyboro
    6993 posts Big Money Move

So it Martin Tyler and Alan Smith in FUT still then. Wonder if the lines from FUT12 and 13 will still be there?

Yep and Jonas will still get called Gutierrez :)
  • Thamightyboro
    6993 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 13
    Really enjoying the demo though be interesting how it translates to fit.

Although if Lee Dixon says the old lady one more time I'm gonna hunt him down irl and rip out his tongue :)
  • Alemas_2012

Although if Lee Dixon says the old lady one more time I'm gonna hunt him down irl and rip out his tongue :)

What, that's Juve's real nickname. :joy:
  • BeardedBerk
    1268 posts Professional
    Enjoying it on pc.

Same old delay crap on xbox one x
  • TeamExtreme17
    1147 posts Professional

What, that's Juve's real nickname. :joy:

We know, its just repetitive like most of the commentary, lol..
  • EFC
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special

People like you are unreal... Biggest concern hahahahah.....
  • Guedes is great again, just like cut 17 :love:
  • CharlieC
    3842 posts National Call-Up
    My issue with the demo is that it’s offline and against AI. I very rarely play against the CPU because it can do whatever it wants so very hard to gauge.

I’m pleased they’ve fixed the goal kicks, that was a nightmare in the beta. I think the timed finishing is pointless and nobody will use it. Pace is excellent and player responsiveness is better than 18.

It has real potential but until we see what UT is like, it’s hard to pass judgement. The addition of chem style boosts once it goes live always changes the dynamic.

The thing I hate most about the demo is the Scottish commentator. How annoying is he!!! Don’t mind Lee Dixon but I’ll turn that off as soon as I download the game.
  • Davvebingan
    EFC wrote: »

People like you are unreal... Biggest concern hahahahah.....

Well after only three games that was what I had found. You don’t notice gameplay stuff after three games more than it’s different. So quit the attitude. After some more games I also feel like the shooting has been nerfed, except timed shooting of course.
  • Alemas_2012
    edited September 13
    Just had the second commentator (Lee Dixon, I think) say the same line for two long shots in the same match.
    That's poor.
    Oh, more bad news... Geoff is integrated with the CL commentary team.
    Yes, he still exists.
  • Recoba
    2042 posts Fans' Favourite
    Had a great time playing online using share-play. It's a new game.
  • G000ner
    3515 posts National Call-Up
    Absolutely love it so far. Most of comments are complaining about the commentary, but since I listen to music that doesn't bother me. In terms of gameplay, it's the most balanced fifa to date. I like how they've made passing and shooting more difficult, and the gameplay speed feels much more realistic. No doubt that'll all change with the first patch to suit the casuals (or considering this is an old build, it probably already has). The tactics are great too, it allows you to feel a lot more control over your team.
  • Retro_G
    23499 posts Club Captain
    I don't get the point to timed finishing. Great concept, poor execution. Normal shots are more effective than timed finishing, have hit a good few perfectly timed green shots, they crack the bar, or the GK saves.

Pace, 50/50 battle's, player movement, tactics are brilliant, but we all know pace will be different in fut. Passing feels unresponsive, too many times the ball won't go where I aim, it will be under/over hit. Passing needs to be more responsive and less random.