OT: COD Blackout Beta

EddieFicio
22914 posts Club Captain
Anyone playing this? Watched a bit on twitch and it looks very very appealing. Like a high end PUBG.

Wondering if its too late to get access and how to go about if it's possible

Comments

• Campino
    29873 posts National Team Captain
    EddieFicio wrote: »
    Anyone playing this? Watched a bit on twitch and it looks very very appealing. Like a high end PUBG.

I’ve applied through the O2 priority app on Xbox but haven’t received a code fella
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    Campino wrote: »

I’ve applied through the O2 priority app on Xbox but haven’t received a code fella

Youve lost me there, no idea what that is :joy:

I was thinking of pre ordering thru amazon to get a code (for ps4 since it lasts longer) but not sure if ill still get one and if they take the money for preorders right away
  • Campino
    I’ll pre order though the Xbox and cancel if need be. It’s a thing I get with my phone provider but I still haven’t had my email so I’ll go a different route
  • Scutch
    19705 posts Club Captain
    Having watched a fair few videos, I don't think it looks anywhere near as good as BFV. Graphically it looks several years old.
  • Carswell
    8566 posts League Winner
    Scutch wrote: »
    Having watched a fair few videos, I don't think it looks anywhere near as good as BFV. Graphically it looks several years old.

• Gazza
    5249 posts Big Money Move
    I'm addicted to it.

My Xbox won't be getting turned on again till Gears 5, PS4 is killing it.
  • MisterJV
    10774 posts Has That Special Something
    what time does the beta go live for xbox?
  • SebCFC123
    7342 posts Big Money Move
    MisterJV wrote: »
    what time does the beta go live for xbox?

I think it’s the 14th, probably 6pm again
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    It's brilliant, you can get into the beta now with a digital pre-order on the store. They dialed back the graphics, but it honestly looks fine on the ps4 pro in HDR. Gameplay is more important than graphics, the gunplay is top notch.

I'm hearing lots of people whinge about the level 3 armor, but it's honestly fine, I'd like to see them increase the TTK, to allow more counter play. You drop people faster in Blackout than any other Battleroyal I've played.

I play the circle, so I rarely get shot from behind. I can understand how frustrating it must be for some players, looting for ten to fifteen minutes, to get plugged in the back by a tactically smart player and with no counter. Treyarch are listing to community feedback. An update is dropping today, with some balancing changes.
  • Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain
    Retro_G wrote: »
    It's brilliant, you can get into the beta now with a digital pre-order on the store. They dialed back the graphics, but it honestly looks fine on the ps4 pro in HDR. Gameplay is more important than graphics, the gunplay is top notch.

I'm hearing lots of people whinge about the level 3 armor, but it's honestly fine, I'd like to see them increase the TTK, to allow more counter play. You drop people faster in Blackout than any other Battleroyal I've played.

I play the circle, so I rarely get shot from behind. I can understand how frustrating it must be for some players, looting for ten to fifteen minutes, to get plugged in the back by a tactically smart player and with no counter. Treyarch are listing to community feedback. An update is dropping today, with some balancing changes.

15 min lol and you said its fast paced
  • iitalic
    1895 posts Play-Off Hero

Compared to pubg that is fast paced which is what this game is similar too.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    32547 posts National Team Captain
    Hard pass. COD is trash.
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    Preordering tonight to get beta access :)
  • Retro_G
    iitalic wrote: »

Compared to pubg that is fast paced which is what this game is similar too.

Exactly mate.
  • Retro_G

You can always cancel, if you don't enjoy. The new update pushed the player count up to 88, Treyarch should be increasing more as the week goes on. They tested 115 players, you can pick up items much faster now.
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain

You can always cancel, if you don't enjoy. The new update pushed the player count up to 88, Treyarch should be increasing more as the week goes on. They tested 115 players, you can pick up items much faster now.

I thought you can't cancel preorders on ps4?
  • ha032742
    43951 posts Moderator

You can’t without difficulty/lying to Sony...maybe he thought you were preordering on Amazon, which a lot of people do to get the code then immediately cancel it?
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    ha032742 wrote: »

You can’t without difficulty/lying to Sony...maybe he thought you were preordering on Amazon, which a lot of people do to get the code then immediately cancel it?

You get a code from amazon which you have to then redeem on the cod website to actually get a download code, apparently people have been having issues with that last part.
  • Retro_G

You can within two weeks.
  • Argie8
    6749 posts Big Money Move
    it looks like a better pubg and a worse/different fortnite. Will potentially be looking to squad up if i get it...
  • Campino
    ha032742 wrote: »

You get a code from amazon which you have to then redeem on the cod website to actually get a download code, apparently people have been having issues with that last part.

Yep mine hasn’t worked and is now locked to say I’ve had a code when I haven’t
  • MisterJV
    From what I have seen.. I don't think I will play PUBG again
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    I'm playing it now, need to get better but i'm having loads of fun
  • MisterJV

frame rate looks consistent ?

The beta access via preorder is genius . I never bother with COD since it's always the same but this one looks cool
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    9bb6ae63b4b799150ab986c4ec511332.png

Completed it mate, time to delete the game.
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2018

The beta access via preorder is genius . I never bother with COD since it's always the same but this one looks cool

It's smooth imo. Way better gameplay than PUBG and the gunplay imo is better than fortnite.
  • Retro_G

It's smooth imo. Way better gameplay than PUBG and the gunplay imo is better than fortnite.

Agreed, PUBG will die on console after release. Fortnite should be fine though, it's the new Minecraft for kids.
  • Alford1995
    3741 posts National Call-Up

Done the same. But how do you play it on the 14th? Will it automatically download on my console or do i have to download something ?
  • EddieFicio
    22914 posts Club Captain
    Alford1995 wrote: »

Done the same. But how do you play it on the 14th? Will it automatically download on my console or do i have to download something ?

Itll give you access automatically if you pre order on console. If its thru a retailer you should get a code in your email
  • Alford1995
    3741 posts National Call-Up
    Alford1995 wrote: »

Itll give you access automatically if you pre order on console. If its thru a retailer you should get a code in your email

Got that & then put it in on the cod website but thats the last thing i did. Nothing come after that?