Tips for starting FUT without spending.

Chubbs
14641 posts Has That Special Something
I've been saving money and cutting out spending money on things that are necessary. That being said I've never played a version of FUT without using FP's. I've never been able to turn coins into profit in years past but this year will have to if I ever want to use top players.

Any quick tips to help generate some coinage at the beginning of the game and even throughout so I might can use some icons/top informs throughout the year? I know the basics coin boosts, not quckselling, squad battles, etc. Any go to technique to slowly build the account? Thanks.

Comments

• Jfo88
    23100 posts Club Captain
    Just resist temptation and don't buy the game.
  • Maverick
    10129 posts Has That Special Something
    Don't you mean cutting out spending money on things that AREN'T necessary? Lol
  • Chubbs
    Maverick wrote: »

Yes I do haha
  • Chubbs
    Jfo88 wrote: »

Friends getting it on our shared account. No way I could resist playing it when it's free.
  • RandomLhama83
    10108 posts Has That Special Something
    learn to trade... really simple.
  • ITSSPENO
    2012 posts Fans' Favourite
    Chubbs wrote: »
    Jfo88 wrote: »

Friends getting it on our shared account. No way I could resist playing it when it's free.

Look out for the NIF trading guide when 19 comes out.

Can be done with a low coin start, and once you reach 100kish you'll see coins fly in for the first few weeks atleast
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    Read up on the Bronze Pack Method... I used it last year without spending and ended the year with essentially a full Icon team by end of May.

It takes determination and you need to stick to it and work at it every day but it allowed me the freedom to buy almost any card I wanted save the crazy expensive guys. I did the SBCs for Overmars, Rickaard, Blanc, Zanetti, Roberto Carlos and Yashin.... also bought Prime Del Piero from transfer market and also was able to buy TOTY Bonucci. After that it was a matter of just grabbing two strikers and a RM.

Played with combinations and by May I could get TOTS Messi, Prime Ronaldo and TOTT Bale to complete the squad. All from the bronze Pack Method and some timely investing around the mid season OTW cards (buy at 30k a few weeks before and sell at 50k when the Winter OTW drops).
  • YOLOT0URE
    7908 posts League Winner
    It’s all down to patience tbh. Generally EA follow the same trend so investing at the right time can make you a fortune. Plenty of trading guides go up but it won’t be profit in a day, most take a lot of relisting. I didn’t spend a penny this year and had over 7m easy. Didn’t play WL either. Squad battles is good to keep you ticking over if you can be bothered
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    There will be the following trading guides that go up when the 19 forum opens:

Nif trading
    IF trading
    Bronze pack method
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    joe666 wrote: »

That was extraordinarily helpful!
  • Scutch
    20808 posts Club Captain
    coatsy wrote: »
    joe666 wrote: »

That was extraordinarily helpful!

I particularly enjoyed this part:

and this:
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3952 posts National Call-Up
    Unlock the coin boosts in reverse so you get 1k for every game and do squad battles (not all 42 games, just enough for gold 2)
  • RebelRob
    7268 posts Big Money Move
    Nif and if trading was my go to last year.

It can take a little while to get the initial coins for it, but once you’ve got to the 50-100k mark they start stacking up quickly.

Obviously it takes a bit of time to work out what/who works well as well and you can have dud investments, but generally it’s wasiee to make than lose coins.

Also, the selling and rebuying at the key drops and rises is a massive one, if you’ve got 500k in assets, you can easily come out of that 200k up in a week or 2 for literally no effort.
  • Paulopudasso
    1545 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can someone explain the bronze pack method please
  • YOLOT0URE
    7908 posts League Winner

Open bronze packs
    Sell the content, if players are worthless, store in club for future sbcs. That’s generally what I did
  • Scutch
    20808 posts Club Captain

It takes a long time. There's a Bronze pack method thread. Do a search on Bronze in the title.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    Coin boosts make you so much if you just play games at the start, along with any division rewards or whatever they are this year
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    You really need a bit of luck, hope you get someone good in your loyalty packs on the web app. Then try get up enough coins to do the advanced SBC's, they're cheaper on web app before release, you should get someone good. Then invest your coins into good week one informs, or popular nif players that will go up once the game releases.
  • As mentioned above a few times, pay close attention to the trading threads that come up and go from there.

The key thing is coins make coins, the sooner you can get those coin boost games in and do some quick flipping, the better. Takes a lot of perseverance but well worth it IMO.
  • CeeQue
    14867 posts Has That Special Something
    MM was a gold mine for me also. Just look at potential Marquee games 2/3 weeks in advance and store them in your club.

Worst case scenario you don't need them and chuck them into some random SBC's. But when their time comes they fly through the roof. Made about 500k when the 1st Aussie MM dropped.
  • Addicksfan
    3624 posts National Call-Up
    Maverick wrote: »

:D

If your worried about your Win/loss record just play and grind SB at the beginning...you can use your starter team to play in SB, your team doesn't need to be anything special to win on Legendary, even playing Pro you'll get an Elite level finish if you play all the games.

Complete the initial tasks

Make sure you unlock the coin boosts...if you have access to them

Unlock catalogue items such as kits and balls and quick sell them

Bronze pack method, cheap and an easy earner...everything sells at the beginning of the game

Use the bronze pack method to complete the initial SBC's

invest your coins.....BPL full backs are an easy earner
  • dylwms
    2518 posts Fans' Favourite
    Spent a few quid last year, the plan is zero this year. I made a ton off marquee matchups and league SBC's last year, there's obvious ones you can invest in at the start easily for min. It's hard work though but if you know your leagues and fixtures it's easy
  • Finesse_4days
    17842 posts World Class
    Inform trading with 83s ,84s and 85s can make you big profit if you invest before the first prime icons are released , sbc fodder players like Parejo, Bonnuci and Buffon are good investments at the start as well.
  • Knowlesdinho
    15133 posts World Class
    Scutch wrote: »

It takes a long time. There's a Bronze pack method thread. Do a search on Bronze in the title.

It doesn’t take as long as you might think, as long as you do it properly.

The best thing to do is to mix trading styles. Have some space for BPM, some for nif, and some for IF.

Also look to make coins out of league SBCs. I helped some on this forum complete most of the league SBCs for profit @Ulook92 will back me up on this. If you want the secret to that, you’ll need to follow my bpm thread.

A really simple trading method is to buy rare silver cards at minimum on open bid, then relist them for at least 200 more coins at bin. I guarantee most will sell within an hour, and those that don’t just keep relisting or lower the price slightly. It’s a slow, but steady way of making coins.

Also study the market, sometimes certain items will sell for silly amounts for what seems like no reason. I’ve lost count of the times some random 52 rated GK has sold for 5k just because there were none on the market.

Finally look at teams that have a low amount of players in a certain position, if you’re patient, you can make some decent coins from them...Machado hey @jdros :wink:
  • Ulook92
    22354 posts Club Captain
    Scutch wrote: »

Also look to make coins out of league SBCs. I helped some on this forum complete most of the league SBCs for profit @Ulook92 will back me up on this. If you want the secret to that, you’ll need to follow my bpm thread.

A really simple trading method is to buy rare silver cards at minimum on open bid, then relist them for at least 200 more coins at bin. I guarantee most will sell within an hour, and those that don’t just keep relisting or lower the price slightly. It’s a slow, but steady way of making coins.

I can confirm. Thanks to a little tip from @Knowlesdinho i did about 7 league SBCs, all for profit.

There are many trading methods tbh.

Probably the easiest is NIF trading as its just a case of being able to relist cards as much during the day and restocking on cards you have sold.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/306721/trading-with-golds-non-pre-in-form-trading-low-coin-start-early-hype/p1

The most lucrative method is probably IF trading. But it requires a lot of patience and yoi have to be willing/able to sit on quite a lot of coins. Bonus from this is if an IF skyrockets because of an SBC, you xould be sitting on a gold mine. Same applies for NIF Trading.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/306651/if-trading-guide/p1

The most fun is definitely Bronze Pack Method. You get out of it what you put into it so it can make you quite a bit of coins but also can be time consuming. The bonus from this is you can easily fill your club with bronzes ans silver which will come in handy for future SBCs.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/309316/bronze-pack-method-thread/p1

And the final method i will touch on is the one i started with when i first started playing UT and before the above methods were in the public eye.

When i first started trading in UT12 i traded with Silvers and bronzes (basically like Knowlesy touched on above). I did make a trading guide on the old forum and i thought id carries it over but obviously not (does anyone know if the old forums are still up???)

Basically the key is knowing what stats are important for each position. So pace in every position obviously, but also having well rounded stats. Then buying them for under 200c and relisting them for 400c.

Ovbiously this method does not work as well as it used to with bronze ans silvers being obsolete for gameplay.

Hope this helps.
  • Blarix
    20869 posts Club Captain
    Do BPM trading if you don't value your sanity. It is the most mundane way of trading.

• Ulook92
    22354 posts Club Captain
    edited September 2018
    Blarix wrote: »
    Do BPM trading if you don't value your sanity. It is the most mundane way of trading.

Yeah its so much more fun to steal peoples credit card details innit @Blarix :trollface:
  • Scholesyy
    2566 posts Fans' Favourite
    Do we know when the web app is out? Can't remember the time last year.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    Scholesyy wrote: »
    Do we know when the web app is out? Can't remember the time last year.
    Couple of days before Early Access iirc
  • Blarix
    20869 posts Club Captain
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    Blarix wrote: »

Yeah its so much more fun to steal peoples credit card details innit @Blarix :trollface:

Why are you talking about cc theft?

Are you implying I stole someone's cc?