Name football club(s) that you like!

Comments

• KBS_Blades
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Born and raised a Celtic supporter. Always have been, always will be.

By the way OP, the top division in Scotland is called the Scottish Premiership. It was rebranded from the SPL five years ago.
  • KBS_Blades
    edited September 2018
    RayS wrote: »
    Just to add my 2p, there's a difference between a fan and a supporter of a club. The latter gives money to said club through buying merchandise etc
    A fan follows a club and always likes to see them do well.

So yes. You can have multiple clubs close to your heart imo

Tbh i forget that the word “support” has a different meaning in the English sense than in the way Americans use the word. Most Americans follow multiple sports and “support” multiple teams but more in the sense of the way you describe a “fan.”

Yeah I suppose I kinda get that tbh, that's just my take anyway. Here in Scotland we call people glory hunters for supporting teams that aren't even their local team. I support my local team, but I have a lot of friends who just support Celtic/Rangers because of one reason or another.

I’ve never agreed with the notion that you should support your local club. My local club is Greenock Morton, but I was born into a Celtic supporting family and I’ve always felt an emotional connection with Celtic. I, and a few others I know, prefer to go by “support whoever your dad supports”. I can’t say I know many people who don’t support the same team as the person who brough them up does.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12826 posts Has That Special Something
    KBS_Blades wrote: »
    Just to add my 2p, there's a difference between a fan and a supporter of a club. The latter gives money to said club through buying merchandise etc

Tbh i forget that the word “support” has a different meaning in the English sense than in the way Americans use the word. Most Americans follow multiple sports and “support” multiple teams but more in the sense of the way you describe a “fan.”

Yeah I suppose I kinda get that tbh, that's just my take anyway. Here in Scotland we call people glory hunters for supporting teams that aren't even their local team. I support my local team, but I have a lot of friends who just support Celtic/Rangers because of one reason or another.

I’ve never agreed with the notion that you should support your local club. My local club is Greenock Morton, but I was born into a Celtic supporting family and I’ve always felt an emotional connection with Celtic. I, and a few others I know, prefer to go by “support whoever your dad supports”. I can’t say I know many people who don’t support the same team as the person who brough them up does.

You've just confirmed my point :D
  • RayS
    25097 posts Player of the Year
    edited September 2018
    Born and raised a Celtic supporter. Always have been, always will be.

By the way OP, the top division in Scotland is called the Scottish Premiership. It was rebranded from the SPL five years ago.

Ah, thanks for that @KBS_Blades . I've updated the OP :)
  • KBS_Blades

You've just confirmed my point :D

Glad we agree ;)
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    Liverpool.
  • tilen11
    4892 posts National Call-Up
    Liverpool
  • Slawter
    3832 posts National Call-Up
    Chelsea as the club i support and always will. (thank god i went with my mums club instead of my dads team of Spurs)
    But big place in my heart for Milan after living there for 5 years as a kid/teenager and going to games and also Norwich City for living here a mile away from the stadium the majority of my life.
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    3317 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 14
    AC Milan since the days of Van Basten, Rijkaard, Gullit and co.
  • Turner12
    789 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 17
    melbourne victory a league and united abroad also hashtag united :D