FIFA Mysteries I hope I solve in Fifa 19.....

marktko
113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Ok my last few games on 18 as I go on holiday in morning and when back 19 will be out.

After many years of playing I hope I solve the following with Fifa 19.

I’m not crap at this game - can get to Div 2 before I come unstuck. Just crap at defending I suppose

- how to swarm defend and stick to an opponent like glue like some can no matter how you twist and turn. My guys back off no matter how I jockey and contain and chase and are left for dead when opponent switches direction. Guys in lower divisions can do this so it must be a tactic

- how some guys can read your mind and move to wait where you are going to pass it. Baffling I’ve played back heels at times when had other passes on it and they start to run to it before I even do it. Again some lower div guys can do this. So how ? They can’t be that good

- how the fastest striker can be through on goal but caught by a defender. Yet you can’t do the same when defending ?

- how some games you just know no matter what you do you are going to lose....

Will I solve these in Fifa 19. Probably not but I’ll carry on.....

Comments

• I will never solve why sometimes my players are just so unresponsive and don’t react properly to my commands
  • Adrew
    228 posts Sunday League Hero
    marktko wrote: »
    Ok my last few games on 18 as I go on holiday in morning and when back 19 will be out.

I’m not crap at this game - can get to Div 2 before I come unstuck. Just crap at defending I suppose

- how to swarm defend and stick to an opponent like glue like some can no matter how you twist and turn. My guys back off no matter how I jockey and contain and chase and are left for dead when opponent switches direction. Guys in lower divisions can do this so it must be a tactic

- how some guys can read your mind and move to wait where you are going to pass it. Baffling I’ve played back heels at times when had other passes on it and they start to run to it before I even do it. Again some lower div guys can do this. So how ? They can’t be that good

- how the fastest striker can be through on goal but caught by a defender. Yet you can’t do the same when defending ?

Yes I have the same problem, sometime a bad gold card CB just wins dual physical and/or arial battle with my Gullit 93
  • Korthan
    2397 posts Fans' Favourite

Do they have some kind of half-second lag advantage or something? Very annoying.

• Adrew
    228 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited September 2018

Yes, I would share the same frustration with you. I am a consistent div 2 player, but never in div 1 due to just 1 or 2 points short for promotion, where the frustration happened, whenever I need 1-2 points to be promoted to div 1 (with 2 or 3 games to spare), I always meet either a "god" squad with R9 96 or similar OP icon guys , or a gold rare squad. First, I must accept that the opponents are very good (Yes due to EA match system), even much better than me, but the way the their players react is just unbelievable:
    - For a "god" squad: R9 and OP guys just score from nowhere, 30 yard long shots or 20 yard headers etc, every chance is a goal. My defenders just run crazy without caring their function to defend, leaving big holes in defense line. And my STs hit bar and posts constantly.
    - For a gold rare squad: Their below-average defenders just outrun my Son Fof or Aguero Tots, or gold rare Fellelini or Matic just outrun and out muscle my Prime Gullit and Vieira.
    - Whenever I had 2 or 3 goals lead, the opponents just freely scored as all my players suddenly are as if in their holidays.

While understanding some certain aids would be given by AI, but these issues should be minimized to have fair chances for all.