FIFA19 proposal for fair resolution of game disconnects and rage quits

SVKslato8
417 posts Sunday League Hero
I would like to raise this topic for FIFA19.

I know that in FIFA18 once the rage quit or disconnect happens, it is resolved in these ways:
1, if the game is draw - no game count for both players
2, if you are winning - win count for winner and loss count for oponnent
3, if you are loosing - loss count count for looser and win count for oponnent

I personally find this very unfair treatment.

In every online game when the player disconnects from what ever reason he should not get a chance of no game count. Every time player disconnects he either gets loss or let the other player beat him, simple as that.

Every game has to be counted especially in FUT champions.

There are multiple examples how this is exploit is used by the players, I assume all of us have encountered that.

Proposal: COUNT EVERY GAME!!!

If one of players rage quits or disconnects:

No matter what the game score is at the moment, just apply the same rule which is already in game where you have approx 30 seconds after your pause menu has finished to control your players otherwise you forfeit the game automatically.

Simple rule, all games would be counted and every rage quit could get an option of 30 seconds to rejoin the game.

What do you think would this be fair?

Comments

• Cooler08
    608 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited September 2018
    I agree. That is how it used to be, if a player quit after 5 mins into the match when the game is a draw then they get a 3-0 loss. When was this changed?

It would be better if there was a re-connect option so then the game re-connects if you get disconnected. There could be a limit of two re-connects per match.

To comment on this, the thread is here.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/7431156
  • SVKslato8
    I don't know when but it is changed to what I mention earlier.

We need to count the each game.

Its ridiculous that online game can end up with no count.
  • SVKslato8
    Cooler08 wrote: »
    I agree. That is how it used to be, if a player quit after 5 mins into the match when the game is a draw then they get a 3-0 loss. When was this changed?

It would be better if there was a re-connect option so then the game re-connects if you get disconnected. There could be a limit of two re-connects per match.

To comment on this, the thread is here.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/7431156

Re-connect is not a good step in my opinion, it can trigger tactical disconnects and reconnects.
  • Burninman
    303 posts Sunday League Hero
    Does EA have anything to say about this ??? @EA_Andy
  • SVKslato8
    no response from EA
  • NikolaiSinclair
    35 posts Last Pick at the Park
    This is an ongoing problem and people do it all the time
  • SVKslato8
    I know but if EA doesn't want to pass this to devs we can't do anything about it
  • Boomba
    833 posts Semi-Pro
    The way I see it, whoever rages/disconnects/leaves when losing or drawing should take the loss and the other player gets the win.

If a player has rage quit, he's obviously quitting because his opponent is better. Why would he want a 30 second option to rejoin a game he knows he'll lose?
  • SVKslato8
    edited December 2018
    Why don't you mention scenario when rage/disconnects/leaves is leading...what should happen then?

the 30 second option is there to apply auto forfeit and consequently to get a loss to rage quitter and get a win to whoever is on the other end.

Currently there is no forfeit in the game, whoever quits or disconnects is not penalized but most probably rewarded by the sick EA game resolution system.

Why can't we get clear and fair game resolution?

1, if the game has to end immediately after one player quits/disconnect/leaves then EA has easy option to find out who left the dedicated servers first and get the loss to player who left the dedicated servers first and guarantee the win to other player

2, Game can continue if one player quits/disconnect/leaves and apply auto forfeit after 30 seconds and set the AI of the quiting/disconnection/leaving player to lowest possible amateur.

The most transparent solution is to keep the history of the games, even keeping the replays stored for a certain period.

If clash royale, fortnite and other online competitive games can afford to store multiple replays for each player I believe a EA giant could offer this too.

I assume they are using at the moment really budget solution for servers, but that is so short sighted, player base (competitive base not pay2win and lootbox addicts) will sooner or later switch to PES or other competitive game.

At this stage I am not sure why FIFA tournaments can be listed under competitive gaming.

There has to be even playground (the same decisions of referees, same outcome of the passes, shots, full manual settings, AI defending reduce to low difficulty to reward manual defending) and clearly defined rules about game quits/disconnect/leavers.

We are far from any of above mentioned parameters so we are left with arcade gameplay (which is fine for a certain players) but competitive players need to show the skills which can be reflected only in full manual settings

• BLaZiNgSPEED
    404 posts Sunday League Hero
    This has been mentioned before. I've made suggestions myself in previous posts.

EA should implement a system where rage quit should result in auto-loss. The kind of thing that happens on PC. Alt+F4 is rage quit. But if the game disconnects through no fault of the player due to unstable internet connection such as poor line. The system should be able to determine once reconnected whether the disconnection was a rage quit or not.

And upon a disconnection from the EA Server it should allow up to 2 minutes to reconnect. 30 seconds is way too short. Most of the times after a disconnection due to poor line quality/noise margin it takes a minute or a minute and a half to reconnect. https://lichess.org/ and https://chess.com/ allow up to 2 minutes after a disconnection to reconnect. If player does not return opponent can click claim victory. If it is a rage quit as in exiting the web browser the system detects as a rage and the quitter has only up to 10 seconds to return back.

This is the implementation that I would endorse for FIFA as well. Also let's not forget not all have Fibre to the Premises. In the UK only 6% have Fibre to the Premises, very poor coverage. While 95% of the UK has Fibre to the Cabinet all of them rely on a copper cable. If that last mile copper from the cabinet is too long, it will be susceptible to interference and poor reliability. Heavy rain and other radio interference's will cause internet to drop-out.

FTTP solves that problem as it is a much more robust and reliable connection. But until this does not become universally available to a larger coverage then in current system a disconnection should allow the user to reconnect and carry on as long as it is not a rage quit.