So this is what FUT 19 will be like?

Mr. Soper
2553 posts Fans' Favourite
With no DKT, and only season, is like pulling teeth. Really hope they have weekly turnys at least so you can make and play new teams

Comments

  • pudgyfudgy
    5368 posts Big Money Move
    Maybe do a little bit of research about the new seasons format before you post?

    I assume you like DKT because it has no real stakes and is pretty relaxed... you can use it to try new things and it's no big deal if you lose. Especially if you've already qualified for WL anyway. I enjoyed it for the same reason too.

    Well, the new Divisions Rivals is pretty much the same thing. Winning gets you more points, but you also get a bunch of points when you lose, which at least gives you some rewards at the end of the week instead of the paltry 2,000 coins from winning DKT.

    You can still try new formations or new teams or just try funny things. If you lose 5 matches with your funny team, just switch to your main team and win 5 to get the points to make up for the losses. Or not, if you don't give two hoots about the points. You have unlimited matches every week anyway, just play as many or as little as you like.

    So, I don't see the issue. You can still play the game at your own pace.
  • GoodnightIrene
    3319 posts National Call-Up
    Mr. Soper wrote: »
    With no DKT, and only season, is like pulling teeth. Really hope they have weekly turnys at least so you can make and play new teams
    You can make and play with new teams whenever you want, don't tale it and what everyone else is doing so seriously fgs x
  • iRusty_yo
    3921 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    Maybe do a little bit of research about the new seasons format before you post?

    I assume you like DKT because it has no real stakes and is pretty relaxed... you can use it to try new things and it's no big deal if you lose. Especially if you've already qualified for WL anyway. I enjoyed it for the same reason too.

    Well, the new Divisions Rivals is pretty much the same thing. Winning gets you more points, but you also get a bunch of points when you lose, which at least gives you some rewards at the end of the week instead of the paltry 2,000 coins from winning DKT.

    You can still try new formations or new teams or just try funny things. If you lose 5 matches with your funny team, just switch to your main team and win 5 to get the points to make up for the losses. Or not, if you don't give two hoots about the points. You have unlimited matches every week anyway, just play as many or as little as you like.

    So, I don't see the issue. You can still play the game at your own pace.

    Agree with most of what you’ve said, however there are vast majority of players within the community that like to play knockout style tournament as oppose to be on seasons.

    I’ve never had issue with winning the DKT, mostly used to give away the final to be able to play more as I didn’t touch WL much this year(burnt out from FUT17)

    With the division rivals it’ll be a lot more sweetie than most actually realise, granted the servers should be better but overall high prizes will attract highest level of toxicity from the community and that’s something I personally can’t get on with. It really frustrates me for the lack of game modes within FUT.

    CUPS were great in 16, taken out in 17 :(
    DKT was great in 17 & 18, reduced the number of wins one can win it mid 17 and taken out in 19.
    ....... we’re great in 19, taken out in 20.

    To me it feels like the game is being pushed so hard towards e-sports that your casual FUT player is being pushed out


  • Ricky2610
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I agree with all above, I have played FUT since it first started and this rivals will be a nice way to replace the usual seasons mode but would love the old gold cups etc back, especially the unique tournaments throughout the year like st Patrick’s cup etc was a lot more fun than current
  • Jonboyparker
    5275 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2018
    I agree with all the above also. But I liked the DKT and online Seasons because I'm an average player and actually found them quite challanging. It gave me something to enjoy, something to grind towards. Like getting to D1 or winning a Tournament. Mentally this is very rewarding for the casual gamer. It's not just the rewards.

    Division rival will be grey, don't get me wrong. And granted, the rewards will be much better, if you play a lot of games but the fun aspect has kind of been removed and replaced with hard core competitive modes where everyone will feel the need to win. It's the only way you can qualify for WL, it's another way of getting packs and veryone will be on it.

    I hardly play WL and feel the removal of more casual based online modes where i can use my FUT squad, test my skills and use different players is a bit disappointing.

    Even i would love some bronze, silver and gold cups to make the game a bit more interesting. I might not win them and i only have a 50/50 rate in DKT but i'd rather that than then same sweaty game over and over again.
  • BLqzTT
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The harsh reality is casual who aren’t so good at the game like other modes because they don’t want to be slaughtered every game which I get but there has to be incentive to get better, I used to be trash but with practice and playing good players you can get a lot better played gorilla lost 4-3, megabit 5-4 in extra time and I know I haven’t beat these players but they have unreal teams and are great at the game but only through practice these games were close, I know it’s nice to chill and not have to work hard every game but I’m the sort of person who likes competition so it’s perfect for me, lesser players only moan because they aren’t as good but you can’t expect a competitive football game to adjust to you because that’s the case.
  • pudgyfudgy
    5368 posts Big Money Move
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    With the division rivals it’ll be a lot more sweetie than most actually realise, granted the servers should be better but overall high prizes will attract highest level of toxicity from the community and that’s something I personally can’t get on with. It really frustrates me for the lack of game modes within FUT.
    hard core competitive modes where everyone will feel the need to win. It's the only way you can qualify for WL, it's another way of getting packs and veryone will be on it.

    We can reserve judgment until the game is out and we see how it really plays out. But once again let me try to explain why I think it won't be as hardcore competitive as everyone thinks...

    One big feature of Division Rivals is that you can play unlimited games every week. It's not like Seasons where you have to achieve a certain points tally in 10 games, or DKT where you have to win 4 games in 8 attempts, or even Squad Battles where you have to reach a certain level within 45 games. These modes feel relaxed at the start but start to get a bit stressful as you run out of games and realise you haven't hit your targets.

    In the new format, you need 1200 points to qualify for WL. It doesn't matter how you get the 1200 points. You could get it by winning maybe 10 matches or less. You could even get it by losing 30 matches in a row, because you also get some points when you lose. In short, the format is not as do-or-die as before. There are no must-win matches. If you lose one, just play another.
  • Jonboyparker
    5275 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2018
    BLqzTT wrote: »
    The harsh reality is casual who aren’t so good at the game like other modes because they don’t want to be slaughtered every game which I get but there has to be incentive to get better, I used to be trash but with practice and playing good players you can get a lot better played gorilla lost 4-3, megabit 5-4 in extra time and I know I haven’t beat these players but they have unreal teams and are great at the game but only through practice these games were close, I know it’s nice to chill and not have to work hard every game but I’m the sort of person who likes competition so it’s perfect for me, lesser players only moan because they aren’t as good but you can’t expect a competitive football game to adjust to you because that’s the case.

    Its not a question of getting better and improving. I've got much better this year and i expect ill improve again next year (well i hope so). I realised i was very poor at the start of the game and only played Pro offline. I now play Legendary offline and participate in WL. I'm only a silver/gold player and I'm happy to lose matches. I don't get hung up on losing like a lot of players.

    Everything about this game right now is challenging. All i'm saying is that if you take away 'ALL' the casual online modes and only leave the competitive modes it will be the same game over and over again. There will be no end product plus, no room to experiment and no room to lose. by the looks of it there will be no casual online modes to use your FUT team.

    You're right about the not wanting to be slaughtered ever game and i totally understand that you need to play better players to get better. I'm the kind of guy that will watch you attack me and see what you do. But theres only so much losing a player can take before they pack in the game. The point of the game is to create your ultimate team and have fun with it, not just battle for rewards, or get top 100 unless you gave a alternative motive and desire to get there.
  • Jonboyparker
    5275 posts Big Money Move
    edited September 2018
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    With the division rivals it’ll be a lot more sweetie than most actually realise, granted the servers should be better but overall high prizes will attract highest level of toxicity from the community and that’s something I personally can’t get on with. It really frustrates me for the lack of game modes within FUT.
    hard core competitive modes where everyone will feel the need to win. It's the only way you can qualify for WL, it's another way of getting packs and veryone will be on it.

    We can reserve judgment until the game is out and we see how it really plays out. But once again let me try to explain why I think it won't be as hardcore competitive as everyone thinks...

    One big feature of Division Rivals is that you can play unlimited games every week. It's not like Seasons where you have to achieve a certain points tally in 10 games, or DKT where you have to win 4 games in 8 attempts, or even Squad Battles where you have to reach a certain level within 45 games. These modes feel relaxed at the start but start to get a bit stressful as you run out of games and realise you haven't hit your targets.

    In the new format, you need 1200 points to qualify for WL. It doesn't matter how you get the 1200 points. You could get it by winning maybe 10 matches or less. You could even get it by losing 30 matches in a row, because you also get some points when you lose. In short, the format is not as do-or-die as before. There are no must-win matches. If you lose one, just play another.

    Thanks @pudgyfudgy Some good insite. Everything you said is very positive.

    I suppose for me, its the fact i wont really have anything to grind for, like winning a cup or playing seasons at my own leisure. DKT was just a bonus because it was a bit of a challenge to try to qualify for WL. Unfortunately most of my weekends are busy so playing these modes during the week were great for someone like me.

    I'm guessing the challenge now is to improve my skill rating... which doesn't really sound that great when you say it. And probably wont be great because i don't play every day for hours on end. I'm just worried, it will be a bit all samey.

    Thanks for the heads up.
  • Gromit
    3367 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018
    BLqzTT wrote: »
    The harsh reality is casual who aren’t so good at the game like other modes because they don’t want to be slaughtered every game which I get but there has to be incentive to get better

    Not at all....

    Believe it or not, their are people that want to use players other than Heung Min Son, Martial or Icons.

    When I look back at my FUT history, my favourite players were.

    Roman Adamov
    Baek Ji Hoon
    Thomas Broker
    Sherman Cardenas
    David Williams
    Hiroto Nakagawa
    Adem Ljajic

    To name a few, I've used Messi Ronaldo Bale Neymar and all the other top players and over each year I used to use all the cards people bang on about.

    But about 50% of my games would be bronze and silver or lower league golds l, non rare teams etc. And I'd make teams from every league and where I couldn't I'd make a hybrid.

    We're all different. But personally I find using the obvious players boring, especially year after year. Because you know what you're gonna get. There's no surprise or great mystery using Ronaldo, I know how he plays.

    Also why does being "casual" equate to not being very good? It has nothing to do with ability. They're just people that don't wanna spend their entire weekend playing this ****.

    Since the death of cups, the game has gone massively down hill from a fun and creativity perspective. There is literally nowhere to go with it.

    Die hard or casual, we all play to win and don't want to lose. Especially with all the negative goal celebrations etc. But the game forces you to have a great OP solid team or else you're gonna get your arse ripped out.

    The game needs a fun mode where you can make a bronze team and face a bronze team , same for silvers and actually you need to be able to make an Eredivisie team or Pro League team and not face a team full of icons too.

    The game is just a fugly mess nowadays.
    Post edited by Gromit on
  • pudgyfudgy
    5368 posts Big Money Move
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    With the division rivals it’ll be a lot more sweetie than most actually realise, granted the servers should be better but overall high prizes will attract highest level of toxicity from the community and that’s something I personally can’t get on with. It really frustrates me for the lack of game modes within FUT.
    hard core competitive modes where everyone will feel the need to win. It's the only way you can qualify for WL, it's another way of getting packs and veryone will be on it.

    We can reserve judgment until the game is out and we see how it really plays out. But once again let me try to explain why I think it won't be as hardcore competitive as everyone thinks...

    One big feature of Division Rivals is that you can play unlimited games every week. It's not like Seasons where you have to achieve a certain points tally in 10 games, or DKT where you have to win 4 games in 8 attempts, or even Squad Battles where you have to reach a certain level within 45 games. These modes feel relaxed at the start but start to get a bit stressful as you run out of games and realise you haven't hit your targets.

    In the new format, you need 1200 points to qualify for WL. It doesn't matter how you get the 1200 points. You could get it by winning maybe 10 matches or less. You could even get it by losing 30 matches in a row, because you also get some points when you lose. In short, the format is not as do-or-die as before. There are no must-win matches. If you lose one, just play another.

    Thanks @pudgyfudgy Some good insite. Did you play the beta? Everything you said is very positive.

    I suppose for me, its the fact i wont really have anything to grind for, like winning a cup or playing seasons at my own leisure. DKT was a bonus because it was a bit of a challenge to try to qualify for WL. Unfortunately most of my weekends are busy so playing these modes during the week were great for someone like me.

    I'm guessing the challenge now is to improve my skill rating... which doesn't really sound that great when you say it. And probably wont be great because i don't play every day for hours on end.

    Thanks for the heads up.

    There are still division levels. If your skill rating is high enough at the end of the week, you'll start the next week in a higher division where you'll play better opponents. If your skill level is too low, you'll drop to a lower division. So you're always playing someone of a similar level as you. You won't suddenly encounter a pro or a Top 100 player, unless that guy has been deliberately lowering his level. Needless to say, the rewards are better as you go up the divisions. So yes, there are still things to grind for.

    The other thing about skill rating is that it theoretically rewards good play. It gives you points for possession, pass accuracy, shots on target etc, not just the final result of the match. If you dominate a game with 80% possession and a lot of shots on target, but the opponent's Begovic saves everything and he scores a lucky counter attack to win 1-0 in the 90th minute, you'll still get more skill points than your opponent. Of course you would have gotten more points if you had won the game, but as I said, it's not the end of the world if you lose.

    The flip side of the skill rating system is that you might encounter opponents who try to game the system by, after going 2-0 or 3-0 up, start passing around the back just to get more points for possession and pass accuracy and other things. But then they'll quickly learn that if they do things like this just to go up a division, and start playing against opponents who are there by actually being good players rather than point-exploiters, it ends up being counterproductive and they waste a week losing a ton of games.

    Moral of the story, just do your best every game and don't be a d*ck.
  • Thamightyboro
    7066 posts Big Money Move
    iRusty_yo wrote: »
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    Maybe do a little bit of research about the new seasons format before you post?

    I assume you like DKT because it has no real stakes and is pretty relaxed... you can use it to try new things and it's no big deal if you lose. Especially if you've already qualified for WL anyway. I enjoyed it for the same reason too.

    Well, the new Divisions Rivals is pretty much the same thing. Winning gets you more points, but you also get a bunch of points when you lose, which at least gives you some rewards at the end of the week instead of the paltry 2,000 coins from winning DKT.

    You can still try new formations or new teams or just try funny things. If you lose 5 matches with your funny team, just switch to your main team and win 5 to get the points to make up for the losses. Or not, if you don't give two hoots about the points. You have unlimited matches every week anyway, just play as many or as little as you like.

    So, I don't see the issue. You can still play the game at your own pace.

    Agree with most of what you’ve said, however there are vast majority of players within the community that like to play knockout style tournament as oppose to be on seasons.

    I’ve never had issue with winning the DKT, mostly used to give away the final to be able to play more as I didn’t touch WL much this year(burnt out from FUT17)

    With the division rivals it’ll be a lot more sweetie than most actually realise, granted the servers should be better but overall high prizes will attract highest level of toxicity from the community and that’s something I personally can’t get on with. It really frustrates me for the lack of game modes within FUT.

    CUPS were great in 16, taken out in 17 :(
    DKT was great in 17 & 18, reduced the number of wins one can win it mid 17 and taken out in 19.
    ....... we’re great in 19, taken out in 20.

    To me it feels like the game is being pushed so hard towards e-sports that your casual FUT player is being pushed out


    Find a division you are comfortable at.

    I relegates myself to 2 every time I got to div 1 this year as couldn't be bothered with playing the same team every game.

    I imagine the new format will work much the same where there is a sweet spot of originality, competition and a large differentiation of teams.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    @pudgyfudgy Or a week where they can improve and learn new exploits
  • CharlieC
    6134 posts Big Money Move
    If the beta is anything to go by, 19 will at least offer the chance to use players who don't have pace but have on the ball skills (until the first patch anyway!)
  • BLqzTT
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gromit wrote: »
    BLqzTT wrote: »
    The harsh reality is casual who aren’t so good at the game like other modes because they don’t want to be slaughtered every game which I get but there has to be incentive to get better

    Not at all....

    Believe it or not, their are people that want to use players other than Heung Min Son, Martial or Icons.

    When I look back at my FUT history, my favourite players were.

    Roman Adamov
    Baek Ji Hoon
    Thomas Broker
    Sherman Cardenas
    David Williams
    Hiroto Nakagawa
    Adem Ljajic

    To name a few, I've used Messi Ronaldo Bale Neymar and all the other top players and over each year I used to use all the cards people bang on about.

    But about 50% of my games would be bronze and silver or lower league golds l, non rare teams etc. And I'd make teams from every league and where I couldn't I'd make a hybrid.

    We're all different. But personally I find using the obvious players boring, especially year after year. Because you know what you're gonna get. There's no surprise or great mystery using Ronaldo, I know how he plays.

    Also why does being "casual" equate to not being very good? It has nothing to do with ability. They're just people that don't wanna spend their entire weekend playing this ****.

    Since the death of cups, the game has gone massively down hill from a fun and creativity perspective. There is literally nowhere to go with it.

    Die hard or casual, we all play to win and don't want to lose. Especially with all the negative goal celebrations etc. But the game forces you to have a great OP solid team or else you're gonna get your arse ripped out.

    The game needs a fun mode where you can make a bronze team and face a bronze team , same for silvers and actually you need to be able to make an Eredivisie team or Pro League team and not face a team full of icons too.

    The game is just a fugly mess nowadays.

    I agree with you 100%, all I used to use from fifa 11-15 was silvers, I had a good team in 10 but like you said it was boring, it is so much more satisfying scoring with a silver or bronze player than 99 Ronaldo, the like of 74 tshabalala and Marlos, pienaar, maikon and serie a silver it’s was great but now it’s all in competitive which makes it hard to use those teams.

    I love competitive and it makes me play my best but I think there just needs to be silver and bronze tournaments like seasons but you have specify which team you want you use for the division and stick with it or an entire different divisions system for silver and bronze because at the moment the cards are useless, I want silvers to be viable more than anyone but it’s hard when you have to use the best players to compete. Personally I just want the best of both to have a competitive mode for lower players, but it’ll never happen because there is no money in it
  • Gromit
    3367 posts National Call-Up
    BLqzTT wrote: »
    Gromit wrote: »
    BLqzTT wrote: »
    The harsh reality is casual who aren’t so good at the game like other modes because they don’t want to be slaughtered every game which I get but there has to be incentive to get better

    Not at all....

    Believe it or not, their are people that want to use players other than Heung Min Son, Martial or Icons.

    When I look back at my FUT history, my favourite players were.

    Roman Adamov
    Baek Ji Hoon
    Thomas Broker
    Sherman Cardenas
    David Williams
    Hiroto Nakagawa
    Adem Ljajic

    To name a few, I've used Messi Ronaldo Bale Neymar and all the other top players and over each year I used to use all the cards people bang on about.

    But about 50% of my games would be bronze and silver or lower league golds l, non rare teams etc. And I'd make teams from every league and where I couldn't I'd make a hybrid.

    We're all different. But personally I find using the obvious players boring, especially year after year. Because you know what you're gonna get. There's no surprise or great mystery using Ronaldo, I know how he plays.

    Also why does being "casual" equate to not being very good? It has nothing to do with ability. They're just people that don't wanna spend their entire weekend playing this ****.

    Since the death of cups, the game has gone massively down hill from a fun and creativity perspective. There is literally nowhere to go with it.

    Die hard or casual, we all play to win and don't want to lose. Especially with all the negative goal celebrations etc. But the game forces you to have a great OP solid team or else you're gonna get your arse ripped out.

    The game needs a fun mode where you can make a bronze team and face a bronze team , same for silvers and actually you need to be able to make an Eredivisie team or Pro League team and not face a team full of icons too.

    The game is just a fugly mess nowadays.

    I agree with you 100%, all I used to use from fifa 11-15 was silvers, I had a good team in 10 but like you said it was boring, it is so much more satisfying scoring with a silver or bronze player than 99 Ronaldo, the like of 74 tshabalala and Marlos, pienaar, maikon and serie a silver it’s was great but now it’s all in competitive which makes it hard to use those teams.

    I love competitive and it makes me play my best but I think there just needs to be silver and bronze tournaments like seasons but you have specify which team you want you use for the division and stick with it or an entire different divisions system for silver and bronze because at the moment the cards are useless, I want silvers to be viable more than anyone but it’s hard when you have to use the best players to compete. Personally I just want the best of both to have a competitive mode for lower players, but it’ll never happen because there is no money in it


    It doesn't work though, the problem with "competitive" is it immediately negates most of the database whether its gold or bronze. If you make a silver competitive mode then only the top 50 fastest strongest most meta players or so get used like with golds now.



  • BLqzTT
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Gromit wrote: »
    BLqzTT wrote: »
    Gromit wrote: »
    BLqzTT wrote: »
    The harsh reality is casual who aren’t so good at the game like other modes because they don’t want to be slaughtered every game which I get but there has to be incentive to get better

    Not at all....

    Believe it or not, their are people that want to use players other than Heung Min Son, Martial or Icons.

    When I look back at my FUT history, my favourite players were.

    Roman Adamov
    Baek Ji Hoon
    Thomas Broker
    Sherman Cardenas
    David Williams
    Hiroto Nakagawa
    Adem Ljajic

    To name a few, I've used Messi Ronaldo Bale Neymar and all the other top players and over each year I used to use all the cards people bang on about.

    But about 50% of my games would be bronze and silver or lower league golds l, non rare teams etc. And I'd make teams from every league and where I couldn't I'd make a hybrid.

    We're all different. But personally I find using the obvious players boring, especially year after year. Because you know what you're gonna get. There's no surprise or great mystery using Ronaldo, I know how he plays.

    Also why does being "casual" equate to not being very good? It has nothing to do with ability. They're just people that don't wanna spend their entire weekend playing this ****.

    Since the death of cups, the game has gone massively down hill from a fun and creativity perspective. There is literally nowhere to go with it.

    Die hard or casual, we all play to win and don't want to lose. Especially with all the negative goal celebrations etc. But the game forces you to have a great OP solid team or else you're gonna get your arse ripped out.

    The game needs a fun mode where you can make a bronze team and face a bronze team , same for silvers and actually you need to be able to make an Eredivisie team or Pro League team and not face a team full of icons too.

    The game is just a fugly mess nowadays.

    I agree with you 100%, all I used to use from fifa 11-15 was silvers, I had a good team in 10 but like you said it was boring, it is so much more satisfying scoring with a silver or bronze player than 99 Ronaldo, the like of 74 tshabalala and Marlos, pienaar, maikon and serie a silver it’s was great but now it’s all in competitive which makes it hard to use those teams.

    I love competitive and it makes me play my best but I think there just needs to be silver and bronze tournaments like seasons but you have specify which team you want you use for the division and stick with it or an entire different divisions system for silver and bronze because at the moment the cards are useless, I want silvers to be viable more than anyone but it’s hard when you have to use the best players to compete. Personally I just want the best of both to have a competitive mode for lower players, but it’ll never happen because there is no money in it


    It doesn't work though, the problem with "competitive" is it immediately negates most of the database whether its gold or bronze. If you make a silver competitive mode then only the top 50 fastest strongest most meta players or so get used like with golds now.



    You but you have to understand winning has to be the most important thing or what is it we are playing, you can have fun and play with players you like and still win, if you’re good enough you will win games with whoever you have, the thing with silvers is they are meta players in regards to stats being low in particular areas some are high so it’s a trade off if you want fast and no finishing or average pace and a good shot for example, I’m struggling to see your stance on the game to be honest as you basically want a online game mode where winning is irrelevant where you can have fun, just play online friendlies then
  • Gromit
    3367 posts National Call-Up
    edited September 2018
    BLqzTT wrote: »
    Gromit wrote: »
    BLqzTT wrote: »
    Gromit wrote: »
    BLqzTT wrote: »
    The harsh reality is casual who aren’t so good at the game like other modes because they don’t want to be slaughtered every game which I get but there has to be incentive to get better

    Not at all....

    Believe it or not, their are people that want to use players other than Heung Min Son, Martial or Icons.

    When I look back at my FUT history, my favourite players were.

    Roman Adamov
    Baek Ji Hoon
    Thomas Broker
    Sherman Cardenas
    David Williams
    Hiroto Nakagawa
    Adem Ljajic

    To name a few, I've used Messi Ronaldo Bale Neymar and all the other top players and over each year I used to use all the cards people bang on about.

    But about 50% of my games would be bronze and silver or lower league golds l, non rare teams etc. And I'd make teams from every league and where I couldn't I'd make a hybrid.

    We're all different. But personally I find using the obvious players boring, especially year after year. Because you know what you're gonna get. There's no surprise or great mystery using Ronaldo, I know how he plays.

    Also why does being "casual" equate to not being very good? It has nothing to do with ability. They're just people that don't wanna spend their entire weekend playing this ****.

    Since the death of cups, the game has gone massively down hill from a fun and creativity perspective. There is literally nowhere to go with it.

    Die hard or casual, we all play to win and don't want to lose. Especially with all the negative goal celebrations etc. But the game forces you to have a great OP solid team or else you're gonna get your arse ripped out.

    The game needs a fun mode where you can make a bronze team and face a bronze team , same for silvers and actually you need to be able to make an Eredivisie team or Pro League team and not face a team full of icons too.

    The game is just a fugly mess nowadays.

    I agree with you 100%, all I used to use from fifa 11-15 was silvers, I had a good team in 10 but like you said it was boring, it is so much more satisfying scoring with a silver or bronze player than 99 Ronaldo, the like of 74 tshabalala and Marlos, pienaar, maikon and serie a silver it’s was great but now it’s all in competitive which makes it hard to use those teams.

    I love competitive and it makes me play my best but I think there just needs to be silver and bronze tournaments like seasons but you have specify which team you want you use for the division and stick with it or an entire different divisions system for silver and bronze because at the moment the cards are useless, I want silvers to be viable more than anyone but it’s hard when you have to use the best players to compete. Personally I just want the best of both to have a competitive mode for lower players, but it’ll never happen because there is no money in it


    It doesn't work though, the problem with "competitive" is it immediately negates most of the database whether its gold or bronze. If you make a silver competitive mode then only the top 50 fastest strongest most meta players or so get used like with golds now.



    You but you have to understand winning has to be the most important thing or what is it we are playing, you can have fun and play with players you like and still win, if you’re good enough you will win games with whoever you have, the thing with silvers is they are meta players in regards to stats being low in particular areas some are high so it’s a trade off if you want fast and no finishing or average pace and a good shot for example, I’m struggling to see your stance on the game to be honest as you basically want a online game mode where winning is irrelevant where you can have fun, just play online friendlies then

    Winning isn't the most important thing, playing is, the game should be fun, I play to win for sure, and nobody wants to lose. But I'd rather win and lose and use several hundred players and make dozens and dozens of different teams than have 1 MEGA team that hardly ever lost. In 17 it rather became that way and I ended up with players that had played 700+ games and it was just the most boring thing ever. It's like having Mario Kart with 1 track and the same character. The game is a constant repetition as it is, add using the same players over and over to the mix and it's even more boring and generic.

    Winning is important, but there has to be room for the MAJORITY of cards to be used like it used to be when the cup mode was in full swing. I'd make an Australian A League bronze team for example, they weren't the meta team, the English bronze were, and they were tough to beat, but you COULD at least compete with them and win. Because it was a pretty level playing field of sorts. I don't believe the game is like that anymore, you pretty much have to have a stellar team or those NIF cards that are just ridiculously OP like Martial.

    It's harder with golds because they range from 75 up to 99 and the difference between a 75 rated player and 99 rated player is massive. With Bronzes, people rarely used anyone lower than 60 and they max at 64 and Silvers only went from 65 to 74 so regardless of what team you made you had a chance and a reasonably fair game.

    By all means have a competitive mode where everyone uses icons and 94 rated Son and Martial etc,. But can we not at least have a mode where if you want to make a Pro league team or Eredivisie, or Bronze or SIlver you can get a match against a team that is in the same stratosphere. Is it really too much to ask for and too hard to understand?
    Post edited by Gromit on
Sign In or Register to comment.