International Football Lounge

124

Comments

  • MiIan
    12070 posts Has That Special Something
    Let's replicate 1988 again. B)
  • Alastair
    9126 posts Moderator
    So much for England not being able to beat big teams...

    The currently groups looks like Germany will be Pot 3 for Euro 2020 and WC 2022 qualifying.
  • Alastair
    9126 posts Moderator
    A late goal for Croatia to beat Spain tonight (congrats @DelboyIRA).

    That now sets up England v Croatia on Sunday as a winner takes all match for a spot in the Finals next summer.
  • Alastair
    9126 posts Moderator
    edited November 2018
    The Netherlands have beaten France meaning Germany are relegated and will now be in pot 3 for the draws for Euro 2020 and WC 2022 Qualifying. That means they are likely to be in a group with 2 of the top nations where only 2 teams will qualify with 0 playoff spots. :#
  • Alastair
    9126 posts Moderator
    Portugal have drawn 0-0 with Italy tonight which means they'll host the Finals next summer. Semis on 5th and 6th June with the 3/4 Playoff and Final on 9th June.
  • Alastair
    9126 posts Moderator


    :)
  • Alastair
    9126 posts Moderator
    Anyone following the Asian Cup?

    I can't say I follow Asian International teams too much, is everyone playing full strength sides? If so I assume Australia, Iran, Japan and South Korea would be the top teams?
  • Alastair wrote: »
    Anyone following the Asian Cup?

    I can't say I follow Asian International teams too much, is everyone playing full strength sides? If so I assume Australia, Iran, Japan and South Korea would be the top teams?

    The jack lounge is very up to date with it all. Aussies dropped the first game very lazily but you’re right on the favourites Son is joining Korea after group stages and 5* skillet abdulrahman and moot are the biggest names missing from the tourney otherwise it’s full strength. Uzbeks would be the underdogs imo
  • Alastair
    9126 posts Moderator
    Turner12 wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Anyone following the Asian Cup?

    I can't say I follow Asian International teams too much, is everyone playing full strength sides? If so I assume Australia, Iran, Japan and South Korea would be the top teams?

    The jack lounge is very up to date with it all. Aussies dropped the first game very lazily but you’re right on the favourites Son is joining Korea after group stages and 5* skillet abdulrahman and moot are the biggest names missing from the tourney otherwise it’s full strength. Uzbeks would be the underdogs imo

    Seems strange for Son to join halfway through. Surprised that's even allowed within the rules.

    Never knew Uzbekistan were any good. :open_mouth:
  • VagisilFC
    1301 posts Professional
    Alastair wrote: »
    Turner12 wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Anyone following the Asian Cup?

    I can't say I follow Asian International teams too much, is everyone playing full strength sides? If so I assume Australia, Iran, Japan and South Korea would be the top teams?

    The jack lounge is very up to date with it all. Aussies dropped the first game very lazily but you’re right on the favourites Son is joining Korea after group stages and 5* skillet abdulrahman and moot are the biggest names missing from the tourney otherwise it’s full strength. Uzbeks would be the underdogs imo

    Seems strange for Son to join halfway through. Surprised that's even allowed within the rules.

    Never knew Uzbekistan were any good. :open_mouth:

    Son missed games for spurs early in the year so he could play in the Asian games tournament. The reason being that if Korea won the gold medal he would get a military service exemption and not have to serve two years.

    They won so he won't have to take a two year break from football.

    In return Korea agreed not to call him up until the knockout rounds of the Asian cup. Win - win for Korea and Spurs.

    Another player tried to fake records of his military service, got caught and will never play for the national side again.

124
Sign In or Register to comment.