International Football Lounge

Comments

• MiIan
    12070 posts Has That Special Something
    bjornini wrote: »
    MiIan wrote: »
    #Hype

Tonight we're playing Peru to say goodbye to Sneijder, our most capped international player. End of a great era for him international wise.

Not expecting too much in the Nations League from us too. I'm getting more positive by the day since Koeman arrived and the amount of upcoming big talents, but we need some time before the new generation is on full potential.

For anyone wondering about our full team for this international period:
    - Remember De Ligt and Frenkie De Jong their name. Big big talents.
    Dl63cFZXsAALsoO.jpg:large

Also Vormer <3

Yes, deserved because of his solid season last year.

Though, he's not going to start in our important matches I think and has nothing to offer in the future.
  • Wales play Ireland tonight and I'm hoping we get a tiny bit of revenge after they beat us in the WC 2018 qualifiers.

Looks like Giggs will be trying out the younger players so should be interesting.

• apfelmus_maCHer1
    45514 posts FIFA Cover Star
    170c6c5aa11c297cdb7a0ff48704d41e.png
    bale hattrick imo
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    0552a6766df671d8942ce5ba7ea8deac.png
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    Rüdiger LB, Ginter RB, Werner LM, Reus ST, Kimmich CDM, Goretzka CAM
    wtf
  • Alemas_2012
    13756 posts Has That Special Something
    Rüdiger LB, Ginter RB, Werner LM, Reus ST, Kimmich CDM, Goretzka CAM
    wtf

I think nobody knows the real formation...
    Total Football II incoming, every player can do every position.
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    9f3b0ae9b90041e60c43d42690f5b950.png
  • Alemas_2012
    Holy smokes you are quick. :joy:
  • Alemas_2012
    Also, Germany with white shorts.
    Thought the 2014 World Cup was over.
  • MiIan

Surely Werner at ST?
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    Holy smokes you are quick. :joy:

:D :D
  • MiIan
    edited September 2018
    We're already 1-0 down to Peru. :D

Playing with a new formation and not the strongest eleven, though.
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    MiIan wrote: »

Surely Werner at ST?

nope, they showed that on TV
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    Babel playing LWB today??
  • NornIron
    10118 posts Has That Special Something
    Bales winning 2-0
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    170c6c5aa11c297cdb7a0ff48704d41e.png
    bale hattrick imo

1/3
  • MiIan
    Babel playing LWB today??

On paper, but mostly plays very far upfield.

Just a try out for the friendly. Should play ST against France.
  • HBK1925
    1825 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited September 2018
    Peru 1 - Netherlands 1
    Oof.
  • MiIan
    2-1, second of Depay.
  • Razer94
    1536 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dear god we bad :joy:
  • ryan217
    2761 posts Fans' Favourite
    It was nice of Ireland to put out an amateur side tonight to show solidarity with Denmark
  • Uksul
    582 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ryan217 wrote: »
    It was nice of Ireland to put out an amateur side tonight to show solidarity with Denmark

Lmao
  • Swagster123
    1709 posts Play-Off Hero
    can you put all the national teams in fifa please
  • Currieman
    4553 posts National Call-Up
    I understand the concept of the Nations League but I'm still trying to get my head around how it affects qualifying for Euro 2020.

20 teams qualify through normal qualifying and then 4 teams qualify through the Nations League playoffs but having read up about the playoffs it sounds confusing as hell :lol:

I'm just glad they've changed the international format a bit. The Nations League won't hold anywhere near the acclaim that the Euros/World Cup will but if your team wins (or you even make it to the final 4) at least you know your team is getting somewhere heading towards the next major tournament. At the end of the day anything is better than tons of friendlies!
  • Friendlies are so boring and as this is new it'll take a little while for it to be treated like the other major tournaments. It helps younger players more because instead of making debuts in friendly matches, they'll start in a game that has meaning. Less friendlies means you're pretty much guaranteed to play your first game that has pressure...which can be good and bad.

On another note, I absolutely loved that Connor Roberts goal. Nearly dropped my pizza whilst celebrating. And that's another good thing, that 8/10 internationals now will be competitive and every game could have an impact the future, further down the line.

Also it's better to see the likes of San Marino playing teams of their level more. May actually score a few and get a win here and there. Overall, Nations League is a major plus in my estimation.
  • So I'm quite surprised how good Poland was, some older players sorted out like Pazdan, brought in a few young players, good defense and we got some chances against Italy in Italy, pen was a bit iffy IMO, if there is a rule that when you touch the ball first there is no foul then dont give a pen please, Kuba would'nt have slid in there if he wasnt 100% sure he would get the ball first which he got, I think a win would have been deserved but a point in Italy is a good result aswell

btw the system of the Nations League is quite strange in all aspects
  • Alastair
    9126 posts Moderator
    Looking forward to tonight. England back in action against some mediocre team who struggled in the World Cup eventually losing to a team outside the World’s top 70.

Since the Nations League anthem is dreadful (https://youtu.be/jVtymEBxxI0) here’s the greatest anthem in world sport to get in the mood.

My hairs stand on end every time I hear that. So many great memories of internationals down the years (and of amazing World Cup games down the years).
  • apfelmus_maCHer1
    NornIron wrote: »
    Bring on Bosnia, Just have to injure Dzeko and Pjanic. Do they have any other decent players I know a few are out injured and some have retired.

Duljevic :trollface: @NornIron
  • NornIron
    10118 posts Has That Special Something
    I feel sick after that about 18 corners, over 20 attempts and Bosnia only had 2 chances. Dont even know if Pjanic was on didnt see him.
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    3286 posts National Call-Up
    Alastair wrote: »
    Looking forward to tonight. England back in action against some mediocre team who struggled in the World Cup eventually losing to a team outside the World’s top 70.

Since the Nations League anthem is dreadful (https://youtu.be/jVtymEBxxI0) here’s the greatest anthem in world sport to get in the mood.

My hairs stand on end every time I hear that. So many great memories of internationals down the years (and of amazing World Cup games down the years).

Russia is back on the rise, pipe down. Expect a Spain master class vs a medicore at best england side.