Anyone else think pack animation + normal gold cards design are both garbage.

UrboiStev
282 posts Sunday League Hero
Seriously ruined UT for me.

Comments

• BRISTOL86
    8662 posts League Winner
    Lol seriously, the game is ruined because of the way packs open or how cards look?
  • UrboiStev
    BRISTOL86 wrote: »
    Lol seriously, the game is ruined because of the way packs open or how cards look?

Yh, seeing as its a card based mode.
  • UrboiStev
    FIFA 19 this is
  • Zero_velocity
    626 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Lol just no. So you won’t buy a game because of the pack animations? You know that’s not normal right
  • UrboiStev
    Lol just no. So you won’t buy a game because of the pack animations? You know that’s not normal right

It's that and card design and no changes to pro clubs and no changes to career mode and basically because it's the same game with a blue background. So I don't want to waste my money. That normal?
  • mHazard
    13785 posts Has That Special Something
    UrboiStev wrote: »

It's that and card design and no changes to pro clubs and no changes to career mode and basically because it's the same game with a blue background. So I don't want to waste my money. That normal?

This is fine. But not buying a game because awful pack animation would be just stupid.

This is coming from a fella who has very strong ocd about cards and their dynamic pics.
  • UrboiStev
    mHazard wrote: »

This is fine. But not buying a game because awful pack animation would be just stupid.

This is coming from a fella who has very strong ocd about cards and their dynamic pics.

It's ruined ut for me. Opening packs is so much fun for me and now that is taken away
  • Zero_velocity
    626 posts An Exciting Prospect

It's ruined ut for me. Opening packs is so much fun for me and now that is taken away

Still not normal. Who cares what the animation looks like. If you’re playing ultimate team it’s for the players, not the packs.
  • JamieT96
    6930 posts Big Money Move

Still not normal. Who cares what the animation looks like. If you’re playing ultimate team it’s for the players, not the packs.

Disagree.
  • UrboiStev
    JamieT96 wrote: »

Disagree.

Thankyou
  • gabriel1990
    1633 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2018
    Its a bit exagerated but if you like opening packs so much I can see how bad animations would spoil your fun. Haven't seen them yet. How bad can they be?

Edit: Ok I saw them, awful animations indeed, maybe they will change it. Fifa 18's animations miles better
  • Zv1k0
    5645 posts Big Money Move
    I can totally understand OP. I mean, I didn't want to open some packs in Fifa 18 because they were those ugly thin packs even though animation is the same. :D
  • CeeQue
    9672 posts League Winner
    The animation in general is meh... Seems so much work could have been done elsewhere in the game to put much emphasis on something so trivial.
  • UrboiStev
    Its a bit exagerated but if you like opening packs so much I can see how bad animations would spoil your fun. Haven't seen them yet. How bad can they be?

Edit: Ok I saw them, awful animations indeed, maybe they will change it. Fifa 18's animations miles better

I can't see them changing it.
  • Mmandras
    1272 posts Professional
    I will skip them always. Can't go through all the fanfares just to get 79 rated 65 pace CB. They can make the whole new openning movie with Kevin Costner for all I care...
  • wade_7_
    4555 posts National Call-Up
    Mmandras wrote: »
    I will skip them always. Can't go through all the fanfares just to get 79 rated 65 pace CB. They can make the whole new openning movie with Kevin Costner for all I care...

I ain't too sure that will be a big USP to be honest :D
  • Dazzler
    1677 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fifa is going down the pan imo.

I hope it is being reflected in sales both game wise and packs and effects EAs profits.

That is the only way we will get proper effort put back into the game or heaven forbid EA listen to its gamers!!!
  • ConMan123
    255 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dazzler wrote: »

I hope it is being reflected in sales both game wise and packs and effects EAs profits.

That is the only way we will get proper effort put back into the game or heaven forbid EA listen to its gamers!!!

Yeah no chance I’m buying 19. They always change random things like in 19 changing the shooting system. Why though? Change gameplay that needs to be fixed not something trivial like this is a different way to do the same thing. Or this year with defense overhaul. But it takes time to get used to/good at the changes. Then takes time to build up a good team in UT (unless you spend real money- no way I’m doing that ever). Just to have them completely stop doing anything with UT for a couple months before the new one comes out and to stop WL trying to basically force people to buy the new one.
  • UrboiStev
    Dazzler wrote: »

Exactly. That's why Im not buying this year. But my brother is going to buy it. And I asked why as nothings changed. He went, just cos it's FIFA. So that sums up the fanbase
  • keyroy
    1563 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tbh i hated the pack animation on the beta. Hope they change it
  • UrboiStev
    keyroy wrote: »
    Tbh i hated the pack animation on the beta. Hope they change it

Everyone does