What is your best single striker formation?

l OwNz l
568 posts An Exciting Prospect
As the title, what is your best single striker formation?

I can't get the 4-2-3-1 with the cam's to work for me, and started struggling with the 4-1-4-1.

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    88924 posts Moderator
    433 flat
  • MPL4
    1806 posts Fans' Favourite
    Play without one. False 9 is by far the most complete formation there is. The 2 cm's will over lap giving you 5 players attacking
  • kktalha
    2136 posts Fans' Favourite
    4231, 433-5 and 433-2
  • AtomicOdin
    1208 posts Professional
    433 (4) for me, cant get to grips with either of the 4231 formations this year for some reason.
  • John-R-Hampton
    995 posts Professional
    433-4
    4231-2 previously
  • Wooly1203
    3417 posts National Call-Up
    433(4)
  • On Fire FC
    130 posts Has Potential To Be Special
  • l OwNz l
    thanks for the replies!
    So mostly a 4-3-3 variation.

@John-R-Hampton what tactic did you use? Eddie's guide here on the forum?

@MPL4
    I dislikes having the striker set as a target man, what do you set your CF at? Plus i got RB ronaldo, not sure he would work great as a CF
  • Cyklon
    2837 posts National Call-Up
    4141 - not lost in almost 20 games since reading @Thatoe 's guide, you just got to set instructions and change default team tactics, been amazing for me so far, first time I have enjoyed using L&R MF players rather than wingers or wide forwards this year

4411 was decent as well
  • Drew
    519 posts An Exciting Prospect
    4-3-3 (2).

I like to play with a lone CDM (IF Busquets) as he's a ball winner who can ping a pass to turn defence in to attack.

TOTS Lewandowski occupies the lone striker role with NIF Ronaldo and TOTS Robben supporting from the wings. Absolutely lethal on the counter attack, as you'd expect.
  • l OwNz l
    @Cyklon have been playing with his setup. Did you change the instructions for the striker?
  • Cyklon
    2837 posts National Call-Up
    l OwNz l wrote: »
    @Cyklon have been playing with his setup. Did you change the instructions for the striker?

I used him as target man and played great, same as the guide, using Stoichkov upfront on his own, he's not that tall but he's strong as anything, going to try Zlatan there soon if I can afford his Tots...