Legends in career mode!

Kasa
237 posts Sunday League Hero
Please ea add legends in career mode! Anyone agree?

Comments

• OZero
    7666 posts League Winner
    agree. Close thread please.
  • Howler19
    1013 posts Professional
    edited August 2018
    Strongly disagree. Career mode is all about realism. Keep the fantasy games in FUT and kick-off.
  • Kasa
    Howler19 wrote: »
    Strongly disagree. Career mode is all about realism. Keep the fantasy games in FUT and kick-off.

Or make it an option where you can add them or not
  • SmokeSwift1
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    They will never add them then people will stop fut and stop buying packs or stop playing wl to make coins and get the icons when you can play with them for free in career mode.
  • Disagree. I want realistic rosters. Not somebody who’s been retired for 20-30 years.
  • MeanOnSunday
    1541 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can you edit the squads before starting the career? Never tried with legends but I often do some edits before starting to try to fix some of EAs idiocies (e.g. your team irl just made 100 mill in transfer profit; EA puts the players on the new teams squad but your starting transfer budget is 30 million.).
  • Galayn
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They will never add them then people will stop fut and stop buying packs or stop playing wl to make coins and get the icons when you can play with them for free in career mode.

do you really think people only plays FUT because of the legends? there were no legends on PS4 until 18
  • Niklasf95
    143 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Galayn wrote: »

do you really think people only plays FUT because of the legends? there were no legends on PS4 until 18
    Yet there are legends now... the only reason there were no Legends on PS4 was because EA got a lot of money for an exclusive deal with Xbox. That deal ended, now they have icons on both.
  • Niklasf95
    I think they are more pressing changes EA could implement to make CM more realistic, rather than turning it into a fantasy mode.
  • MrMack08
    452 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Kasa wrote: »
    Howler19 wrote: »

Or make it an option where you can add them or not

This.
  • Kasa
    Can you edit the squads before starting the career? Never tried with legends but I often do some edits before starting to try to fix some of EAs idiocies (e.g. your team irl just made 100 mill in transfer profit; EA puts the players on the new teams squad but your starting transfer budget is 30 million.).

Yep this is possible, I don’t see what the problem people have with putting legends offline and have option on or off to use them
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Talk about having a tin ear - one of the major things people always talk about in career mode is realism and you want to add legends.
  • SmokeSwift1
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    Niklasf95 wrote: »

Yet there are legends now... the only reason there were no Legends on PS4 was because EA got a lot of money for an exclusive deal with Xbox. That deal ended, now they have icons on both.

Bro icons bring in lots of money. That's why 18 was a recenue record breaking for EA. If that wasn't the case, Luis Hernandez wouldn't have been icon, he wasn't that good in real life. He is just there to bring in mexican fans.
    For me as a Barca fan, would do anything to get Cruyff or Rivaldo before first weekend league. If i could play with them for free in career mode, i won't play fut as much as i would.
  • Sporter
    750 posts Semi-Pro
    Would be cool if winning Div 1 on H2H allowed you to use an ‘Icon team’ in H2H.
  • Diggy
    15931 posts World Class
    I wish I could use my icons/legends in the practice arena that’s always bugged me for 5 editons
  • Niklasf95
    Niklasf95 wrote: »

Bro icons bring in lots of money. That's why 18 was a recenue record breaking for EA. If that wasn't the case, Luis Hernandez wouldn't have been icon, he wasn't that good in real life. He is just there to bring in mexican fans.
    For me as a Barca fan, would do anything to get Cruyff or Rivaldo before first weekend league. If i could play with them for free in career mode, i won't play fut as much as i would.

That’s what I mean. It’s very lucrative for them to make icons available on multiple platforms as well as continuously add new ones.
  • Neckabob
    14476 posts Has That Special Something
    Whats the point
  • NathW90
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Legends in career mode makes absolutely no logical sense whatsoever, so no.

Now, reinstating the Legends XI for kick off matches? That absolutely should never have been removed in the first place, but was done as a ploy to force people to buy more packs trying to acquire icons in Ultimate Team.
  • Everyone has their own opinion. It’s very selfish of someone to say legends in career mode makes no sense. Does it really make sense in FUT?? FIFA became FIFA because of legends. I have played every FIFA game since 1994. EA should create an ON or OFF Legends in Career mode option. Everyone will be happy because it would be OPTIONAL. I don’t play fut because I’d rather invest my hard earned cash towards something better than a fantasy card. The concept is great but not for me. There are other ways to make money. Example sell the legends as DLC packs playable in career mode. Or if you win a league title you unlock a legend playable in Career Mode. Now why Am I going to spend my money on coins to unlock legends that aren’t even playable in career mode?? That makes no sense. Career Mode is the heart of FIFA. There is no FIFA without career mode. FUT is a great option for those gamers who are competing to be the best FIFA player in the world. It’s competitive. Again it’s an OPTION because what you like I may not like. So FIFA has to draw a line and satisfy both sides. My take is if you have the legends liscense than use it to your full advantage and satisfy all your customers. You can still make money off career mode.
  • Howler19
    1013 posts Professional
    Everyone has their own opinion. It’s very selfish of someone to say legends in career mode makes no sense. Does it really make sense in FUT?? FIFA became FIFA because of legends. I have played every FIFA game since 1994. EA should create an ON or OFF Legends in Career mode option. Everyone will be happy because it would be OPTIONAL. I don’t play fut because I’d rather invest my hard earned cash towards something better than a fantasy card. The concept is great but not for me. There are other ways to make money. Example sell the legends as DLC packs playable in career mode. Or if you win a league title you unlock a legend playable in Career Mode. Now why Am I going to spend my money on coins to unlock legends that aren’t even playable in career mode?? That makes no sense. Career Mode is the heart of FIFA. There is no FIFA without career mode. FUT is a great option for those gamers who are competing to be the best FIFA player in the world. It’s competitive. Again it’s an OPTION because what you like I may not like. So FIFA has to draw a line and satisfy both sides. My take is if you have the legends liscense than use it to your full advantage and satisfy all your customers. You can still make money off career mode.

It doesn't have to make sense in FUT because FUT is a fantasy land where reality is irrelevant. But obviously I don't care if someone else uses legends in career mode as long as the off switch is there for me.
  • Truthurts
    1775 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just have the OPTION like PES does have it as an option there is nothing wrong with that!

But of course they will never do it cause it will see some people stop playing FUT and buying FP.