FIFA 20 Pro Clubs

Do you guys think EA will improve Pro Clubs on Fifa 20 at least? Because for the last 10 years they've done nothing.

#FixProClubs
#ProClubsFIFA20

Comments

• TheRealHarrison
    677 posts An Exciting Prospect
    They'll probably remove it and replace with another mode that makes money I'm afraid :(
  • mdizzl3
    12291 posts Has That Special Something
    Never touched it myself, is it the mode where you each control 9ne player?
  • Massikiller
    63 posts Park Captain
    Well, it will be the 10th anniversary of pro clubs mode, so I really hope good news. But it's only a hope, I don't really believe EA will do anything good
  • I SiR MartY I
    5269 posts Big Money Move
    Well, it will be the 10th anniversary of pro clubs mode, so I really hope good news. But it's only a hope, I don't really believe EA will do anything good

FIFA 19 is the 10th anniversary. Pro Clubs was in FIFA 09.

But as for FIFA 20, its more likely Pro Clubs will be taken out by then, or EA will just copy and paste the same thing over again. There is so much that could be done with the mode but I'd settle for a better VP system and obviously better gameplay. The VP system from 18 is just awful, EA decide your stats and playstyle for you, takes any sort of uniqueness out of the game when you have to play the way EA want you to.
  • HarryKein
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    I want a better AI
  • Massikiller
    63 posts Park Captain

But as for FIFA 20, its more likely Pro Clubs will be taken out by then, or EA will just copy and paste the same thing over again. There is so much that could be done with the mode but I'd settle for a better VP system and obviously better gameplay. The VP system from 18 is just awful, EA decide your stats and playstyle for you, takes any sort of uniqueness out of the game when you have to play the way EA want you to.

You're right, it started on fifa 09, but there you didn't have your pro, you played with real players instead. So the pro clubs as we know it started on fifa 10, at least that's the way I see it.
  • I SiR MartY I

You're right, it started on fifa 09, but there you didn't have your pro, you played with real players instead. So the pro clubs as we know it started on fifa 10, at least that's the way I see it.

Fair point. I still don't see EA updating the mode for 20, they've had years to make changes and still haven't. I still think Clubs is going to be removed at some point.
  • blacklotus
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    And the changes they need to make are mostly related with customization options. That alone would mean a great deal.
    Then, if they could give a damn about the mode, they could implement ways to setup oficial leagues and tournaments with oficial football federations that have to do everything by hand.

To be honest, seeing how dedicated the Pro Clubs players and community are, they should just think of monetizing the mode.
    Get player cosmetic configurations behind a pay wall/slow grind for haircuts, tattoo's, celebrations, running animations, whatever.
  • Massikiller
    63 posts Park Captain
    I still think it will not disappear because of the esports community.
    Once EA realize the potential it has... I really think the pro clubs esports as much more potential than a regular 1vs1 esports match.
    But they have to make it right.
  • I SiR MartY I
    Once EA realize the potential it has... I really think the pro clubs esports as much more potential than a regular 1vs1 esports match.

That part is never going to happen in my opinion. Its been 10 years, EA haven't made any effort to make Pro Clubs the focus of esport. EA still continue to shove UT down our throats. They will continue to make every competition UT based because it'll lead to people going to UT and spending money. Also they can offer rewards to fans to make them tune in to boost viewership.

I'd personally rather watch 22 top players going head to head than 2 players letting the AI do all the work while they both have mirror teams. Seeing Gullit, Ronaldo, Ferdinand etc on the pitch twice isn't interesting, watching a player sit and hold RB half the game to let the AI defend isn't interesting.

But, its the moneymaker and will always be the focus. Pro Clubs isn't going to be put centre stage overnight.
  • blacklotus
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park

That part is never going to happen in my opinion. Its been 10 years, EA haven't made any effort to make Pro Clubs the focus of esport. EA still continue to shove UT down our throats. They will continue to make every competition UT based because it'll lead to people going to UT and spending money. Also they can offer rewards to fans to make them tune in to boost viewership.

I'd personally rather watch 22 top players going head to head than 2 players letting the AI do all the work while they both have mirror teams. Seeing Gullit, Ronaldo, Ferdinand etc on the pitch twice isn't interesting, watching a player sit and hold RB half the game to let the AI defend isn't interesting.

But, its the moneymaker and will always be the focus. Pro Clubs isn't going to be put centre stage overnight.

It's "kinda" funny how some Football federations and clubs actually felt the potential of pro clubs first.
  • Bobo23
    534 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Nothing will change on this gen, next gen will be our only hope now.
  • I SiR MartY I
    blacklotus wrote: »

It's "kinda" funny how some Football federations and clubs actually felt the potential of pro clubs first.

Yeah, seeing real teams sponsor Pro Clubs teams is insane. They want to back Pro Clubs but EA don't don't.
  • It´s an easy decision. If they don´t improve pro clubs at 20, i won´t buy fifa anymore. I will give 19 a try and will propably play it alot ´cause of my teammates. But as much gameplay as i have seen so far, there are no big game-changers in gameplay and i will not stand another Fifa17.4.

Anyway - no hope, that EA cares :s
  • BLqzTT
    638 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yhh I truly don’t understand how pro clubs isn’t huge and i know it comes down to money that hey make from UT because they know if they pushed clubs and made it massive then they lose money obviously. It would be great to see a season league of 20 pro teams playing like 10/12 minute halves playing once or twice a week or something with it being streamed on twitch and commentated over, it could be massive but the money will never allow it to happen
  • the_boss_gurveer
    1962 posts Fans' Favourite
    BLqzTT wrote: »
    Yhh I truly don’t understand how pro clubs isn’t huge and i know it comes down to money that hey make from UT because they know if they pushed clubs and made it massive then they lose money obviously. It would be great to see a season league of 20 pro teams playing like 10/12 minute halves playing once or twice a week or something with it being streamed on twitch and commentated over, it could be massive but the money will never allow it to happen

• Fifa 19 is the first version of the game I haven't bought since 13. My friends and I only play pro clubs, but since there were no improvements made at all, none of us bought it and we're sticking with only Overwatch. If there's some improvements to Fifa 20 pro clubs we would probably come back.
  • Massikiller
    63 posts Park Captain
    Fifa 19 is the first version of the game I haven't bought since 13. My friends and I only play pro clubs, but since there were no improvements made at all, none of us bought it and we're sticking with only Overwatch. If there's some improvements to Fifa 20 pro clubs we would probably come back.

The best thing you could have done :wink: