What should I do for my last player, Ronaldo Icon?

alanrudy
1557 posts Play-Off Hero
edited August 2018
So I goofed on some investments, probably went about the wrong strategy as I look back, got to try many players that I'm glad I got to, but held off on Ronaldo for too long and his price is up a lot. Ronaldo will complete chem for my team and is a player I really want to use so it doesn't bother me if his base (or any card) isn't great value for coins at this stage. If I sell all my club minus my starters I'll have roughly 800k, just enough for the base Ronaldo. OR....
If I made a run at Ronaldo SBC and gut/use untradeables from my pretty good 2nd team I'll be 2 icons and an 85 rated squad short (icons are starting at almost 300k now! and I've done all the cheap icon sbcs already). On one hand, that's a lot short for this late in the game, on the other hand it'll be more of the real Ronaldo experience with 5*sm5*wf. and maybe I'll get lucky in the packs (pretty doubtful with my usual pack luck though lol). I'm making the decision in the next few hours. Which Ronaldo/What do you all think I should do??? Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• WarrenBarton
    10986 posts Has That Special Something
    Grind that prime if you can, can you trade your way to one of the needed icons?
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2018

Thanks, probably can't trade my way using my usual trading methods. Maybe I should try something new, but actually trying new things the last couple of weeks/waiting on that eoe cr7 kind of got me in this trouble of not getting him when his price was lower and special cards were still in packs.
  • WarrenBarton
    alanrudy wrote: »

Thanks, probably can't trade my way using my usual trading methods. Maybe I should try something new, but actually trying new things the last couple of weeks/waiting on that eoe cr7 kind of got me in this trouble of not getting him when his price was lower and special cards were still in packs.

Yeah that’s a bummer. To be honest you will need to be really lucky to complete him if you’re 2 icons short.

Are there any icon sbc’s you can do for less than 300k and then you will get even more packs that you can hope for a bit of luck from?

I actually pulled base desailly when I did him but that was very lucky and it was in the final sbc I did (88 rated one iirc)
  • Whufc
    1380 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah that’s a bummer. To be honest you will need to be really lucky to complete him if you’re 2 icons short.

Are there any icon sbc’s you can do for less than 300k and then you will get even more packs that you can hope for a bit of luck from?

I actually pulled base desailly when I did him but that was very lucky and it was in the final sbc I did (88 rated one iirc)

Litmanen and zanetti can both be done for less than 200k each

I completed ronaldo today
  • Oweyman
    1240 posts Professional
    Defo do Prime Ronaldo, he will be a completely different beast to the base version. As you say you'll only get the real Ronaldo experience if you get the prime, and you definitely won't be disappointed, he's a beast!
  • Whufc
    1380 posts Play-Off Hero
    Oweyman wrote: »
    Defo do Prime Ronaldo, he will be a completely different beast to the base version. As you say you'll only get the real Ronaldo experience if you get the prime, and you definitely won't be disappointed, he's a beast!

Not had a chance to use him yet but I hope his worth it after getting rid of my packed prime dinho for him
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2018

Awesome pull! I've done all the ones cheaper than current icon prices of 300k except Schmeichel. With Gullit, Vieira (did while special cards were in packs), Crespo, Litmanen, Nesta, Zanetti, Larsson I didn't pack any players above 35k. Maybe I'm due?? Lol.
  • Oweyman
    1240 posts Professional
    Whufc wrote: »

Not had a chance to use him yet but I hope his worth it after getting rid of my packed prime dinho for him

Wow, I wouldn't have recommended doing that because they would have been a quality pair, but R94 will be worth it for you I'm sure!
  • Whufc
    1380 posts Play-Off Hero

Wow, I wouldn't have recommended doing that because they would have been a quality pair, but R94 will be worth it for you I'm sure!

I’ve already done it just waiting to use my R9 96
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah @Oweyman , I want to, but I'll be two icons (they start at 300k now) and 85 rated squad rated short, and we're already late in game, what if I have to wait too long to get the coins to finally finish his prime sbc??
  • Whufc
    1380 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah @Oweyman , I want to, but I'll be two icons (they start at 300k now) and 85 rated squad rated short, and we're already late in game, what if I have to wait too long to get the coins to finally finish his prime sbc??

You can do the litmanen and zanetti sbc for 180k each so for 2 icons 92 and 90 rated for 360k
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero

You can do the litmanen and zanetti sbc for 180k each so for 2 icons 92 and 90 rated for 360k

Thanks for input @Whufc but I already did Litmanen, Zanetti and all icons under 300k except Schmeichel.
  • Whufc
    1380 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nesta
    Crespo
    Larson ?
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nesta
    Crespo
    Larson ?

Yup. All ones under 300k except Schmeichel.
  • Natureboy44
    963 posts Professional
    edited August 2018
    Rijkard doesn't require an icon, neither does Alan Shearer or Kluivert all under 400k
  • Whufc
    1380 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nesta
    Crespo
    Larson ?

Any of the ones a little over 300k
    Inzaghi
    Laudrep
    Okocha
    Rijkaard
    Van der sar
    Can all be done for less than 350k
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Rijkard doesn't require an icon, neither does Alan Shearer or Kluivert all under 400k
    Nesta
    Crespo
    Larson ?

Any of the ones a little over 300k
    Inzaghi
    Laudrep
    Okocha
    Rijkaard
    Van der sar
    Can all be done for less than 350k

Thanks for input guys, not bad but going above 300k for an icon sbc though runs more risk if I don't get lucky in packs to actually save coins on the two icons and 85 rated squad I'd be short of Ronaldo.
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    Just do it. Game is almost over and he’s the best ST in the game
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just do it. Game is almost over and he’s the best ST in the game

Which one though @LovelyVillain ?, dillema if I went for prime is I'm currently 2 icons and 85 squad short (icons are starting at almost 300k now! and I've done all the cheap icon sbcs already). On one hand, that's a lot short for this late in the game so I'll have to wait until I get the coins to finish, on the other hand it'll be more of the real Ronaldo experience with 5*sm5*wf. and maybe I'll get lucky in the packs (pretty doubtful with my usual pack luck though lol).
  • letsfifa10
    1452 posts Play-Off Hero
    I did his sbc while all special cards in pack at only 500k total cost
    Other alternative is try to do some icon sbc that are usable in game such as vds, rijkaard
    You may pack something worth along the way, on average it will cost half doing sbc than buy from market
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    letsfifa10 wrote: »
    I did his sbc while all special cards in pack at only 500k total cost
    Other alternative is try to do some icon sbc that are usable in game such as vds, rijkaard
    You may pack something worth along the way, on average it will cost half doing sbc than buy from market

Nice @letsfifa I finished almost all Vieira then but didn't get many high value special cards. I should've tried to see how much of a dent in Ronaldo I could have done but I thought more eoes and/or eoe cr7 would come so waited on that. I also thought cheap icons would go down/almost crash because everyone would be done with sbc's by then, boy was I wrong, lol.
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    Alright, I think I'm going to sell everything except starters, buy base Ronaldo (even at about 250k more than a couple weeks ago), and then with whatever's left over, work on Prime Ronaldo SBC just for fun for the rest of the game's coins until I know I'd have enough to finish the prime if I sold the base. If anyone objects, let them speak now or forever hold their peace.
  • LovelyVillain
    3579 posts National Call-Up
    I would do everything possible for Prime Ronaldo ASAP. I believe he and Prime Vieira were my most used players and I never once wanted to replace them @alanrudy
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    I would do everything possible for Prime Ronaldo ASAP. I believe he and Prime Vieira were my most used players and I never once wanted to replace them @alanrudy

Oh okay, thanks for input @LovelyVillain . I started the plan in my last post above...I got base Ronaldo!! And then will spend any remaining coins in the game chipping away at the prime sbc until I'm sure I can get if I were to sell the base. It's actually working out pretty well so far with getting to use the base, not worrying about whether or not he's affected by the sbc traitgate, and really I think the plan will be to only play him for a half or so and then to keep using a couple other attackers for fun as well.
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero

Thanks again @WarrenBarton , this probably resonated with me the most to finalize what I did with getting the base to be realistic and then just to start chipping away at the prime as a fun side project to see if I get enough in to sell the base for the prime. It's already worked out well with him being good enough and with the option to sub and keep trying other players there for fun.
  • WarrenBarton

Thanks again @WarrenBarton , this probably resonated with me the most to finalize what I did with getting the base to be realistic and then just to start chipping away at the prime as a fun side project to see if I get enough in to sell the base for the prime. It's already worked out well with him being good enough and with the option to sub and keep trying other players there for fun.

No problem @alanrudy , hope you enjoy him and get that bit of luck to get you to the prime
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero

No problem @alanrudy , hope you enjoy him and get that bit of luck to get you to the prime

Thanks.
  • alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero

@WarrenBarton Base Ronaldo has been a blast and scored a hat trick not too long ago. However, I've kept up with the side project of the prime...and I got that bit of luck...and then some!

Icon.jpg

My first packed Icon! I can say I got to try the prime now for a few weeks without selling IF Suarez. Btw, do you or anyone know how to embed a video on here?

• alanrudy
    1557 posts Play-Off Hero
    @WarrenBarton So have had the prime for a few days now, after Gullit and Vieira it felt like unlocking the final boss in a game, ha ha. And then I came across these bad boys in my storage, wondering how many on the forum have any recollection of these...

[img][/img]20180907_103559.jpg
  • WarrenBarton
    @WarrenBarton So have had the prime for a few days now, after Gullit and Vieira it felt like unlocking the final boss in a game, ha ha. And then I came across these bad boys in my storage, wondering how many on the forum have any recollection of these...

[img][/img]20180907_103559.jpg

I do remember those but unfortunately I wasn’t cool enough to own a pair at the time lol. Weren’t they the Ones Ronaldo wore himself?