Is it going to be FIFA 17 part 3? Because we can't take it anymore

DeMolay145
539 posts An Exciting Prospect
FIFA 18 launched and it was great gameplay wise. Slower and more focused on passing and creating chances instead of the "put a 99 paced Musa and just run" gameplay. I know we had some goalkeeper problems but thats another matter.

Then after the 1st patch the game became a full FIFA 17 part 2. Fully focused on pace just like the little kids like it.

I'm afraid FIFA 19 is going to be the same. My hype is not as strong as it was one year ago.

Comments

• Mantic
    461 posts An Exciting Prospect
    How many more?
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    Expect the first patch.

They have done it since fifa 14.

They release a decent game and under pressure release a knee ❤️❤️❤️❤️ reaction update. If only they gave people the chance to adapt.
  • RadioShaq
    16075 posts Moderator
    They always listen to the communty for the first patch. I expect it to be the same.
  • the_boss_gurveer
    1962 posts Fans' Favourite
    DeMolay145 wrote: »
    FIFA 18 launched and it was great gameplay wise. Slower and more focused on passing and creating chances instead of the "put a 99 paced Musa and just run" gameplay. I know we had some goalkeeper problems but thats another matter.

Then after the 1st patch the game became a full FIFA 17 part 2. Fully focused on pace just like the little kids like it.

I'm afraid FIFA 19 is going to be the same. My hype is not as strong as it was one year ago.

Agree 100%
  • mdizzl3
    12418 posts Has That Special Something
    The gameplay is the way it is because that's what the majority want. They don't have fast gameplay for a laugh, they have tried slower gameplay and it ends up getting patched because people ask for it.

Unfortunately it's not to everyone's taste but that's just how it is. Keep feeding your ideas into the forum but remember to manage your expectations.
  • deang07
    8351 posts League Winner
    laughable it really is .
    every wants as close to realistic and difficult gameplay b4 release as possible and a newish game, so slower more tactical methodical gameplay with more manual defending new features and so on.
    but when they slow the game down or make any changes or add new features towards this for eg timed finishing ppl cry when they cant adapt after one day. scoring should be more of a challenge ffs .
    then it gets patched back to last yrs version so everyone can get on with it straight away because all the kids make a scene within a day.

there should be a rule that theres no patches for atleast a month unless its abs neccessary like bugs , then ppl have no choice but to adapt and get used to it first how it was intended as thats what you should have to do its a new game right!.
    that way 18 may of stayed how it was on release instead of being spoiled.
    after a longer period to get used to it there may be less ppl crying for instant change as they would have adjusted , and less ppl moaning because they couldnt win or play great instantly because they would have a chance to learn rather than patch it within a week or 2.

ive tried 19 demo at the o2 and the beta it has great potential yes its not perfect but deffo a step 4ward .
    the new timed finishing ect adds more options , variety and room for error with finishing so how is that bad scoring is way to easy in 18 yet ppl are moaning already lol.
    i wont go into detail about it all but
    the new animations , graphics , passing and so on have all also been improved to add more options and the defending although not full manual felt alot more balanced to .

there will be ppl that like the changes ppl that dont i get that but please atleast give it a few weeks to adapt or try to get used to it b4 screaming for a patch then if it still needs one then fine.
    i really feel if they left the 18 first patch for another few weeks more would of got behind the game once they got used to it.

• vk45
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I remember FIFA14 had great player movement and inertia before it all got nerfed into instand 90 degree turns.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2706 posts Fans' Favourite
    Blarix wrote: »
    Expect the first patch.

They release a decent game and under pressure release a knee **** reaction update. If only they gave people the chance to adapt.

This.
  • Lonestarr022
    502 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Expect the first patch.

They release a decent game and under pressure release a knee **** reaction update. If only they gave people the chance to adapt.

They won't adapt, they will quit, and return the game.
  • FIFA_Enthusiast_1994
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Expect the first patch.

They won't adapt, they will quit, and return the game.

That's so true, I saw a American streamer play FIFA for the first time on his mate's beta with him and he said that the gameplay needed to be faster and play like a ice hockey game.. they then put PES on to show him the difference and he was like "PES all the way because it feels more lifelike to a soccer game"
  • Pwalie86
    1528 posts Play-Off Hero
    So glad I only play offline. That's where it's enjoyable and it actually feels like a real match at times.
  • DeMolay145
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    mdizzl3 wrote: »
    The gameplay is the way it is because that's what the majority want. They don't have fast gameplay for a laugh, they have tried slower gameplay and it ends up getting patched because people ask for it.

Unfortunately it's not to everyone's taste but that's just how it is. Keep feeding your ideas into the forum but remember to manage your expectations.

Do they even check this forum for complaints like this? I believe we can change this on the long run. IMO FIFA 18 died earlier than previous editions due to exactly this kind of gameplay.
  • Massikiller
    79 posts Park Captain
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    They always listen to the communty for the first patch. I expect it to be the same.

I don't understand this, what community do they listen to?
    All I can see is people complaining that the game should be slower. The game feels great until the first patch, it happened on 16, on 17 and 18.
    What community is that, that I don't see anywhere???

More over, if the community asked for the game to remove the referee, they would just do that???

Why don't they just do a football simulation as it is supposed to.
  • RadioShaq
    16075 posts Moderator
    The mood changes it’s hard to tell at times. I mean people complained all year about low cardweights. Then wc comes out and people are quitting the game becasue cardweights are good.
  • dezy22
    154 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fifa17.3 special edition re release with rehashed previous features active touch is first touch 50/50 battles is the shielding from previous instalments in the words of public enemy dont believe the hype
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain
    RadioShaq wrote: »

I don't understand this, what community do they listen to?
    All I can see is people complaining that the game should be slower. The game feels great until the first patch, it happened on 16, on 17 and 18.
    What community is that, that I don't see anywhere???

More over, if the community asked for the game to remove the referee, they would just do that???

Why don't they just do a football simulation as it is supposed to.

By community they mean youtubers/streamers.

Look at Kurt's video he said make it really fast and it Will introduce skill gap. Most laughable thing i have ever heard. Last year there was a big poll and majority wanted the game the way it was released but wanted few things like keeper changed etc. Instead they literally patched back to fifa 17 defending and ai pressure.

• mdizzl3

Do they even check this forum for complaints like this? I believe we can change this on the long run. IMO FIFA 18 died earlier than previous editions due to exactly this kind of gameplay.

FIFA 18 isn't even dead now mate, literally can get a match instantly and the market is thriving
  • Blarix
    20845 posts Club Captain

FIFA 18 isn't even dead now mate, literally can get a match instantly and the market is thriving

Nope. Thriving? Please
  • mdizzl3
    If you can't get a game under 5 seconds I'll be surprised, I've been getting games instantly.

There are.also 2million + items on the market and definitely plenty of people bidding.

Not sure why you think the game is dead? Because there isn't any new SBCs?
  • TheRealHarrison
    677 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If you can't get a game under 5 seconds I'll be surprised, I've been getting games instantly.

There are.also 2million + items on the market and definitely plenty of people bidding.

Why do you support the clearly incapable EA every time someone questions their ability to create and maintain the FIFA game series? I've seen you plenty of times clearly sucking up to them and defending their billionaire buttholes. So, tell me, is your payment from them more or less than £40,000 a year???
  • tommygravesen
    193 posts Sunday League Hero
    Would you still play FUT if it ran like Seasons mode? I don’t mind seasons I quite enjoy the gameplay and it’s a nice break from fut sometimes
  • Retro_G
    33018 posts National Team Captain
    deang07 wrote: »
    laughable it really is .
    every wants as close to realistic and difficult gameplay b4 release as possible and a newish game, so slower more tactical methodical gameplay with more manual defending new features and so on.
    but when they slow the game down or make any changes or add new features towards this for eg timed finishing ppl cry when they cant adapt after one day. scoring should be more of a challenge ffs .
    then it gets patched back to last yrs version so everyone can get on with it straight away because all the kids make a scene within a day.

there should be a rule that theres no patches for atleast a month unless its abs neccessary like bugs , then ppl have no choice but to adapt and get used to it first how it was intended as thats what you should have to do its a new game right!.
    after a longer period to get used to it there may be less ppl crying for instant change as they would have adjusted , and less ppl moaning because they couldnt win or play great instantly because they would have a chance to learn rather than patch it within a week or 2.

ive tried 19 demo at the o2 and the beta it has great potential yes its not perfect but deffo a step 4ward .
    the new timed finishing ect adds more options , variety and room for error with finishing so how is that bad scoring is way to easy in 18 yet ppl are moaning already lol.
    the new animations , graphics , passing and so on have all also been improved to add more options and the defending although not full manual felt alot more balanced to .

there will be ppl that like the changes ppl that dont i get that but please atleast give it a few weeks to adapt or try to get used to it b4 screaming for a patch then if it still needs one then fine.
    i really feel if they left the 18 first patch for another few weeks more would of got behind the game once they got used to it.

Spot on mate, they should wait at least one month before dropping a patch. Give people time to adapt and then let's see how we feel. The new shooting mechanics look innovative, but people are already hating. We do need some sort of visual cue for a timed shot in game though, without turning on the Fifa trainer.
  • Boommaametw3
    2895 posts National Call-Up
    Retro_G wrote: »
    laughable it really is .

Spot on mate, they should wait at least one month before dropping a patch. Give people time to adapt and then let's see how we feel. The new shooting mechanics look innovative, but people are already hating. We do need some sort of visual cue for a timed shot in game though, without turning on the Fifa trainer.

People spend the most the first 2 weeks. Also it's people who aren't that good that spend the most. So if they can't play even after getting a good team and the game is too hard to play, majority will quit and EA losses potential income. So EA can't wait a month because their income will suffer.

I once played a guy who played really low pressure and park the bus and left his controller everytime i have the ball. Or at least run back with his striker on some occasions he made zero effort to manually defend yet i only won the game by 1 goal difference.

They patch the game up for people like that cause they spend lots of money
  • china2991
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special

What are you talking about, FIFA18 has been straight up trash since the BETA, The only thing the updates did was make it easy to defend by removing the ability to outdo the defender with direction changes. FIFA's gameplay has not been good since FIFA13, FIFA16 Maybe being an exception and dont talk about godamn pace, MUSA is fast in real life, Defend him by using the right tactics and positioning!!!! The pace in FIFA19 is an absolute joke now to the point where a defender with 33 pace can catch up with Salah who is 10 yards in front of him.
  • MrMack08
    452 posts An Exciting Prospect

Prob all plebs that still play this broken gameplay
  • Kravenhart
    53 posts Park Captain
    edited August 2018
    I'm not going to buy the game until Black Friday, depending of the state of the game. I don't trust EA anymore. We were cheated in 17, and 18, I'm not going to be cheated this year.

I think we would see what direction will take EA after the first FUT Champs, when the "PROS" and "kids who believe are pros" cry and raging about how difficult is passing, or finishing, or broken GKs or whatever...
  • deang07
    8351 posts League Winner
    Retro_G wrote: »
    laughable it really is .

yeh that would help with timed finishing , but i found it ok by literally watching the player and pressing the 2nd time on connection with the ball
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    Expect the first patch.

Very true
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    You guys will beg for fifa 18 defending.... you all will know what advanced AI defending is , when it comes to auto shot blocks , AI tracking runs and constant high pressure for 90mins... skill gap do not exist in 19
  • hansie-fcu
    388 posts An Exciting Prospect

I loved the manual defending in the beginning after the patch the game went from a 9 to a 5.5