Would you pay extra for an Icon version?

Drizzt
453 posts Sunday League Hero
edited August 2018
From a company that loves to gouge it customes and fleece them whenever they can, why have they not offered an icon version of the game that comes with a prime icon included forever (non loan). I'd pay £99 for this and I'm sure others would.

I know some of you would be saying no or it would be unfair or P2W etc, however FIFA points make it moot no?

PES does a Legend version for £65 with a free legend out of the 11 they have. FIFA wants to charge me upto £90 with 0 players for free except for 7days LOAN if 2 non legends ( both will become legends so don't give me grief ;) ).

So, would it be a great idea and would you go for it?

PS. Yes I know I'd get Inzaghi or Owen, but hey, Maradona baby.

*** Oh and you get a free Beckham with the legend version so that's 1 legend and 1 overrated player ;).***

Thoughts?

Comments

• flcinusa
    458 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'd pay extra for a non FUT version tbh
  • Drizzt
    TBH, I think £40 for a non FUT version would be fair with the FUt version being free! Yep free.

Never gonna happen.
  • TeamExtreme17
    2149 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'd pay for Icon version if you could use Icons in Career Mode like you can in PES :/
  • Drizzt
    I'd pay for Icon version if you could use Icons in Career Mode like you can in PES :/

I don't play career mode but I don't see why you cannot play with all the icons in that mode. Doesn't affect anything does it as it's a single player mode?
  • As far as I'm aware they removed the classic 11 off this Fifa. Pretty sleazy move to get more people to play fut
  • Uberman
    15726 posts World Class
    I would - even if i get a crap prime straight into an sbc for a good prime :joy:
  • Boommaametw3
    1660 posts Play-Off Hero
    What we get for the these versions are a joke. I only got champions edition so i get 3 extra days to make coins on ps4 not expecting anything from the packs to be honest.
    At least you should be able to open ALL the 20 or 40 packs right away not 2 per week when the players we pack would be worth nothing in December or January.
    Asking for an icon is too much but at least we should open all our packs at release even if they are trash after we sell and can get like 100,000 k from them if lucky. Can buy me Valencia and Bailly.
    But as stands those versions don't add any value either than you play the games 3 days early.
  • Fletch
    3383 posts National Call-Up
    If EA gave me an untradeable Prime Henry I'd pay $500 for the game and not put any FP in the whole year.
  • Drizzt
    As far as I'm aware they removed the classic 11 off this Fifa. Pretty sleazy move to get more people to play fut

Ahh, Zico, Cantina, Riverlino and Voller. Many didn't know they were playable and it's a shame they were taken out of single player.

Even worse, they we're added to FUT.
  • Drizzt
    Fletch wrote: »
    If EA gave me an untradeable Prime Henry I'd pay $500 for the game and not put any FP in the whole year.

I'd be a fool to say that if they offered a £200 ok who am I kidding, £300 for a Maradona or Cruyff edition, I wouldn't hesitate.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Just looked at PES and Nba2k19 they all offer free players. Their offers trump fifa's by a mile.
  • Drizzt
    Blarix wrote: »
    Just looked at PES and Nba2k19 they all offer free players. Their offers trump fifa's by a mile.

It's not like I'm asking for stuff for free. I'm telling the greediest game company that I'd pay more money for a chance at a specific type of item. More if I could choose.

I'm failing to see the downside to this?
  • GoodnightIrene
    3293 posts National Call-Up
    I wouldn't pay for it and EA wouldn't want you too.

Why would they want you to spend an extra £50 to get a guaranteed icon when they can get you to spend an extra £200 trying to pack one etc...

Plus with one icon already you're likely to figure out it just ain't worth the hassle and put no more money into the game among other reasons.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain
    Drizzt wrote: »

It's not like I'm asking for stuff for free. I'm telling the greediest game company that I'd pay more money for a chance at a specific type of item. More if I could choose.

You misunderstood me. I fully agree with you. The money they ask for their ultimate edition and the content given is a joke.
  • Wi1son73
    1983 posts Fans' Favourite
    It is it not cheaper to do the icon SBC? Half of €500 could buy you enough FP to open sh*t loads of packs, then do your favourite icon sbc..
  • TheRealHarrison
    677 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Personally no as I hate ultimate team as it was the ruining of career mode
  • Drizzt

You misunderstood me. I fully agree with you. The money they ask for their ultimate edition and the content given is a joke.

Sorry bud, I wasn't disagreeing with you I just phrased it wrong and was agreeing with you.
  • HarryKein
    507 posts An Exciting Prospect

Me too
  • HarryKein
    507 posts An Exciting Prospect
    flcinusa wrote: »
    I'd pay extra for a non FUT version tbh

Agree
  • Boommaametw3
    1660 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wi1son73 wrote: »
    It is it not cheaper to do the icon SBC? Half of €500 could buy you enough FP to open sh*t loads of packs, then do your favourite icon sbc..

Is it only one icon you want to play with??? 250 euros just for an untradable player and you think it's worth it???
    Plus let say you want Cruyff,Gullit or Ronaldo etc. You think opening packs with ONLY 250 euros will give you the 2 mill or so to do their prime sbc???
    Fifa 17 i opened $1000 and barely got 1 mill after i sold everything .
    You are so funny. Never open packs to chase an icon. EA will milk you dry.
  • Uberman
    15726 posts World Class

Is it only one icon you want to play with??? 250 euros just for an untradable player and you think it's worth it???
    Plus let say you want Cruyff,Gullit or Ronaldo etc. You think opening packs with ONLY 250 euros will give you the 2 mill or so to do their prime sbc???

That's either you exaggerating or you don't know how to rinse packs properly - Thats 120k points. 12k points should get you 250k easily packing nothing at launch just by rinsing the packs properly
  • OZero
    4958 posts Big Money Move
    The only valuable component is those three days, but if everyone is try hard and early bird, then it doesn't make a difference.

May be you should just stop being a try hard in UT and only use cheap sweaty players.
  • Wi1son73
    edited August 2018
    Uberman wrote: »

I barely spend money on FP just to open packs. Well compared to your €1000 in 17.
    This year you could get tots cards for 20-30k and during the launch of WC pogba was down from 100+ to 20k
    Hunter cards for 300 odd coins.
    I would love an icon in my fut squad, but maybe next year I’ll give trading ago.
  • Wi1son73
    edited August 2018
    Lol not sure what’s happening with this reply.. :s

I barely spend money on FP just to open packs. Well compared to your €1000 in 17.
    This year you could get tots cards for 20-30k and during the launch of WC pogba was down from 100+ to 20k
    Hunter cards for 300 odd coins.
    I would love an icon in my fut squad, but maybe next year I’ll give trading ago.
  • Boommaametw3
    1660 posts Play-Off Hero

That's either you exaggerating or you don't know how to rinse packs properly - Thats 120k points. 12k points should get you 250k easily packing nothing at launch just by rinsing the packs properly

Premium gold packs at release. You just imagine 12 items, 10 gold and only 3 rare. Normally the max players you get in a pack is like 3 and maybe if you are lucky one or two players will be rare.
    You saying if i dont know to rinse pack properly?? If you get manager league,training cards,kits,badges,stadiums who is gonna buy them ? even 80% of position change and chemistry cards are useless on the market.
    You could open packs with $1000 and if an Aguero,Dybala,Pogba doesn't save the day i promise you won't make a million coins.
    All the youtubers and pro players spend like 4000-10000 to afford a team with like Vieira,Gullit,R9,Cr7 etc. at release

Am advising you if you are think that spending only €250 euros will afford you an ellite icon sbc. Then forget it and am not exaggerating.
    Don't forget icons sbc start rolling in November and ellite ones like Gullit,Cruyff,Ronaldo maybe in March so players like NIF players like Jesus,Martial,Dele Alli would be barely worth anything by then.

I learnt my lesson from fifa 17 and did offline drafts for 18. This year am getting 36,000 fp. Will play drafts with 24,000 and if good promo packs pop up i will buy with the rest.

• Galayn
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect

Premium gold packs at release. You just imagine 12 items, 10 gold and only 3 rare. Normally the max players you get in a pack is like 3 and maybe if you are lucky one or two players will be rare.
    You saying if i dont know to rinse pack properly?? If you get manager league,training cards,kits,badges,stadiums who is gonna buy them ? even 80% of position change and chemistry cards are useless on the market.
    You could open packs with $1000 and if an Aguero,Dybala,Pogba doesn't save the day i promise you won't make a million coins.
    All the youtubers and pro players spend like 4000-10000 to afford a team with like Vieira,Gullit,R9,Cr7 etc. at release

Am advising you if you are think that spending only €250 euros will afford you an ellite icon sbc. Then forget it and am not exaggerating.
    Don't forget icons sbc start rolling in November and ellite ones like Gullit,Cruyff,Ronaldo maybe in March so players like NIF players like Jesus,Martial,Dele Alli would be barely worth anything by then.

I learnt my lesson from fifa 17 and did offline drafts for 18. This year am getting 36,000 fp. Will play drafts with 24,000 and if good promo packs pop up i will buy with the rest.

120k FPs at release will give you at least 3-3.5 ml without any major (ie 500k+ pull) - and I am talking out of experience

no way you only make 1 ml out of 800 packs, even by discarding everything one would make more
  • RedDevil123
    364 posts Sunday League Hero
    I wouldn't buy it myself but I do think you should be getting more for your money, so it wouldn't bother me. All the rare player packs should guarantee players of a certain rating too in my opinion. I mean, 2 ultimate packs cost as much as the game itself, and you're lucky if you even pull an 84 player from them. Seriously poor value.
  • WarrenBarton
    7066 posts Big Money Move
    Would pay twice that if they gave me the Doctor
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2018
    *** Oh and you get a free Beckham with the legend version so that's 1 legend and 1 overrated player ;).***

Can you expand on this? From what I see it looks like they scanned the present day Beckham and you get the 43 years old player. Which is hardly appealing to me anyway.

Does it say that you get his legend/icon card? Because if I get that I'm so buying that game also.
  • Blarix
    20804 posts Club Captain

You didn't spend 1k. No way if you spend 1k and got only 1 million. No way.