Fifa 19 sleeve badge in career mode

ChrisW1991
935 posts Semi-Pro
edited August 2018
In the full release of Fifa 19, will the badges on the sleeve change to the right badge in career mode replacing the original badge for example after a promotion or during a cup competition? Or will it be placed on top of the original badge like it shows in leaked photos (would take away authenticity if so and look stupid).
For me if it replaces rather than being placed on top this would be a great addition, even though small alot have asked for this for years

Comments

• Neckabob
    12844 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes they will apparently according to a Twitter Acc who showed pics of it
  • Neckabob wrote: »
    Yes they will apparently according to a Twitter Acc who showed pics of it

Which one though mate? Lol I've seen mostly the badge change and get placed on top of the original badge with the original badge still there behind it which looks stupid lol hope it replaces it rather than gets placed on top of the original
  • Tom0307
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeah I was gonna post about this - the new badge over the other is because the FIFA 18 kits are textured with the league badge on it because it never needs to change. This year when they add the new kits in the sleeves will be blank and the badges will appear depending on what league you're in. It seems like they've also incorporated this to teams getting promoted and getting the Premier League badge from the Championship, which makes me think they might do that for all the other countries with different league patches (that's how it works in PES). They've even got the special winners badge for the champions to wear a gold patch the next season like real life.

The thing I'm hopeful but seems unlikely is that the font will change when you move up to the Premier League (or down to the Championship, that would be the icing on the cake)
  • Pwalie86
    1229 posts Professional
    Most likely will be in the game. Have heard various people stating it, and one actually showed proof.
  • Tom0307 wrote: »
    Yeah I was gonna post about this - the new badge over the other is because the FIFA 18 kits are textured with the league badge on it because it never needs to change. This year when they add the new kits in the sleeves will be blank and the badges will appear depending on what league you're in. It seems like they've also incorporated this to teams getting promoted and getting the Premier League badge from the Championship, which makes me think they might do that for all the other countries with different league patches (that's how it works in PES). They've even got the special winners badge for the champions to wear a gold patch the next season like real life.

The thing I'm hopeful but seems unlikely is that the font will change when you move up to the Premier League (or down to the Championship, that would be the icing on the cake)

Ahh great, thanks :) buzzing with this
  • TeamExtreme17
    2267 posts Fans' Favourite
    ChrisW1991 wrote: »
    Tom0307 wrote: »

So what are these screenshots of the badge OVER another badge!?
  • Tom0307
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Check youtube and twitter, it's basically like the champions league badge pasted on top of the la liga badge for example but it's cos the badges are built in in 18 and will change in 19
  • TeamExtreme17
    2267 posts Fans' Favourite

Check youtube and twitter, it's basically like the champions league badge pasted on top of the la liga badge for example but it's cos the badges are built in in 18 and will change in 19

But will they? Where's the proof?
  • Cooler08
    608 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Pwalie86 wrote: »
    Most likely will be in the game. Have heard various people stating it, and one actually showed proof.

How did they show proof? Is it from the beta?
  • flcinusa
    484 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not only change, but in career mode they are dynamic.... Win champions league, teams get champions league winner badge instead of starball. got a UEFA badge of honour? It'll add 1 to the "counter" on it. Promoted teams get league badge change, not sure on numbers though.

What I've seen looks to be very exciting

DISCLAIMER: I was not part of the beta, I discovered this info in publically accessible areas
  • flcinusa
    484 posts Sunday League Hero

But will they? Where's the proof?

Proof will be in the demo, look for textures that "shine" differently from the base layer
  • FIFA_Enthusiast_1994
    133 posts Has Potential To Be Special

flcinusa wrote: »
    Not only change, but in career mode they are dynamic.... Win champions league, teams get champions league winner badge instead of starball. got a UEFA badge of honour? It'll add 1 to the "counter" on it. Promoted teams get league badge change, not sure on numbers though.

What I've seen looks to be very exciting

DISCLAIMER: I was not part of the beta, I discovered this info in publically accessible areas

This looks exciting especially as I plan on doing a RTG with Portsmouth sometime this year and things like this add to the realism for me