Credit where credit is due

Parlabane
318 posts Sunday League Hero
I know there are still issues with the game, I know that players have some reasons to be unhappy but I feel that EA improved things by adding daily/ weekly challenges and I wanted to acknowledge it. Fair enough, some of the rewards are poor but free stuff is free stuff and I honestly believe that they have been a good addition to the game.

Comments

• wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    Gonna take ALOT more than afew bronze packs and 200coins, to make up for the other 99% of the game
  • Slawter
    4362 posts National Call-Up
    wade_7_ wrote: »
    Gonna take ALOT more than afew bronze packs and 200coins, to make up for the other 99% of the game

If 99% of the game was bad noone would be playing it, seems a tad hysterical.
  • Jay1787
    480 posts An Exciting Prospect
    If it wasn't for the packs I wouldn't have even bothered playing at all.

It's such an inferior football game to the competition. EA needs to thank their lucky stars that the competition has really ❤️❤️❤️❤️ game modes. If the competition actually made a game with good game modes then EA would lose their crown.

The offline games are so, so, so dull. You dominate, they score. You dominate some more, they score. Then you hit the post 2-3 times, they score. AI makes such ❤️❤️❤️❤️ decision on your team, the opponent just ping pongs to the ball around.

The AI is so bad on this game, the only way for them to make matches harder is to give AI opposition boosted stats to make them much better players.

I won't be getting FIFA 19... no thanks, i'll stick to a game half the price with MASSIVELY better gameplay.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    33666 posts National Team Captain
    Slawter wrote: »

Might be an exaggeration, but he’s still got a point.
  • selb
    7400 posts League Winner
    edited August 2018
    Jay1787 wrote: »
    If it wasn't for the packs I wouldn't have even bothered playing at all.

It's such an inferior football game to the competition. EA needs to thank their lucky stars that the competition has really **** game modes. If the competition actually made a game with good game modes then EA would lose their crown.

The offline games are so, so, so dull. You dominate, they score. You dominate some more, they score. Then you hit the post 2-3 times, they score. AI makes such **** decision on your team, the opponent just ping pongs to the ball around.

The AI is so bad on this game, the only way for them to make matches harder is to give AI opposition boosted stats to make them much better players.

I won't be getting FIFA 19... no thanks, i'll stick to a game half the price with MASSIVELY better gameplay.

Hmm, which game is this then?
  • wade_7_
    4581 posts National Call-Up
    Slawter wrote: »

99% of the game is bad. And alot of people do still play it, me included.
    Go figure.

There is very very little EA have got right.
    Let's look at the latest fiasco. Start out with promise afew weeks ago, reducing pack weights and letting everyone enjoy most of the top rated cards for cheap.

Then for no real logical reason they take them away, alter the pack weights (seemingly) and leave their customers with nothing. (btw, we were told we'd get non stop content)
    Now everyone is disgruntled again.
    Just when EA nearly got it right, they've failed the customer base yet again.

Can you enlighten me as to what EA have got right?
  • forearms
    6304 posts Big Money Move
    Parlabane wrote: »
    I know there are still issues with the game, I know that players have some reasons to be unhappy but I feel that EA improved things by adding daily/ weekly challenges and I wanted to acknowledge it. Fair enough, some of the rewards are poor but free stuff is free stuff and I honestly believe that they have been a good addition to the game.

The challenge of completing them, aren't equal to the rewards. Score 2 goals with a player from the Super Lig. You make an effort to accomplish this, and for that effort, you receive 300 coins.

Harder challenges should yield better rewards. Applying a fitness card or buying a manager, fine, 200 coins is fair. But like the above example, you should receive a gold pack or something. Then there is also no incentive to complete all the daily challenges. It not like MM, where you can complete them all to get the bonus.

It is a nice idea, and just like all nice ideas EA have, they managed to screw it up.
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    edited August 2018
    We hate on the gameplay, because it's one demensional, frustrating. Everything else inside of Fut is genius, we acknowledge how good the content is, if they put as much TLC into the gameplay as they do with SBC, promo events, daily challenges etc and we would've a brilliant football game.

The reason the gameplay is so frustrating, is because it's the only eSport game on the market where the better player can lose, due to factors that are out of his control. Let's say you're playing Mortal Kombat, you land more special moves, kicks, punches on your opponent. Would you lose? No because you've outplayed your opponent and you're in control.

You can completely dominate your opponents on stats in Fifa, yet an A.I. GK will decide the outcome of games. Your GK couldn't catch a cold, yet your opponents GK will stop everything, even though you're hitting identical shots and you're both using the same GK. I'm hoping the timed shots in Fifa 19 cut out the inconsistencies and but I wouldn't hold my breath.