►►► Serie A Lounge 2018-19 ◄◄◄

Comments

• Alemas_2012
    15510 posts World Class
    Rick wrote: »
    Roma have really done a Nainggolan on Strootman, apparently he's left the training ground in tears and told his friends "they sold me", implying it wasn't his choice to leave.

Did not have time to follow this but isn't the transfer market closed?

How did they sell him now?

The transfer market's closed in Italy for incoming transfers. You can't buy, but you can still sell.
    In France, Spain, and Germany, clubs can still buy players until the end of the month.

Why did it change in Italy this season? Before it was till end of August too.

Wow, you've been living under a rock.
    The theory was that clubs wouldn't have to worry about losing key players to rival clubs when the season has already started. They did the same in England.
    Right now there's still the risk of offers from France, Spain, and Germany, but given an Italian or English club would have no chance of getting a replacement, they're more able to convince their players to stay.
    Which makes Roma's move rather surprising, they currently have only N'Zonzi and De Rossi as defensive-minded midfielders.

Strootman is not a De Rossi/Nzonzi esque player though. Pellegrini would be his replacement I imagine.

I always saw Strootman as a more defensively-minded player with a knack of going forward.
    In any case, they've lost a large dose of aggression in midfield.

Not saying it's a good piece of business but it's not a DM they're losing.

Pastore/??? - De Rossi/Nzonzi - Pellegrini/Cristante

They bought Coric and also got Zaniolo from Inter but are they ready to be Pastore's back-up?

Zaniolo's already being linked to a loan move somewhere else.
    Coric... no idea.

Looks like they're gonna have the same problem as us then.

Jack/BERTOLACCI - Biglia/Mauri - Kessie/Bakayoko

Hakan as a mezzala is not something I want to see ever again but it's an emergency solution should Jack be unavailable. But yeah, the lack of depth is worrisome.

You couldn't get rid of Bertolacci?
    RIP.
    There's this suggestion that in case Biglia can't improve his form, Gattuso will try to play the team in a 4-2-3-1 formation with Bakayoko and Kessie as CDMs, Hakan at CAM, and Suso and Bonaventura as wingers.
    BTW, don't forget you still have Montolivo...
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner
    • 4pts for predicting who won/draw AND the goal difference (e.g. 5-4 and 1-0 both have a goal difference of 1)
    • 2pts for predicting only who won/draw
    • -1pts for an incorrect prediction

Does this mean predicting a draw (but not the correct draw, i.e predicting 1-1 but the final score is 2-2) is 4p since it's still the same goal difference (0)?

Because if it does, you might as well remove the /draw in the 3rd point since a draw will always give you the correct goal difference.

@TheMenezLover
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner
    Roma have really done a Nainggolan on Strootman, apparently he's left the training ground in tears and told his friends "they sold me", implying it wasn't his choice to leave.

The transfer market's closed in Italy for incoming transfers. You can't buy, but you can still sell.
    In France, Spain, and Germany, clubs can still buy players until the end of the month.

The theory was that clubs wouldn't have to worry about losing key players to rival clubs when the season has already started. They did the same in England.
    Right now there's still the risk of offers from France, Spain, and Germany, but given an Italian or English club would have no chance of getting a replacement, they're more able to convince their players to stay.
    Which makes Roma's move rather surprising, they currently have only N'Zonzi and De Rossi as defensive-minded midfielders.

Strootman is not a De Rossi/Nzonzi esque player though. Pellegrini would be his replacement I imagine.

I always saw Strootman as a more defensively-minded player with a knack of going forward.

They bought Coric and also got Zaniolo from Inter but are they ready to be Pastore's back-up?

Coric... no idea.

Hakan as a mezzala is not something I want to see ever again but it's an emergency solution should Jack be unavailable. But yeah, the lack of depth is worrisome.

You couldn't get rid of Bertolacci?
    RIP.
    There's this suggestion that in case Biglia can't improve his form, Gattuso will try to play the team in a 4-2-3-1 formation with Bakayoko and Kessie as CDMs, Hakan at CAM, and Suso and Bonaventura as wingers.
    BTW, don't forget you still have Montolivo...

Bertolacci was never leaving, Gattuso wanted him to stay. Montolivo on the other hand is not in the plans and was asked to find a new club. Needless to say, I don't think Gattuso will count on him.

The 4231 is an interesting idea.
  • LoboNobo
    6406 posts Big Money Move
    Not gonna quote all these posts, but IMO Strootman has always been one of the most overrated Serie A players (not saying he's bad, just not good enough for a club like Roma), so it's not a bad deal for them. Nzonzi can play his position.
  • exzoo
    31940 posts National Team Captain
    Strootman had potential to be much more, injuries held him back
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    3347 posts National Call-Up

Haha. Isn't living under a rock taking it too far?

Had a busy summer. ;)
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    AIeks wrote: »
    AIeks wrote: »
    Ugh just watched that game before bed (was busy earlier) and what a terrible decision

I’m mad we lost a 2 goal lead, I’m still mad that out game last week was postponed and we had to open with Napoli on the road instead of Genoa at home, I’m just plain mad

What a buzzkill start to the season

EDIT: And I’m also mad that the stupid postponement made Hakan miss this game instead of Genoa

Now I’m done

People died in Genoa. Did you expect them to play the match?

That was the match that needed to be postponed in fact.

IMG_20180826_124921.png

Just decide which side you're standing on already.

Also, Genoa were going to play Milan at the San Siro, how many times does it have to be said? Sampdoria were the ones playing at home.

My original and first side.

I agree with Genoa and Sampdoria matches being postponed but not the whole Serie A.

I think they took the right decision in the end.
    I don't agree with delaying any games. Maybe the one played in Genova makes sense...

Fine I meant the Genoa and Samp matches, maybe I did not choose the right words then so I made a mistake. Obviously the Genoa one for sure as it was played in Genoa. Samp also made sense for what I mentioned earlier. Other matches being postponed was taking it too far.

But my point was when people die and it is a national tragedy you cannot call it a stupid excuse to postpone even if you do not agree.

Genoa would've played in Milano at San Siro. Sampdoria would've played at home the first round.

It's difficult to understand what you're trying to say if what you mean is completely different to what you write. You say you don't agree with delaying any game but then go on and say that maybe the one in Genova (again, this is the Sampdoria game) makes sense to be delayed.

I knew you would pass a comment after I explained myself countless times frenemy. ;)

Let's let it die shall we?

You didn't do a good job explaining yourself.

But my last message was self explanatory right?

I do hope you understood me.
  • MiIan
    12401 posts Has That Special Something
    LoboNobo wrote: »
    Not gonna quote all these posts, but IMO Strootman has always been one of the most overrated Serie A players (not saying he's bad, just not good enough for a club like Roma), so it's not a bad deal for them. Nzonzi can play his position.

He has? I always heard he was very solid for them, but then always played so bad for our national team.

Should explain then that he was very overrated indeed.
  • MiIan
    12401 posts Has That Special Something
    exzoo wrote: »
    Strootman had potential to be much more, injuries held him back

Very true. Even misted the WC in 2014 because of an injury, just imagine. :s
  • LoboNobo
    MiIan wrote: »

He has? I always heard he was very solid for them, but then always played so bad for our national team.

Should explain then that he was very overrated indeed.

That's my personal view. I tend to think a lot of players are overrated, so take my opinion with a grain of salt ;)
  • TheMenezLover
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    Results coming very soon...
  • TheMenezLover
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2018
    Voila!
    Red means negative points
    EDIT: sorry about the rank, the program added some random players so compare yourself to others to see where you are in the table.

uoxmFpP.png
  • TheMenezLover
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gameweek 3 reveal

Fiorentina vs. Udinese

Chievo vs. Empoli

Milan vs. Roma
  • TheMenezLover
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited August 2018
    My prediction:

Fio 2-1 Udi

Chi 2-1 Empoli

Mil 0-2 Rom

sorry for edit
  • Alemas_2012
    15510 posts World Class
    My prediction:

Fio 2-1 Udi

Chi 2-1 Empoli

Mil 0-2 Rom

sorry for edit
    Rules:
    • People comment their prediction in the comments. The prediction must be clear, NOT EDITED, and they must tag @TheMenezLover

:| :| :|
  • Alemas_2012
    15510 posts World Class
    What the hell's happening to Roma?!
  • I SiR MartY I
    5511 posts Big Money Move

Losing big players, replacing them with garbage, buying 3000 wingers and a defence that had one good season and is now awful.

Throw in injured or past it stars and you've currently got Roma.
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    3587 posts National Call-Up

Coric... no idea.

Donnarumma
    Calabria, Caldara, Romagnoli, Rodriguez
    Kessie, Bakayoko
    Suso, Bonaventura, Castillejo
    Higuain

Calhanoglu for Bonaventura maybe.

That's how I would line up this weekend.

Our two wingbacks need more cover and Biglia was pathetic against Napoli. Higuain needs a midfielder sitting behind him to link up.

• Alemas_2012
    15510 posts World Class

Losing big players, replacing them with garbage, buying 3000 wingers and a defence that had one good season and is now awful.

Commentator's curse.
  • 1690_Ulster_FC
    3587 posts National Call-Up

Roma's squad looks poor, Lazio are off the boil. Inter and Milan should be jumping on the situation to cement top 4 this season.
  • LoboNobo
    @TheMenezLover

Fiorentina 3-1 Udinese

Chievo 1-1 Empoli

Milan 0-2 Roma
  • I SiR MartY I
    5511 posts Big Money Move

Roma's squad looks poor, Lazio are off the boil. Inter and Milan should be jumping on the situation to cement top 4 this season.

That would mean both Inter and Milan not being trash, hard task for both. When others drop points, they do too. Its only fair.
  • Xtrem3 Poptarts
    6876 posts Big Money Move
    Hopefully we get a better showing on Friday against Roma.
  • LoboNobo
    edited August 2018

That would mean both Inter and Milan not being trash, hard task for both. When others drop points, they do too. Its only fair.

I think Roma will finish second this season without competition. Lazio is not capable for a top 3 finish while Milan and Inter are still a bit of a meme really... and I have a feeling Napoli will not do as well under Ancelotti plus they got rid of Jorginho.

Meanwhile Roma, despite losing Radja and Strootman, I think they have a very talneted squad and a good manager that will get 120% out of them. Also, Pastore is an amazing player, one of the few underrated players in my opinion. Gonna get TOTS card.\

Now I wonder if somebody gonna save this quote and shove it down my throat in May when Napoli gets 2nd and Roma fails to qualify to CL :joy:
  • HBK1925
    1900 posts Fans' Favourite
    Gameweek 3 reveal

Fiorentina vs. Udinese 2-1

Chievo vs. Empoli 3-1

Milan vs. Roma 2-3
    @themenezlover

• Alemas_2012
    15510 posts World Class

I think Roma will finish second this season without competition. Lazio is not capable for a top 3 finish while Milan and Inter are still a bit of a meme really... and I have a feeling Napoli will not do as well under Ancelotti plus they got rid of Jorginho.

Meanwhile Roma, despite losing Radja and Strootman, I think they have a very talneted squad and a good manager that will get 120% out of them. Also, Pastore is an amazing player, one of the few underrated players in my opinion. Gonna get TOTS card.\

Now I wonder if somebody gonna save this quote and shove it down my throat in May when Napoli gets 2nd and Roma fails to qualify to CL :joy:

If only you could save posts in this forum...
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

If I had said it they would shove it down my throat.

Someone even went on the old forum looking for one of my posts yesterday.

Btw I think like you. Juve - Roma - Napoli for top 3.
  • @TheMenezLover

Fiorentina 3-0 Udinese

Chievo 1-0 Empoli

Milan 1-1 Roma

• Guzman
    965 posts Semi-Pro
    @TheMenezLover

Fiorentina 2-1 Udinese

Chievo 1-0 Empoli

Milan 2-1 Roma
  • TheMenezLover
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    My prediction:

Fio 2-1 Udi

Chi 2-1 Empoli

Mil 0-2 Rom

sorry for edit
    Rules:
    • People comment their prediction in the comments. The prediction must be clear, NOT EDITED, and they must tag @TheMenezLover

:| :| :|

Yeah I mean I apologized and edited just after posting it so it's all good. I have allowed and will allow people doing that
This discussion has been closed.