►►► Serie A Lounge 2018-19 ◄◄◄

Comments

• TheMenezLover
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    Jesus there goes my second place inter prediction :joy:
  • Alemas_2012
    15502 posts World Class
    Juventus B team eliminated in the qualification round for the Serie C Coppa Italia...
    ...for not having scored enough goals.
    Hm.
    Well, welcome to real competition, kids...
  • opasni_
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    edited August 2018
    opasni_ wrote: »
    Terrible game matchup by Gattuso he needs to go.

You serious?

We are stuck with amateur trainers since Allegri.

Milan became training ground for coaches. He needs to go before it's too late. (like Montella last season).

Team was awful nobody was running, they were acting like it's 50th game of season.

He was forcing Kalinic last 10 games last season...
  • Zambo9
    5116 posts Big Money Move
    Juventus B team eliminated in the qualification round for the Serie C Coppa Italia...
    Hm.
    What does that mean? Is there any particular rule? Last time I checked in every qualification round you go out if you don't score more goals than your opponent
  • Alemas_2012
    15502 posts World Class
    Zambo9 wrote: »
    Hm.
    What does that mean? Is there any particular rule? Last time I checked in every qualification round you go out if you don't score more goals than your opponent

The B team ended up with the same points and same goal difference as another team, so the next criterion was goals scored...
  • Alemas_2012
    15502 posts World Class
    Roma have really done a Nainggolan on Strootman, apparently he's left the training ground in tears and told his friends "they sold me", implying it wasn't his choice to leave.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    Roma have really done a Nainggolan on Strootman, apparently he's left the training ground in tears and told his friends "they sold me", implying it wasn't his choice to leave.

Did not have time to follow this but isn't the transfer market closed?

How did they sell him now?
  • Big Matty T
    2634 posts Fans' Favourite

Only incoming transfers end when the transfer window closes...you can sell to clubs in countries where their window is still open
  • Alemas_2012
    15502 posts World Class
    edited August 2018

The transfer market's closed in Italy for incoming transfers. You can't buy, but you can still sell.
    In France, Spain, and Germany, clubs can still buy players until the end of the month.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5506 posts Big Money Move
    Inter still stink, we need an attacking midfielder, Keita needs to start with Lautaro and Dalbert needs to go.

Nagatomo was better than Dalbert.
  • Alemas_2012
    15502 posts World Class
    Inter still stink, we need an attacking midfielder, Keita needs to start with Lautaro and Dalbert needs to go.

Radja's your man...
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner
    AIeks wrote: »
    Ugh just watched that game before bed (was busy earlier) and what a terrible decision

I’m mad we lost a 2 goal lead, I’m still mad that out game last week was postponed and we had to open with Napoli on the road instead of Genoa at home, I’m just plain mad

What a buzzkill start to the season

EDIT: And I’m also mad that the stupid postponement made Hakan miss this game instead of Genoa

Now I’m done

People died in Genoa. Did you expect them to play the match?

That was the match that needed to be postponed in fact.

IMG_20180826_124921.png

Just decide which side you're standing on already.

Also, Genoa were going to play Milan at the San Siro, how many times does it have to be said? Sampdoria were the ones playing at home.

My original and first side.

I agree with Genoa and Sampdoria matches being postponed but not the whole Serie A.

I think they took the right decision in the end.
    I don't agree with delaying any games. Maybe the one played in Genova makes sense...

Fine I meant the Genoa and Samp matches, maybe I did not choose the right words then so I made a mistake. Obviously the Genoa one for sure as it was played in Genoa. Samp also made sense for what I mentioned earlier. Other matches being postponed was taking it too far.

But my point was when people die and it is a national tragedy you cannot call it a stupid excuse to postpone even if you do not agree.

Genoa would've played in Milano at San Siro. Sampdoria would've played at home the first round.

It's difficult to understand what you're trying to say if what you mean is completely different to what you write. You say you don't agree with delaying any game but then go on and say that maybe the one in Genova (again, this is the Sampdoria game) makes sense to be delayed.
  • Alemas_2012
    15502 posts World Class
    If it's any consolation, @I SiR MartY I, Guarin's 76-rated in the CSL with double 4*...
    Also discovered via Kazooie's video that Hernanes now plays there. Thought he was still in Brazil.
  • I SiR MartY I

Radja's your man...

Radja is our saviour
  • I SiR MartY I
    If it's any consolation, @I SiR MartY I, Guarin's 76-rated in the CSL with double 4*...
    Also discovered via Kazooie's video that Hernanes now plays there. Thought he was still in Brazil.

99 shot power
    8 long shots

1 in 200 go in, just like Guarin :'(
  • Alemas_2012
    15502 posts World Class
    edited August 2018
    If it's any consolation, "I SiR MartY I", Guarin's 76-rated in the CSL with double 4*...

99 shot power
    8 long shots

Thought he was a legend in FIFA exactly because of his long shots. :D
    Last time he was in FUT he had 92 shot power and 90 long shots...
  • I SiR MartY I
    If it's any consolation, "I SiR MartY I", Guarin's 76-rated in the CSL with double 4*...

99 shot power
    8 long shots

He'll probably have like 80/81 long shots and 87/88 power and no other decent stats bar strength :joy:
  • Alemas_2012
    15502 posts World Class

99 shot power
    8 long shots

He'll probably have like 80/81 long shots and 87/88 power and no other decent stats bar strength :joy:

Iv5cos3.png
    Physical indeed still seems quite high.
    Still looks pretty decent apart from defending...
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10

The transfer market's closed in Italy for incoming transfers. You can't buy, but you can still sell.
    In France, Spain, and Germany, clubs can still buy players until the end of the month.

Why did it change in Italy this season? Before it was till end of August too.
  • VolpeDiFuoco_10
    Rick wrote: »
    Ugh just watched that game before bed (was busy earlier) and what a terrible decision

I’m mad we lost a 2 goal lead, I’m still mad that out game last week was postponed and we had to open with Napoli on the road instead of Genoa at home, I’m just plain mad

EDIT: And I’m also mad that the stupid postponement made Hakan miss this game instead of Genoa

Now I’m done

IMG_20180826_124921.png

Also, Genoa were going to play Milan at the San Siro, how many times does it have to be said? Sampdoria were the ones playing at home.

I agree with Genoa and Sampdoria matches being postponed but not the whole Serie A.

I don't agree with delaying any games. Maybe the one played in Genova makes sense...

Fine I meant the Genoa and Samp matches, maybe I did not choose the right words then so I made a mistake. Obviously the Genoa one for sure as it was played in Genoa. Samp also made sense for what I mentioned earlier. Other matches being postponed was taking it too far.

But my point was when people die and it is a national tragedy you cannot call it a stupid excuse to postpone even if you do not agree.

Genoa would've played in Milano at San Siro. Sampdoria would've played at home the first round.

It's difficult to understand what you're trying to say if what you mean is completely different to what you write. You say you don't agree with delaying any game but then go on and say that maybe the one in Genova (again, this is the Sampdoria game) makes sense to be delayed.

I knew you would pass a comment after I explained myself countless times frenemy. ;)

Let's let it die shall we?
  • I SiR MartY I

99 shot power
    8 long shots

Iv5cos3.png
    Physical indeed still seems quite high.
    Still looks pretty decent apart from defending...

1-2 IFs and he'll be a fantastic super sub, bring him on and just abuse the timed shot :joy:
  • Alemas_2012
    15502 posts World Class
    edited August 2018

Wow, you've been living under a rock.
    The theory was that clubs wouldn't have to worry about losing key players to rival clubs when the season has already started. They did the same in England.
    Right now there's still the risk of offers from France, Spain, and Germany, but given an Italian or English club would have no chance of getting a replacement, they're more able to convince their players to stay.
    Which makes Roma's move rather surprising, they currently have only N'Zonzi and De Rossi as defensive-minded midfielders.
  • Roma have really done a Nainggolan on Strootman, apparently he's left the training ground in tears and told his friends "they sold me", implying it wasn't his choice to leave.

Similar to England. They wanted the window to close before the season started?
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner

Now I’m done

IMG_20180826_124921.png

I knew you would pass a comment after I explained myself countless times frenemy. ;)

Let's let it die shall we?

You didn't do a good job explaining yourself.
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner

The theory was that clubs wouldn't have to worry about losing key players to rival clubs when the season has already started. They did the same in England.
    Right now there's still the risk of offers from France, Spain, and Germany, but given an Italian or English club would have no chance of getting a replacement, they're more able to convince their players to stay.
    Which makes Roma's move rather surprising, they currently have only N'Zonzi and De Rossi as defensive-minded midfielders.

Strootman is not a De Rossi/Nzonzi esque player though. Pellegrini would be his replacement I imagine.
  • Neckabob
    12945 posts Has That Special Something

Yuto is king
  • Alemas_2012
    15502 posts World Class

Strootman is not a De Rossi/Nzonzi esque player though. Pellegrini would be his replacement I imagine.

I always saw Strootman as a more defensively-minded player with a knack of going forward.
    In any case, they've lost a large dose of aggression in midfield.
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner

I always saw Strootman as a more defensively-minded player with a knack of going forward.

Not saying it's a good piece of business but it's not a DM they're losing.

Pastore/??? - De Rossi/Nzonzi - Pellegrini/Cristante

They bought Coric and also got Zaniolo from Inter but are they ready to be Pastore's back-up?
  • Alemas_2012
    15502 posts World Class

They bought Coric and also got Zaniolo from Inter but are they ready to be Pastore's back-up?

Zaniolo's already being linked to a loan move somewhere else.
    Coric... no idea.
  • Rick
    9179 posts League Winner

Zaniolo's already being linked to a loan move somewhere else.
    Coric... no idea.

Looks like they're gonna have the same problem as us then.

Jack/BERTOLACCI - Biglia/Mauri - Kessie/Bakayoko

Hakan as a mezzala is not something I want to see ever again but it's an emergency solution should Jack be unavailable. But yeah, the lack of depth is worrisome.
This discussion has been closed.